Question Pixel 7 Pro losing cellular connection and unable to reconnect

Search This thread

mahdiattieh

Oct 10, 2014
Did someone with signal issues tested the QPR beta?

I did since 2 days now and it didn't fix my signal issue.

Basically I tried everything by now from disabling 2g, changing apn, disabling dual sim, resetting the phone, resetting the network, etc

The weird thing is that it shows exclamation mark as no data connection but some apps still connect like whatsapp, instagram, etc while for example Youtube wouldn't connect unless i had it open before switching from wifi to mobile data and then toggling airplane mode few times.

akulp

Oct 16, 2006
I did since 2 days now and it didn't fix my signal issue.

Basically I tried everything by now from disabling 2g, changing apn, disabling dual sim, resetting the phone, resetting the network, etc

The weird thing is that it shows exclamation mark as no data connection but some apps still connect like whatsapp, instagram, etc while for example Youtube wouldn't connect unless i had it open before switching from wifi to mobile data and then toggling airplane mode few times.

Yes, I noticed the same. Sometimes browsing with Firefox works for me, but I can't make a phone call.

Beside that I had problem that I can not disable 2G, because my carrier don't support 2G anymore.
But you wrote that you tried to disable 2G. So you use 3G for phone calls and you still have problems with "no network"?

Strange, because in our country people with 3G network are not reporting these errors.

mahdiattieh

Oct 10, 2014
Yes, I noticed the same. Sometimes browsing with Firefox works for me, but I can't make a phone call.

Beside that I had problem that I can not disable 2G, because my carrier don't support 2G anymore.
But you wrote that you tried to disable 2G. So you use 3G for phone calls and you still have problems with "no network"?

Strange, because in our country people with 3G network are not reporting these errors.
Only 3G available here, overall the only thing i have issue with is the mobile data connection that keeps disconnecting and going offline all the time, while making calls and receiving calls work fine.

Reactions: akulp

Yensid eno

Aug 31, 2012
If you have these problems, exchange phone. As others have said, P6P had same problem with some phones and not with others. Believe modem is the same, so don't wait. I suffered for a year and finally gave up and upgraded just to get rid of the problem phone I had.

Reactions: p51d007

EtherealRemnant

If you have these problems, exchange phone. As others have said, P6P had same problem with some phones and not with others. Believe modem is the same, so don't wait. I suffered for a year and finally gave up and upgraded just to get rid of the problem phone I had.
Modem is not the same. P6P has Samsung Shannon 5123B, P7P has Samsung Shannon 5300G. This modem hasn't even been used in a Samsung device yet, it launched with the Pixel 7 series.

So I got a new 5G SIM for the P7P. My previous 4G SIM was getting 200Mbps d/l. The new 5G SIM gets maybe 30 if I am lucky....

Yesterday, I woke up and my phone was able to make connections to Verizon but there was no sound whatsoever. Nothing from my mic and nothing thru the ears.......Verizon couldnt figure it out, and blamed it on a large outage here in Los Angeles. I need to reflash my radio to get back to normal.

Maybe that will assist someone....try to reflash the radio.

rusinov

Oct 28, 2019
So I got a new 5G SIM for the P7P. My previous 4G SIM was getting 200Mbps d/l. The new 5G SIM gets maybe 30 if I am lucky....

Yesterday, I woke up and my phone was able to make connections to Verizon but there was no sound whatsoever. Nothing from my mic and nothing thru the ears.......Verizon couldnt figure it out, and blamed it on a large outage here in Los Angeles. I need to reflash my radio to get back to normal.

Maybe that will assist someone....try to reflash the radio.
What you mean with re-flash radio?
There is a magic where you just re-flash radio firmware?

rusinov

Oct 28, 2019
Its not a custom radio, I just reflashed the radio from the standard Google package. Reflashing fixed my problem, so figured maybe it might help someone else....GL!
Root required? And what you mean with standard google package? we are on standard build - factory installed, or updated with November OTA.

Yensid eno

Aug 31, 2012
Modem is not the same. P6P has Samsung Shannon 5123B, P7P has Samsung Shannon 5300G. This modem hasn't even been used in a Samsung device yet, it launched with the Pixel 7 series.
Good to know, I was working with older information that obviously was wrong. As I did type, so far so good. Have had one instance of losing signal while using Google Maps in an area I know to be well covered, but to early to say it was anything but a one-off anomaly.

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
Flashed the beta and it seems to have improved the issue for me. Got the exclamation mark yesterday and instead of staying that way my device switched to LTE. Then moments later it reconnected to 5G whereas on stable it would just stay without data until the airplane toggle. Also, on the beta on Verizon I'm getting 5G UWB more reliably as well as inside. On stable I would rarely get 5G UWB inside at my home.

swieder711

Flashed the beta and it seems to have improved the issue for me. Got the exclamation mark yesterday and instead of staying that way my device switched to LTE. Then moments later it reconnected to 5G whereas on stable it would just stay without data until the airplane toggle. Also, on the beta on Verizon I'm getting 5G UWB more reliably as well as inside. On stable I would rarely get 5G UWB inside at my home.
I hope that beta radio file get released in the December update. I'm getting way too many exclamation points on Verizon.

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
I hope that beta radio file get released in the December update. I'm getting way too many exclamation points on Verizon.
I flashed the beta radio when I was on the November build and it was still the same for me. They did mention a fix they specifically did in the beta in regards to UW. So if everything or majority of the fixes from 3-3.1 will make it into the Dec build it'll help a lot.

xpact

Apr 14, 2010
Did someone with signal issues tested the QPR beta?
I did same sh*t. No improvement.

The December factory stock update seems to have improved the things at least for me. 13.0.0 (TQ1A.221205.011, Dec 2022)

I had installed OTA update but I intend to wipe it clean and do the factory image. I may try QPR2 when available and compare which is better.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been having ongoing issues with connection loss since getting the phone, and since getting the latest beta update a few days ago things seem more stable. The handful of times the connection has dropped, it's reconnected a lot faster. I'm going to need to test it further, but it definitely seems like things are looking up.
    I am tempted to install the latest Beta modem file to my P7P phone that is running the January update.

Has anyone tried this combination?
    That would be a great solution to stay out of beta...
    I just installed the Beta 2 modem file on top of the stable January update. I will report back if there is any noticeable change.
    Great.

Yes, please report in any case...
    I used to have this same exact issue with my pixel 6 pro and wouldn't be fixed no matter what I did. I traded it in for my p7p and haven't had that issue since. You should replace it while you can and hopefully it won't happen again
    I flashed the beta radio when I was on the November build and it was still the same for me. They did mention a fix they specifically did in the beta in regards to UW. So if everything or majority of the fixes from 3-3.1 will make it into the Dec build it'll help a lot.
    I live in Boston metro area with abundant LTE/5G coverage, but drive through two nearly dead zones, each of them lasts just a few seconds. My previous phone would not stop YouTube playback going through those areas. My Pixel 7 Pro loses connection for ~5 minutes completely and then reconnects via EDGE even though strong 5G is available. I have to toggle the airplane mode for it to connect to the correct network.

I'm on Mint/T-Mobile and this has been happening every day. Is it a software bug or is my Pixel defective? Thanks for any ideas, I still have a week to decide if I should return it :(
    I don't know if this will help, but...

I believe EDGE uses 2G. Maybe turn off "Allow 2G" in Settings>Network & internet>Sims>Allow 2G. Hopefully this will stop it from connecting to EDGE and instead connect back to your strong 5G or LTE.
    I came from a OnePlus 8 Pro (what a great phone BTW), and found the Pixel 6 Pro had worse connectivity. The Pixel 7 Pro seems to have fixed all that and some bluetooth issues I was having with certain headsets on the Pixel 6 Pro.

One trick on any modern 5G phone -- if you are having issues -- the switching between 5G, 5G UC, and LTE can be disruptive. If this is constantly happening just switch it to LTE, chances are you'll get better reception and at the same or even faster speeds.

For example, a Six Flags a few weeks ago, 5G was constant problems while forcing LTE worked fine 100% of the time.