Pixel Mods - Hide Apps from the Pixel Launcher! [XPOSED]

Search This thread

Massi-X

Nov 28, 2013
[XPOSED] Pixel Mods

Pixel Mods is a new module that let you to finally tidy up your messy launcher with style! Long click on the home screen to access its main interface and you will be able to hide the apps you want to (3 apps can be hidden for free, then paying a small amount gives you access to everything).

It also has this functions:
- Enable debug flags in the launcher

All changes happens instantaneously, you won't even notice them!

You need to make a small in-app purchase to unlock all the functions.

FAQ:
  • Which Pixel Launcher versions are supported?
    You can check in the changelog or directly by opening the main app interface. I won't post the list here because it would surely goes out of sync
  • What is Xposed, EdXposed and LSPosed? Which one should I use?
    I strongly suggest to use LSPosed if you can. It is very well made and directly tested by me, if you have an old device you can use the original XPosed. EdXposed works too.
  • I beg you to accept my translation!
    Sorry but I don't accept community translations anymore!

Known bugs:
  • Starting a search in some versions of the launcher brings up the app even if they are hidden. This happens because the search is managed by the Google app itself, I have yet to see if it is even humanly possible to prevent this.

Notes:
  • Rootless pixel launcher is NOT supported, and never will be.
  • I want this feature and also that one! Sure please tell me about it. Anyway I won't give you any ETAs nor I am sure that what you ask will even be possible. I'm already digging to find some way to support icon packs but don't know if I will be able to.

Last edited:

sidd23

Jan 9, 2012
New Delhi
not working on pixel 2xl.
Running pixellauncher version 11, with riru and lsopsed. The hide apps options never shows up.

Massi-X

Nov 28, 2013
not working on pixel 2xl.
Running pixellauncher version 11, with riru and lsopsed. The hide apps options never shows up.
Strange it is my device too! Moreover if it fails to add the menu should show you a notification to continue anyway

Troubleshooting:
- module enabled in lsposed? Pixel launcher selected as a target? Device rebooted?
- nothing works? Please disable all other modules, reboot and then see if it works. If not send me the Xposed logcat. I may also need the full logcat of the device (you can use logcat extreme from play store). PM me for these

Thank you

sidd23

Jan 9, 2012
New Delhi
Strange it is my device too! Moreover if it fails to add the menu should show you a notification to continue anyway

Troubleshooting:
- module enabled in lsposed? Pixel launcher selected as a target? Device rebooted?
- nothing works? Please disable all other modules, reboot and then see if it works. If not send me the Xposed logcat. I may also need the full logcat of the device (you can use logcat extreme from play store). PM me for these

Thank you
Hey man
Sorry for being a little impatient.
Somehow it worked the next day when I rebooted again.
Great work, Thank you so much.
Your mod helped me complete my pixel launcher customization.
Would like to see more features added in the future, like the ones in the 'pixel launcher mods' app for resizing widgets and changing icons. 'Pixel launcher mod' app is very buggy.
Thanks again!

Massi-X

Nov 28, 2013
Hey man
Sorry for being a little impatient.
Somehow it worked the next day when I rebooted again.
Great work, Thank you so much.
Your mod helped me complete my pixel launcher customization.
Would like to see more features added in the future, like the ones in the 'pixel launcher mods' app for resizing widgets and changing icons. 'Pixel launcher mod' app is very buggy.
Thanks again!
Thank you don't worry. I will consider that too (i will look into that app I didn't know it exists) I'm currently working on a way to support custom icon packs, actually I don't know if I will be able to add support for these but let's cross the fingers!

Thank you 😌

Reactions: bmr90344

wint1014

Nov 19, 2020
OnePlus 8
Excellent, it works as intended; no flaws. Some features I would like to see: hide icon labels on the home screen -normally, labels are hidden only in the bottom row-. More grid options for the home screen. And folders to have a solid icon instead of a preview of the icons inside of them. Thanks man and keep up the good work (y)

Massi-X

Nov 28, 2013
Excellent, it works as intended; no flaws. Some features I would like to see: hide icon labels on the home screen -normally, labels are hidden only in the bottom row-. More grid options for the home screen. And folders to have a solid icon instead of a preview of the icons inside of them. Thanks man and keep up the good work (y)
Hi thank you for the support and the suggestions! Hide icon label seems a good idea and also an easy one I think I will add it shortly. For the other requests I need to dive deep in the code and this will take some time! I will keep you updated

Reactions: wint1014

lacia-chan

May 23, 2017
the app appears to be incompatible with this version of the pixel launcher on beta 4 redfin managed to launch the main activity using activity launcher and tried disabling apps which didn't work.

Attachments

• com_google_android_apps_nexuslauncher_12_906_minAPI31nodpi_apkmirror.apk
    10.2 MB · Views: 296

Massi-X

Nov 28, 2013
the app appears to be incompatible with this version of the pixel launcher on beta 4 redfin managed to launch the main activity using activity launcher and tried disabling apps which didn't work.
Hi thank you for the feedback. I don't currently have any device to test on Android 12 so it is not supported as of now, anyway I will try to look it into and of you are available as a tester I can send you some apks to try out. PM me if you are interested

dennisgrue

Jul 30, 2018
Thank you very much for that little but very helpful module. That is exactly what I was looking for my OnePlus 7 Pro with pixel experience Rom. I was disappointed that the pixel launcher doesn't offer such a functionality right out of the box. But one thing I noticed: Some apps (installed from the Playstore) aren't listed and therefore can't be hidden. In my case it is Call Recorder Unlock from Skvalex. It features an option to hide it's icon by itself but doesn't work in the pixel launcher. Pixel Mods doesn't show me the app (the Call Recorder itself can be selected, but not the license unlocker) in the list to hide.

