Pixel on Sprint

Search This thread

schwingep

Oct 5, 2016
Hi. I am a Product Ambassador for Sprint and can confirm that Sprint is an activation partner for Pixel. Let me know if you have any questions.

A bunch! Current Sprint user - phone payment for current phone will be up in Dec. So looking at options.

1) Will I have to buy the unlocked phone at Google, or does Sprint plan to carry it soon?
2) Project Fi - do I sign up with that through Sprint or through Google?
3) Does that create extra fees? This is what Fi states: $20 unlimited talk/text plan plus $10 per GB of data—so 3GB of data and your total bill would be $50 a month.
3a) So I guess, it might be easier for you to explain the exact process of what will be needed :)
4) Do I get to keep my current #?

Thanks,
- Peter

mattvalenz

Oct 8, 2010
A bunch! Current Sprint user - phone payment for current phone will be up in Dec. So looking at options.

1) Will I have to buy the unlocked phone at Google, or does Sprint plan to carry it soon?
3) Does that create extra fees? This is what Fi states: $20 unlimited talk/text plan plus $10 per GB of data—so 3GB of data and your total bill would be $50 a month.
3a) So I guess, it might be easier for you to explain the exact process of what will be needed :)

Thanks,
- Peter

Hey Peter -

Happy to help.

1) Sprint will not carry Pixel due to Google's choice to go with Verizon as the exclusive carrier storefront for Pixel, however we are an activation partner for the device. So, you would buy the unlocked version of the device from Google and activate it with us if you choose.
You can get a SIM kit from us online here:
https://www.sprint.com/landings/bring-your-own-phone/

2) Project Fi is a Google MVNO service offer, we do not "sell it" though we are a network partner in Fi providing service on the backend along with T-Mobile. More info on the Fi site here:
https://fi.google.com/about/

3) There are no extra fees with Fi. You either get service from Sprint using a Sprint SIM or you get service from Fi using a Fi SIM. If you choose to activate with Sprint you would just use your existing Sprint number. If you choose to activate the service with Fi, you would get a new Fi number of your own unless you choose to port your line to Fi in which case you would no longer have that number with us on Sprint.

3a) Hopefully I have! :)

4) If you wanted to activate your Pixel with Fi, you could port your number over to that service. You would no longer be a subscriber when you port out.

Hope this has been helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Matt :)

davidh59

Nov 20, 2011
Poland, IN
Hi. I am a Product Ambassador for Sprint and can confirm that Sprint is an activation partner for Pixel. Let me know if you have any questions.
Hi Matt, Streamlining the process would sure be nice. Forty five minutes on the phone tonight, talked to 3 very nice reps. All to order a sim card. My wife wants the same phone when her lease is up. Why can't this be made less time consuming?

edit; dang wish had seen your previous reply!

Last edited:

mattvalenz

Oct 8, 2010
Hi Matt, Streamlining the process would sure be nice. Forty five minutes on the phone tonight, talked to 3 very nice reps. All to order a sim card. My wife wants the same phone when her lease is up. Why can't this be made less time consuming?

Well I wish I had a better answer. In this case, Google kept details around Pixel pretty close to the vest until the announcements yesterday which mean we could not communicate internally until late yesterday and today. The good news is that we have been working hard to make sure our Retail reps have internal information on Pixel to help with ordering SIMs as in your case. If you continue to still have a SIM issue, please let me know. The SIM card you will need for Pixel is:

UICC SKU / UPC Code
◦CZ2144LWC / 019962040146

•Retail SIM Kit Capable ◦760492034500

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

Will the sim card from my Nexus 6p work with the Pixel XL?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi hshshawn -

Yes it will as it is the exact same SIM SKU as Nexus 6: CZ2144LWC / 019962040146.

However we still require the SIM to be paired to the device MEID in our billing system so you can't just take the SIM out of your Nexus 6p, insert it into the Pixel and expect it to just activate. You still have to swap the device on sprint.com or through Care or Retail. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Matt

Reactions: blu8503 and KCT1975

schwingep

Oct 5, 2016
Hey Peter -

Happy to help.

1) Sprint will not carry Pixel due to Google's choice to go with Verizon as the exclusive carrier storefront for Pixel, however we are an activation partner for the device. So, you would buy the unlocked version of the device from Google and activate it with us if you choose.

