• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6P is Not that great, Change my mind?

Do you Have issues too?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Skimpy007

Jan 24, 2012
Maybe I'm in the wrong discussion area, Admin move if so. Thanks!

Am I taking crazy pills or am I the only one that finds the Pixel 6P glitchy AF/ Not that great? I keep seeing ya'll post best phone ever.

Background:

I've had PXL-P4XL, Skipped 5G for OP8 Pro and Now back to P6 Pro.

Quick Reference:

Fwding a URL to someone in messages, it'll pull up messages but the text box is blank so have to go back to browser copy URL then go to messages and post. Same with sending a picture from gallery blank in messages. (Maybe messages issue?)

Then NONE of the Smart Lock features work. I use my watch as Trusted Device doesn't work.
Tried Trusted places (which I don't use) just to see if that worked Nope.
Tested On Body as well works sometimes.

Then Bluetooth for car. Getting into car bluetooth takes about 50 second to connect. (yes tested with other devices instant pick up)

Ironically enough the fingerprint reader actually ISN'T that bad for me WHEN it pulls up. BUT where I do have the problem is the Security Pin. Man I'll put my Lock PIN in about 3 times on average before it lets me in. Same code over and over. I have had it up to 6 times before. Even doing it super slow.

Even just now tried to open Bank Of America App fingerprint popped up and kept putting finger on it and not even a vibrate of miss recognize. Had to turn screen off / on put code in and reopen app.

I'll finish it with the 5G UC "TMO" (non mmw). Is horrible. I think the 4G in my P4XL was faster...

Last edited:

Roll3r

Mar 7, 2006
Oakland, CA

Am I taking crazy pills or am I the only one that finds the Pixel 6P glitchy AF/ Not that great? I keep seeing ya'll post best phone ever.

Background:

Quick Reference:

Fwding a URL to someone in messages, it'll pull up messages but the text box is blank so have to go back to browser copy URL then go to messages and post. Same with sending a picture from gallery blank in messages. (Maybe messages issue?)

Then NONE of the Smart Lock features work. I use my watch as Trusted Device doesn't work.

Then Bluetooth for car. Getting into car bluetooth takes about 50 second to connect. (yes tested with other devices instant pick up)

Ironically enough the fingerprint reader actually ISN'T that bad for me WHEN it pulls up. BUT where I do have the problem is the Security Pin. Man I'll put my Lock PIN in about 3 times on average before it lets me in. Same code over and over. I have had it up to 6 times before. Even doing it super slow.

Even just now tried to open Bank Of America App fingerprint popped up and kept putting finger on it and not even a vibrate of miss recognize. Had to turn screen off / on put code in and reopen app.

I'll finish it with the 5G UC "TMO" (non mmw). Is horrible. I think the 4G in my P4XL was faster...
There's something wrong with your phone. Period.

wulfgarfang

Feb 15, 2014

Background:

Quick Reference:

No, just you bro. As a matter of fact, not one single problem you said.

• Sad
Reactions: Skimpy007

wolfeyes30

Have a couple of those issues. Blank message after sharing or copying url. Smart lock works for trusted location but not trusted device. Had to pair my 2020 Ram 8 times in last 3 days. TMO 5G UC is fast here for me but the handoffs between LTE and 5G are horrible. Folks that have no issues, enjoy your phone. For me this will probably be traded in for someone else down the road. This has been the worst Google phone for me of the 4 that I have owned.

Reactions: Skimpy007

MasterBelch

Oct 22, 2020
Not my duty or anyone else in this forum to change your mind. If you don't like it, great. Just find a phone that you like, search Google issue trackers, maybe RMA, or simply pose the question. 🙂

That said...

Smart lock had been working fine for me as does url forwarding.

Fingerprint is also fine along with the occasional "additional security" message when I have to enter my pin, which takes the first time.

Bluetooth takes about 20 secs to connect on a cold start on my F-Pace and almost instantaneous if I was just in it a few minutes ago. Same for my I-Pace.

No Bank of America fingerprint issues here.

Only thing for me is the occasional signal issues that didn't happen on my Pixel 5. Hopefully that'll be fixed with an update.

prohibido_por_la_ley

Nov 21, 2011
Chicago
Definite case of user error here I have none of the issues you mentioned plus my pixel 6 pro is really fast on 5G
Screenshot_20211203-220513.png

Reactions: yyz71 and galaxys

Vash369

Sep 4, 2012
Tampa
Probably a redundant answer, but you may want to reset to factory settings. I've read in Reddit that bugs may be caused by Google direct transfer feature via USB in case you've used just that.

Edit: Source linked.

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not even going to try to change your mind. If you're unhappy with the phone I suggest you return it, or sell it if past the return period (y)

Background:

Quick Reference:

Background:

Quick Reference:

There's something wrong with your phone. Period.
    Not my duty or anyone else in this forum to change your mind. If you don't like it, great. Just find a phone that you like, search Google issue trackers, maybe RMA, or simply pose the question. 🙂

That said...

Smart lock had been working fine for me as does url forwarding.

Fingerprint is also fine along with the occasional "additional security" message when I have to enter my pin, which takes the first time.

Bluetooth takes about 20 secs to connect on a cold start on my F-Pace and almost instantaneous if I was just in it a few minutes ago. Same for my I-Pace.

No Bank of America fingerprint issues here.

Only thing for me is the occasional signal issues that didn't happen on my Pixel 5. Hopefully that'll be fixed with an update.
    Definite case of user error here I have none of the issues you mentioned plus my pixel 6 pro is really fast on 5G
    Screenshot_20211203-220513.png