I am using Pixel Launcher 825 (11) on OnePlus 7 Pro running Pixel Experience Plus 11.0-20210717-1555-0FFICIAL

Massi-X

Nov 28, 2013
Thank you very much for that little but very helpful module. That is exactly what I was looking for my OnePlus 7 Pro with pixel experience Rom. I was disappointed that the pixel launcher doesn't offer such a functionality right out of the box. But one thing I noticed: Some apps (installed from the Playstore) aren't listed and therefore can't be hidden. In my case it is Call Recorder Unlock from Skvalex. It features an option to hide it's icon by itself but doesn't work in the pixel launcher. Pixel Mods doesn't show me the app (the Call Recorder itself can be selected, but not the license unlocker) in the list to hide.

I am using Pixel Launcher 825 (11) on OnePlus 7 Pro running Pixel Experience Plus 11.0-20210717-1555-0FFICIAL
Hi, thank you for your kind review :)

I will look into your problem in the coming weeks and keep you updated. Thank you again

Massi-X

Nov 28, 2013

Now comes to my mind what the problem is. See on Android 10+ it is not possible for apps to hide their icon from the drawer, so if you try to hide it with the call recorder itself it will effectively go away from pmods but not from the launcher. I will take a look at how I can workaround this problem, for now I suggest you too uninstall and reinstall the app and then DON'T use it's option to hide it but directly use pmods

dennisgrue

Jul 30, 2018
Now comes to my mind what the problem is. See on Android 10+ it is not possible for apps to hide their icon from the drawer, so if you try to hide it with the call recorder itself it will effectively go away from pmods but not from the launcher. I will take a look at how I can workaround this problem, for now I suggest you too uninstall and reinstall the app and then DON'T use it's option to hide it but directly use pmods
That worked perfectly! Thanks for the quick solution. Yesterday I wrote a review in the Playstore but it seems like it wasn't published / deleted. It's definitely 5 stars worth.

Reactions: Massi-X

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
Hey there, Allcast Premium Licence App is not shown in Pixel Mods

Package Name: com.koushikdutta.cast.license

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210830-080411_Pixel_Launcher~2.png
    Screenshot_20210830-080411_Pixel_Launcher~2.png
    343.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot_20210830-080421_Pixel_Mods.png
    Screenshot_20210830-080421_Pixel_Mods.png
    253 KB · Views: 154

dennisgrue

Jul 30, 2018

It sounds like you have the same problem I had earlier with the license app. Does this app has a function to hide itself? Because if it can hide it's icon it will hide itself from pixel mods. See the devs answer:

Massi-X

Nov 28, 2013

It sounds like you have the same problem I had earlier with the license app. Does this app has a function to hide itself? Because if it can hide it's icon it will hide itself from pixel mods. See the devs answer:
Yeah it sound like this is the same exact problem, but this time the app probably hide itself by default thus making impossible to hide it with pmods. I still have to find a way to reliably fix this but I have some ideas. I hope being able to release an update this or the coming week

Reactions: sergej_7

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
Yeah it sound like this is the same exact problem, but this time the app probably hide itself by default thus making impossible to hide it with pmods. I still have to find a way to reliably fix this but I have some ideas. I hope being able to release an update this or the coming week
it hides from Pixel mods after First Launch of Main App, but If you hide it before it's Not showing up anymore

jpslvie

Jun 15, 2013
OnePlus 8 Pro
I get the following error: "This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play. Check the help centre for more information."

Edit: Reinstalled and it is now working.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [XPOSED] Pixel Mods

Pixel Mods is a new module that let you to finally tidy up your messy launcher with style! Long click on the home screen to access its main interface and you will be able to hide the apps you want to (3 apps can be hidden for free, then paying a small amount gives you access to everything).

It also has this functions:
    - Enable debug flags in the launcher

All changes happens instantaneously, you won't even notice them!

You need to make a small in-app purchase to unlock all the functions.

FAQ:
    • Which Pixel Launcher versions are supported?
      You can check in the changelog or directly by opening the main app interface. I won't post the list here because it would surely goes out of sync
    • What is Xposed, EdXposed and LSPosed? Which one should I use?
      I strongly suggest to use LSPosed if you can. It is very well made and directly tested by me, if you have an old device you can use the original XPosed. EdXposed works too.
    • I beg you to accept my translation!
      Sorry but I don't accept community translations anymore!

Known bugs:
    • Starting a search in some versions of the launcher brings up the app even if they are hidden. This happens because the search is managed by the Google app itself, I have yet to see if it is even humanly possible to prevent this.

Notes:
    • Rootless pixel launcher is NOT supported, and never will be.
    • I want this feature and also that one! Sure please tell me about it. Anyway I won't give you any ETAs nor I am sure that what you ask will even be possible. I'm already digging to find some way to support icon packs but don't know if I will be able to.
    Hey @Massi-X, I've been using Pixel Mods for over a year now & haven't really experienced many issues, but the December update to the P8 Pro seems to have killed all functionallity - Pixel Mods just FC's now, so I have had to disable it in Lsposed - could you look into this? Thanks!

Latest Pixel Launcher apk attached 👍
    Hi I noticed the problem myself and working already on it! Thank you
    For anyone interested, a beta version has been published on the Play Store because the implementation of the new theme is taking a while. You can try it out if you want to!
    @pleasetouchmenot @monkeymechanic @DemonDestroyer0789 Hi everyone! New release published with fix included! Thank you all for your understanding!