Question Pixel 6a Thoughts

Search This thread

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Currently using a pixel 5 and it has been the only phone thus far that I have had longer than a year. I've always been a power user and have always bought the expensive intl. unlocked behemoths from Samsung ( Note and the S-series).

Main reason why I've kept the pixel 5 longer than usual is the size and weight - this phone feels amazing in the hand and is very light. Camera is good but can be very good with the different GCam mods.

WAs thinking to give the 6a a try since the size is perfect also but not sure if it's worth switching the 5 for that. What are the current best deals to switch if they still offer them ? The performance of the 5 is decent but the 6a has the upgraded chips so that's what making me consider switching
I was also considering the 5 v 6a. I went with the 6a because of the chipset, basically. I believe the camera is the same for both phones, but with the AI computer trickery, the photos that can come out of the 6a are better than the 5 will ever do. Plus, with all the trade in promotions, the 6a can be significantly less expensive.

gullkhan0

Aug 29, 2011
Vienna
For me, i touch the screen and the phone wakes up in about half a second. The under screen reader is a small amount slower than the capacitance reader that was on the back of the phone, but not so's noticable.
Thank you. How's the phone size? I have smaller hands and 4A felt like perfect fit.
I wonder if it's noticeably bigger or kinda similar. Otherwise I'll return it for Pixel 5, which is pretty much same in size as 4A.

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Thank you. How's the phone size? I have smaller hands and 4A felt like perfect fit.
I wonder if it's noticeably bigger or kinda similar. Otherwise I'll return it for Pixel 5, which is pretty much same in size as 4A.
I have small hands, as well. I loved the size of the 4a. I bought the 6a because it's pretty much the identical width and only a few mm taller. You should be very happy with the size of the 6a.

Reactions: gullkhan0

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Honestly this shrinking phone size is hard to get used to....I went from the really big (for its time) Nexus 6 to the more manageable 3a XL (same height, narrower vs N6), to this phone which to me honestly feels a bit small. Ill get used to it, but I would definitely prefer something closer to the 3a XL in size. Maybe the 7a or 8a will be closer to this.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Honestly this shrinking phone size is hard to get used to....I went from the really big (for its time) Nexus 6 to the more manageable 3a XL (same height, narrower vs N6), to this phone which to me honestly feels a bit small. Ill get used to it, but I would definitely prefer something closer to the 3a XL in size. Maybe the 7a or 8a will be closer to this.
It's funny how size matters.. to some. Yes, the 6a is smaller than what you had for sure. It's the reason I got rid of my P6. What made you go with the 6a vs. the 6, price? If so, that's a great reason. I don't think the 7a or the 8a will be larger, at least I hope not, however I believe the P7 will be similar to the P6. And I was almost getting used to the P6 but I was just in denial. No more phones for me over 6.1. Last point, IMO, this device is much better in size than the P5 which my wife still has. You'd totally hate that one.

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
It's funny how size matters.. to some. Yes, the 6a is smaller than what you had for sure. It's the reason I got rid of my P6. What made you go with the 6a vs. the 6, price? If so, that's a great reason. I don't think the 7a or the 8a will be larger, at least I hope not, however I believe the P7 will be similar to the P6. And I was almost getting used to the P6 but I was just in denial. No more phones for me over 6.1. Last point, IMO, this device is much better in size than the P5 which my wife still has. You'd totally hate that one.
Price among other things, yes. I dont love the glass back and extra weight of the regular 6. The 6a already weighs noticeably more than the 3a XL (aluminum frame Im sure) but yeah, $150 for a 6a was a no brainer. If they offered something similar with the regular 6 I may have jumped on that as well. This phone is just a hair too small for me ideally but in every other way (ok, FPS aside) its miles better than the 3a/3a XL

Reactions: bobby janow

DJBlaster-303

Aug 21, 2011
Bologna
Pixel 6a is very classy phone but i returned it to amazon because I was not happy with his battery duration, with my normal use it lasts 12 hours only, and with his 5g reception that was not as good as my last phone, so I finally decided to send my Ulefone Armor 10 5g to official EU repair center to be fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I went to Best Buy today to look at the phone. The size is perfect. I'm trading in my Pixel 6 which I hate for the 6a and they are giving me a $250 trade-in. So for 2 bills I get the phone I want not the behemoth that I have now. Your father will love it, it's slimmer and noticeably smaller in the hand. I'd get it from Google but they don't offer a trade in for the P6.
    I hate to say this but I got 300 trade-in for an old 3a plus free pixel buds on google's store.
    I hate to say this but I got 300 trade-in for an old 3a plus free pixel buds on google's store.
    Yep, I did the same, couldn't pass up the deal
    As a Pixel 6 user, I don't like it. The compromises aren't worth the $150 less. It doesn't even have the A-Series touches (headphone jack, rear-fingerprint, etc.) like the 5a did. Sure, it's a solid phone, but if you're buying a phone for more than a year, it's definitely worth the extra 33%. Then again people buy the iPhone SE and that's literally the iPhone 8 with the A15.
    Me from previous years would have complained, because obviously we have much better phones for cheaper but I can't understand how, out of all these phone companies which keep popping up every day, only 3 seem to care about compact phones (Samsung, Apple, Google).
    I wanted to gift my father a new phone, he's been using a Poco F1 and he hates every phone that is larger than that.
    What are the options now? Spend more to get the S21/22 or the iPhone 12/13 or just get the Pixel 6a because there are no other options.
    Personally, having changed from a Poco X2 to an S22, at this point, I feel like larger phones are overrated.

In conclusion, I'm not saying the 6a is good, definitely not at that price, but it's the only one that matches the requirement.
    I went to Best Buy today to look at the phone. The size is perfect. I'm trading in my Pixel 6 which I hate for the 6a and they are giving me a $250 trade-in. So for 2 bills I get the phone I want not the behemoth that I have now. Your father will love it, it's slimmer and noticeably smaller in the hand. I'd get it from Google but they don't offer a trade in for the P6.
    I can't do that unfortunately. BB at $250 with free buds for a cracked P6 is still pretty good.