2) Project Fi is a Google MVNO service offer, we do not "sell it" though we are a network partner in Fi providing service on the backend along with T-Mobile. More info on the Fi site here:

3) There are no extra fees with Fi. You either get service from Sprint using a Sprint SIM or you get service from Fi using a Fi SIM. If you choose to activate with Sprint you would just use your existing Sprint number. If you choose to activate the service with Fi, you would get a new Fi number of your own unless you choose to port your line to Fi in which case you would no longer have that number with us on Sprint.

4) If you wanted to activate your Pixel with Fi, you could port your number over to that service. You would no longer be a subscriber when you port out.

Thanks, Matt - very helpful information!

blu8503

Dec 31, 2011
Well I wish I had a better answer. In this case, Google kept details around Pixel pretty close to the vest until the announcements yesterday which mean we could not communicate internally until late yesterday and today. The good news is that we have been working hard to make sure our Retail reps have internal information on Pixel to help with ordering SIMs as in your case. If you continue to still have a SIM issue, please let me know. The SIM card you will need for Pixel is:

UICC SKU / UPC Code

â?¢Retail SIM Kit Capable ◦760492034500

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

Hi hshshawn -

Yes it will as it is the exact same SIM SKU as Nexus 6: CZ2144LWC / 019962040146.

However we still require the SIM to be paired to the device MEID in our billing system so you can't just take the SIM out of your Nexus 6p, insert it into the Pixel and expect it to just activate. You still have to swap the device on sprint.com or through Care or Retail. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Matt

How about the Nexus 6? I have the Nexus 6 I got from sprint. Is this the same SKU?

alexjzim

Mar 10, 2009
Long Island

Can I use the project Fi sim card the Pixel comes with, when I activate it on sprint? If not, what is the correct model sim card for sprint on this phone? Can I just take the same one from the HTC 10?

mattvalenz

Oct 8, 2010
How about the Nexus 6? I have the Nexus 6 I got from sprint. Is this the same SKU?

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

A huge drawback in staying with sprint when I get the pixel is the lack of wifi calling support. I can go to T-Mobile and get unlimited, and have them support Androids native wifi calling.

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA-Developers mobile app

Sprint supports Android native Wi-Fi calling. Are you 100% sure that T-Mo supports this on Pixel? It's a Google decision vs a Sprint decision on what they do and do not support in terms of carrier services.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

Can I use the project Fi sim card the Pixel comes with, when I activate it on sprint? If not, what is the correct model sim card for sprint on this phone? Can I just take the same one from the HTC 10?

The Project Fi SIM works on the Project Fi MVNO network. You will need a Sprint SIM card for Pixel to work on the Sprint network.
Correct SIM:
UICC SKU / UPC Code

In terms of HTC 10, yes it will work as it is the exact same SIM SKU. However we still require the SIM to be paired to the device MEID in our billing system so you can't just take the SIM out of your HTC 10, insert it into the Pixel and expect it to just activate. You still have to swap the device on sprint.com or through Care or Retail.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Reactions: KCT1975 and blu8503

mattvalenz

Oct 8, 2010
A huge drawback in staying with sprint when I get the pixel is the lack of wifi calling support. I can go to T-Mobile and get unlimited, and have them support Androids native wifi calling.

I looked into this with our Product team and the Wi-Fi calling "support" that VZ and T-Mobile are claiming are most likely tied to voLTE than anything else. Ultimately Google does not support IMS on Pixel which would have enabled Android native Wi-Fi calling on our network.

Reactions: KCT1975

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks,
    - Peter

Hey Peter -

Happy to help.

https://www.sprint.com/landings/bring-your-own-phone/

https://fi.google.com/about/

Hey Peter -

Happy to help.

Thanks, Matt - very helpful information!

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

Sprint supports Android native Wi-Fi calling. Are you 100% sure that T-Mo supports this on Pixel? It's a Google decision vs a Sprint decision on what they do and do not support in terms of carrier services.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

The Project Fi SIM works on the Project Fi MVNO network. You will need a Sprint SIM card for Pixel to work on the Sprint network.
    Correct SIM:
    UICC SKU / UPC Code

In terms of HTC 10, yes it will work as it is the exact same SIM SKU. However we still require the SIM to be paired to the device MEID in our billing system so you can't just take the SIM out of your HTC 10, insert it into the Pixel and expect it to just activate. You still have to swap the device on sprint.com or through Care or Retail.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

UICC SKU / UPC Code

•Retail SIM Kit Capable ◦760492034500

Will the sim card from my Nexus 6p work with the Pixel XL?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi hshshawn -

Matt