Pixel C charger

Search This thread

farsiray

Feb 18, 2017
The only charger that's charging my Pixel C is the original charger that came with the device.
I have a number of other chargers here, even a QC3.0 charger, and another USB-C charger (from a Moto Z2). None of them is charging the Pixel C! They do light up the charging icon, but when I look into the battery settings, it says: 'not charging'

What are your experiences with charging the Pixel C?

dkryder

Sep 26, 2013
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 5a
i use the factory charger, the charger from my oneplus 5, and if it is connected to my pc it charges during that time. i remember using a few others also and have had no issues with any specific charge method. in fact, i am sorta surprised by the post. i know the factory charger has a built-in cable, so i might first look at the cable used with any other charger. i bought some usb-a to usb-c cables from amazon and the oneplus 5 is a good usb-a to usb-c cable.

jatilq

Oct 19, 2007
I purchased this from amazon

Anker Quick Charge 3.0 and USB Type-C 24W USB Wall Charger, PowerPort+ 1 for Galaxy C9 Pro, Nexus, Moto and More

I think it came with a cord

Anker PowerLine+ C to C 2.0 cable (6ft), High Durability, for USB Type-C Devices Including Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, the new MacBook, Nintendo Switch, Google Pixel, Nexus 6P, LG V20 G5 and More

this is optional.

farsiray

Feb 18, 2017
All my chargers do that, including the original one. It takes maybe half a minute to a minute before this changes to "charging" in battery settings. So it's not a charger problem really.

well.... it once drained the battery, the screen stayed on because a charger was connected, but it did not actually charge the battery. i thought it was charging, some time later i noticed that it was not!
this and other experiments made me write this question on the forum.

update: due to a problem with the PIN I had to factory reset my Pixel C https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73807273&postcount=20
and ever since, different chargers NOW do charge the Pixel C!!! strange, but that's how it is now....

Reactions: ramseyjack

gargamon

Nov 20, 2011
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread. Hopefully this may help others with this problem.

I am on my second pixel c and both had/have this problem with aftermarket chargers. For me, the problem is not that the chargers won't charge the unit, but that they won't charge the unit every time they're plugged in. My workaround is to run the ampere app and repeatedly plug the charger into the unit until it shows it charging. Normally it takes no more than 5 tries. It even charges rapidly.

I currently use an anker charger that works as above, my previous charger, Aukey, also worked similarly. Strangely enough, it doesn't matter which end of the cable(usb-c or USB) is removed and reinserted to get the pixel c charging. This proves to me that it's not a bad connection.

Last edited:

irockthebear

Jan 27, 2013
SF
I can confirm that the Anker aftermarket charger works great. When I plug in the Pixelbook charger into the Pixel C the tablet will charge but it will reboot android everytime.... Very annoying!

golvellius

Apr 26, 2006
Hi to all
Here you have my experience with my second hand pixel c.
I have tested :

huawei 5v 2A , 9v quick charger Charging ok.
Apple ipad 18w charger. Charges it ok.
Anker 5 ports QC2.0 not charging.
Aliexpress QC 3.0 charges but makes some bad touch screen errors and ghost touchs. It is impossible to use Pixel c.
Huawei 5v 2A. Not charge

With charge i mean in the battery options icon i can see charging...

Thanks to all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All my chargers do that, including the original one. It takes maybe half a minute to a minute before this changes to "charging" in battery settings. So it's not a charger problem really.

well.... it once drained the battery, the screen stayed on because a charger was connected, but it did not actually charge the battery. i thought it was charging, some time later i noticed that it was not!
    this and other experiments made me write this question on the forum.

update: due to a problem with the PIN I had to factory reset my Pixel C https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73807273&postcount=20
    and ever since, different chargers NOW do charge the Pixel C!!! strange, but that's how it is now....