Question Pixel 7 Pro Volte and Vowifi in unsuported Country

Search This thread

rosms

Hey guys, from what I see we get same issues as in all previous Pixels. No Volte for me in Romania, Vodafone. Same as in P6p I previously had. Is there any way to enable it without root? Phone is unlocked, bought from Google Store Germany.

hubono

Oct 22, 2005
Muscat
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Same here omantel
I tried the workarounds on the other tread and enabled 5g and also vo5g
Volte, VoWifi, Vo5g all not working.
I come from the oneplus 7 pro and using the nbm file method managed to successfully enable volte.
I wonder if that method will work with the pixel.
Anyone can chime in?

snipeerz

May 11, 2012
when i go to option in Dial *#*#4636#*#* for volte it can not be selected in my pizel 7 pro .

other wise its working in s22 ultra !!

my career is orange france !!

hubono

Oct 22, 2005
Muscat
Google Pixel 7 Pro
No, because it doesn't apply to our phone.
Hi
Are you sure?
It seems to be working on the pixel 5

Any ideas are welcomed

tauio111

Feb 27, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Can you please explain what is nbm file method? First time that i heard about it
mbn files are used on Qualcomm, not Shannon modems like on the Pixel 6&7. These will have zero effect.

The reason why VoLTE works for some using the old modules from the Qualcomm pixels is due to the fact that the module also changes some build.prop values (look inside the modules to see which props exactly).
You can also achieve this by editing the /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files/carrierconfig-com.google.android.carrier-*.xml file (these are generated from .pb files somewhere, cant remember where they resided on the fs) and adding these lines there:

<boolean name="enhanced_4g_lte_on_by_default_bool" value="true" />
<boolean name="carrier_volte_available_bool" value="true" />
<boolean name="vendor_hide_volte_settng_ui" value="false" />

and after that you will get a toggle in the Settings where you can turn on VoLTE - that will force the VoLTE IMS stack to start working with the stock volte profile. If your carrier has incompatibilities with that profile it wont work.

Last edited:

hubono

Oct 22, 2005
Muscat
Google Pixel 7 Pro
mbn files are used on Qualcomm, not Shannon modems like on the Pixel 6&7. These will have zero effect.

The reason why VoLTE works for some using the old modules from the Qualcomm pixels is due to the fact that the module also changes some build.prop values (look inside the modules to see which props exactly).
You can also achieve this by editing the /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files/carrierconfig-com.google.android.carrier-*.xml file (these are generated from .pb files somewhere, cant remember where they resided on the fs) and adding these lines there:

and after that you will get a toggle in the Settings where you can turn on VoLTE - that will force the VoLTE IMS stack to start working with the stock volte profile. If your carrier has incompatibilities with that profile it wont work.
Huh
Noted with thanks
Now i wonder since the are many profiles for different operators around the world and On my oneplus 7 pro i used the malaysian maxi nbm, is there a way to rename one of the current profiles to omantel my operator.
My thinking is if i can find the Malaysian profile on the pixel 7 pro and rename it to omantel it might work.
What do u think?

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
Hi
Are you sure?
It seems to be working on the pixel 5

Any ideas are welcomed
Here is a detailed post.
In my reply above for the pixel 5 guide, it mentions some of the steps as well.
I won't have access to a proper pc for the next few days, if u managed to get it to work please share.
The Pixel 6 and 7 are completely different chip and modem designs than the Pixel 5.

Last I checked, this breaks more things than it fixes.

Pretty much this. Can also use this method for other flags that a carrier might support such as VoNR.

Last edited:

kraaiven

Oct 30, 2022
In order to enable vowifi and volte, has the carrier to do something or is it google that has to implement this (for a country or a certain carrier)?

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Google Pixel 7 Pro
In order to enable vowifi and volte, has the carrier to do something or is it google that has to implement this (for a country or a certain carrier)?

The carrier has to support and enable it, which means you need to be on a tariff that supports it. Not all do. For example, PayG tariffs in the UK quite often don't come with it even if the carrier supports it.

My tarrif definitely does, I used to use it previously on my Note 10 Plus with the same sim card. However, despite sending the SMS code to enable it again last Wednesday just in case changing the phone stopped it working, and getting a response from Vodafone UK to say it will be enabled, it's still unselected on my phone info screen and it's greyed out stopping it being manually turned on.

Annoying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221030-120846.png
    Screenshot_20221030-120846.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 124

hubono

Oct 22, 2005
Muscat
Google Pixel 7 Pro

If you don't mind me asking, Where does the stock volte profile preside?

azooooooooo

Apr 4, 2011
file:///data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files/carrierconfig-com.google.android.carrier-*.xml

I get permission denied. I do it on my laptop and termix. Still can't access the file

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you please explain what is nbm file method? First time that i heard about it

No, because it doesn't apply to our phone.