Pixel Buds or....?

Search This thread

TokedUp

Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2010
Hellz Kitchen, NYC
Anyone using any wireless ear buds that support wireless charging BESIDES the Pixel buds? Could you recommend me a pair? I have Anker wireless buds now but I wanna get a pair that wireless charge so I can use with my eventual P5. TIA

Pixel buds are too expensive at $179. My Anker ones were $30 and they are great. If the PB price drops below $100 I could consider them but not now.

I was considering the Samsung Buds Live (Beans) cuz I got a pair for wifey and they are pretty good. But similar price point to PBs.

Last edited:

bigshotrob22

Oct 3, 2010
Tucson
Anyone using any wireless ear buds that support wireless charging BESIDES the Pixel buds? Could you recommend me a pair? I have Anker wireless buds now but I wanna get a pair that wireless charge so I can use with my eventual P5. TIA

Pixel buds are too expensive at $179. My Anker ones were $30 and they are great. If the PB price drops below $100 I could consider them but not now.

I was considering the Samsung Buds Live (Beans) cuz I got a pair for wifey and they are pretty good. But similar price point to PBs.
I love my pixel buds. I ordered the Galaxy Buds Live and wore them for 2 minutes and hated them. Thinking about posting them on FB Marketplace. They are brand new.

motes

Dec 20, 2010
I own a galaxy buds + and i love it! And it's a half priced than the pixels, i get it for 100€!

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Zisworg

Jun 16, 2011
Paris
Since I live in France, I've received the Pixel 5 included ear-buds and I assure you they're terrible by all means! Your ear can't hold the bud, no matter how you set it up and don't expect any kind of isolation/noise cancelling. The sound is a pity.
In short, Google put them in the package by the law (in Australia & France) and he's definitely not trimming its margin!

Whumpscut

Feb 2, 2006
Western Germany

Sorry to say that, but the Apple Airpods Pro are running really well with the P5..

my370z

Jan 7, 2017
aldie
Sure, this is not an Apple-specific-feature, it works with every connected end-device (even with my Garmin Forerunner)
My airpods 2nd gen doesn't work very well with my pixel. Can't use any touch feature and the volume can be very low or very loud sometimes without any adjustments in Volume

Whumpscut

Feb 2, 2006
Western Germany
My airpods 2nd gen doesn't work very well with my pixel. Can't use any touch feature and the volume can be very low or very loud sometimes without any adjustments in Volume

Hm, interesting.
On Android you can switch between ANC on/off, Track Pause/Play, Next Track
Via 3rd party apps you can add several other features.
Volume change works neither on iPhone nor on Android.

ec101079

Nov 6, 2010
Richmond BC
Do to get the noise cancelation working on the pixel 5 with airpods pro?
view

gd6noob

Apr 29, 2011
Im using Jabra Elite Active 75t (mostly for work calls) and Jabra Elite 85h (music on phone, watching TV and playing gaming on laptop).. both sounds amazing... ANC not the best in-class but the voice quality is top notch...
they both pair easily to the pixel 5.

jimv1983

Feb 28, 2011
Benicia, CA
I love my pixel buds. I ordered the Galaxy Buds Live and wore them for 2 minutes and hated them. Thinking about posting them on FB Marketplace. They are brand new.

I can understand why you hate them. Just looking at them I know I would hate them too. Hard plastic is why I never wore earbuds when I was younger. It wasn't until silicone tipped earbuds came out that I started using earbuds.

Reactions: bigshotrob22

jimv1983

Feb 28, 2011
Benicia, CA

Yeah, the Pixel Buds really are too expensive but any decent sounding ones will be unfortunately. I'm not going to spend anymore than $50 on any headphones that I'm going to have to replace in 2-3 years.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I can understand why you hate them. Just looking at them I know I would hate them too. Hard plastic is why I never wore earbuds when I was younger. It wasn't until silicone tipped earbuds came out that I started using earbuds.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone