General Fixes for GSI ROMs (A225M/A225F)

Search This thread

ArmandoDrake

Jan 30, 2020
Moto E5
Samsung Galaxy A22 4G
Note: There's a Telegram group that we've been sharing our fixes. You can find it by searching "Samsung A22"

Now there's a GSI (Pixel Experience Plus) that it's working very well than others GSI ROMs (To be honest, I have tried few). It has less bugs and a bit of stability for a main usage. I'll provide the fixes that you can do when you try this GSI ROM or any other if you want.

There's guides of how to flash GSI ROMs, you must understand the guides before continue, the writers of the guides and I will not be responsible for any damage or bricking of your device.

FIXES:

- Media Volume Control: Few others GSI ROMs has a bug that you can't decrease the media volume even if it shows that you already decrease it, the volume will sound loud. In case that you are using other GSI ROM but PE+.

Go to Settings > Phh Treble Settings > Samsung features > Unmark "Use alternate audio policy". (Then probably restart the phone)

It is probably this bug has been fixed in updated versions of GSI ROMs (since my last check)
OPTIONAL: Use/install Viper4Android Reverse Engineered, you can adjust the speaker volume perfectly like OneUI (stock ROM) did.

- Headphones not detecting: If your device doesn't detect your wired headphones connected and the sound still comes out from the device speaker.

Go to Settings > Phh Treble Settings > Misc Features > Enable "Force-disable A2DP offload"
Then using Termux (or any Terminal), grant root access by entering "su" command and then copy and paste the next command and enter.

setprop persist.sys.overlay.devinputjack true

Then restart the device and now the headphones will be detected.
Note: Don't mark "Use alternate way to detect headsets" in Misc Features, it will break it's behavior.

- Bluetooth Audio / Wireless Headsets: If your device play music/media on Wireless headset or BT Audio.
Go to Settings > Phh Treble Settings > Misc Features > Select "Bluetooth worksarounds" and choose in it "Mediatek", then enable "Use System Wide BT HAL" and the audio in wireless headsets will be working now.

- Camera lightsensor & notch status bar padding: GSI doesn't contain specific overlays, AOD, CameraLightSensor and Notch.

Flash the attached module created by adskdev.

- Low Read/Write speed: It decreases reading and writing speed as we switch ROM with different libraries.
Flash Magisk module that improves read/write speed, for example SQLite.

- Please report me for more bugs if necessary.

Attachments

• adskoverlaymod.zip
    34.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

fy.fy117

Oct 29, 2022
Then, now compress the next file, also into a TAR file, but now with the name "SYSTEM.tar" super.img.lz4

is the file "not system" renamed "system"?

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
This thread is edited to remove the content of this, Since this guide is not well explained and not many users may be able to understand it due to the many texts and steps that it has. Maybe in the future I will use this thread to write few things to improve A22 4G experience with Root.
Moderator Announcement:

Thread closed at author's request.
Thread has been re-opened by my esteemed teammate @V0latyle to allow @ArmandoDrake to share his experiences in future. Meanwhile, I've changed the thread's prefix from "How-to-Guide" to "General".

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

adsk-dev

Apr 28, 2023
Russia
no matter how much I try to install GSI - it turns out a low speed on the system, the speaker volume does not change, mobile data doesn't work either, that's all that makes me not switch to another firmware.

dtlucillek20

May 23, 2020
hello, good afternoon, I have a bug and it happens to me in all the gsi and it is the problem of the proximity sensor, when I want to listen to audio from WhatsApp or from another application, the screen turns off but instead of coming out of the top the audio as it is Normally, it comes out of the speaker below. any solution? From already thank you very much

ArmandoDrake

Jan 30, 2020
Moto E5
Samsung Galaxy A22 4G
no matter how much I try to install GSI - it turns out a low speed on the system, the speaker volume does not change, mobile data doesn't work either, that's all that makes me not switch to another firmware.
Try using a updated GSI ROM, it provides some fixes (sometimes if latest is broken, use the previous version). About low speed; i added how to fix that, you also can use FDE.AI for enable performance mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moderator Announcement:

Thread closed at author's request.