Question Pixel 6a Fingerprint scanner flaw

Search This thread

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Turning the option off made a huge difference, for me. I am going to be cautious about saying it's fixed, as I've had periods where everything worked great and then suddenly turned to garbage, again. Cautious optimism?

I'm running A13 with no screen protector.

batp

Sep 6, 2010
Will not work 90/100 times in standard finger configuration. Wet my finger, works for about 30-60 seconds, then stops working.

meanwhile pixel 3a scans right away every time

edufur

Sep 27, 2007
Hillsboro
I have the opposite problem. My right thumb hardly works at all, even though I have registered it many times. My left thumb works more reliably. And strangely, my thumbs work better when wet than dry. I think the back scanner was WAY better. I really hate seeing the sensor when my phone is out in the bright sun.

damian5000

Oct 25, 2011
I have the opposite problem. My right thumb hardly works at all, even though I have registered it many times. My left thumb works more reliably. And strangely, my thumbs work better when wet than dry. I think the back scanner was WAY better. I really hate seeing the sensor when my phone is out in the bright sun.
Are you placing thumb deliberately and flat down?

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Fixed various issues for Pixel 6a devices that made it difficult for users to unlock their device or to set up Fingerprint Unlock.

From Android 13 QPR beta1 release notes. Now, if we can just get it released to the 6a....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got mine today. Only registered my right thumb, but left thumb opens it too. None of my other fingers do though.

And no, none of my previous devices do this. Not my Pixel 5A and not my OnePlus 7 Pro. My fingerprints are not identical, which is almost statistically impossible.

So yes, the fingerprint sensor is not secure. Please stop going out of your way to defend Google. They are not your friend, they just want your money.
    @Virgo_Guy A mere bag o' shells. I'll make sure that it works correctly when I get it tomorrow and gloat. ;-) If it has a flaw I'll keep it in my sight at all times. But my wife knows all my passwords and our joint account number. So now what? Sleep with one eye open, shower with her to keep her honest? Decisions, decisions.
    I think showering with her is your only good option, here. Safety first!
    Just got mine. All set up. Zero issues with the finger print sensor. Works first try with only fingers registered. Went around my office letting people try to unlock with zero success.
    This phone is so amazing. I'm coming from the pixel 6, to the S22. I prefer this all day long over them.
    Anyone else experiencing problems with the 6a fingerprint.It's unlocking even with the non-registered fingerprint. Is this a widespread issue?
    Yes. I just got mine setup yesterday and registered both thumbprints. Then, was able to unlock it with my right index finger (which was NOT registered.) So, it is definitely an issue. Also to note, I'm on T-Mobile and haven't received an OTA update yet. OOTB it is on the April security release. **Interesting note: it seems that Google doesn't even have an unlocked OTA update yet: https://developers.google.com/android/ota
    One guy with a pre release version does not a widespread issue make. We'll know more tomorrow. It very well might be but isn't yet.