Question Pixel 6 won't pair with Galaxy Buds Live

Search This thread

Wrngway

Jan 19, 2013
I've had my Buds Live for some time now and used them with a Pixel 5 and work iPhone. They don't appear in the Pixel 6 bluetooth pairing menu. The Galaxy Wear app sees them, but gives a "can't communicate" error when I select to pair with them. I made sure the buds weren't paired with any other device and tried rebooting my phone and reinstalling the Galaxy Wear app.

I've successfully paired another bluetooth headphone with the Pixel 6, so it should be working.

Any thoughts?

Wrngway

Jan 19, 2013
FIXED....I had to unpair them from my Pixel 5 first. Even though the Pixel 5 was turned off they wouldn't pair with the Pixel 6. I don't understand, but they're paired with the Pixel 6 now.

matt0720

Feb 8, 2011
Just ran into this when I finally got my P6Pro... If anyone from the future finds this thread and like me you already factory reset your old phone prior to trying to pair your earbuds and can no longer go back and unpair them from your previous device.

Instead you can just put the ear buds in your ears and long press on both ear buds at the same time for 3 seconds until you hear a single loud beep from both earbuds simultaneously. That seems to put them into pairing mode. At that point your phone should be able to connect to them from the Galaxy Wear app.