• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel or 3rd party? Headphones

Search This thread

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
I feel like I want to be fully in the pixel eco system as it's just starting butttttt, would it be worth spend 100 quid on pixel buds or a decent Sony headset, I like the buds for there minimalist style but I like over ear headphones for the full experience, I'm not buying both lol

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Good question. My biggest pet peeve with any kind of "buds" are them falling out of my ear. My Samsung Buds+ (and another users' Buds Pro) were much worse than my Pixel Buds A-Series. I didn't know about Comply Fit Foam Tips you can buy for various buds, and am considering some, but weighing whether they're worth it since my A-Series don't fall out too much. I reference and have links to them here if you're curious.

I'm not into covering the whole ear, either. I do like my old Samsung Level U "buds" which are the type with a band that goes around your neck - that way when/if they fall out they don't go far away.

I'm assuming you can't get a decent Sony headset for anywhere near the cost of the Pixel Buds A-Series, so ultimately, if I were you, that would probably be the deciding factor.

I've mentioned before elsewhere, I like how smooth and integrated the app for the Pixel Buds, etc works on the Pixel versus how Samsung's app was on my Note 10+. I just didn't like the Samsung much at all in any area, really.

Some user (maybe on Reddit) claimed that he accidentally put his A-series buds in the case through a laundry washing machine cycle and all were still working after.

Reactions: kevinireland11

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
Your kind of convincing me here lol, I'll review the pixel buds before I decide, I just feel like over the ear headphones offer more experience, more battery and and over all better sound output, Sony have they're own app as well but I really want to be in the pixel zone lol, I shall let you know my decision 😆😆

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Sonys WF XM4 are the best buds around, they offer an "almost" full (over ear) headphone experience, even though they are "just" buds. They are also shaped ergonomically and once you fit them in your ear canal, you can even go working out - they won't fall out.

Mind though, that they are expensive. You won't find them below 200 €.

I have a pair of Galaxy Buds Live that sound awesome but with the way they are made, if I happen to doze off with them in, 1 or both fall out if my head tilts the wrong way. I did buy a pair of Razer Hammerhead True Wireless (2nd Gen) that have the RGB included and downloaded the Razer sound app to tweak the sound and they sound awesome also. They have some serious bass if you use the bass boosted setting. My music player of choice for several years now has been Power Amp with the settings for the EQ set on rock with Preamp set all the way up and the bass and treble dials both set at 50%. Got them on sale from Amazon for $99.99. They have gone back up to $129.99. You can also get them from Gamestop and Amazon. I put the link to Razer's site below.

For those looking for a good pair of ear buds, I would give them a try. They also have ANC and gaming mode. They are also comfortable to wear for hours. I wore them for 5 hours Saturday night and they did not bother my ear canals like a lot of in ear earbuds cause after short periods. The charging case is nice and gives various different battery life based on which options you choose to use. I have the RGB on default spectrum cycle and ANC off which is supposed to be a total of 27.5 hours between use and case recharging per Razer. You can get up to 32.5 hours.

Last edited:

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
I have been using Soundcore Liberty 2 for a couple of years and i have no intention of getting rid until they pack in, they have been superb and you can shake your head like good'un and they don't fly out.

They were replaced by the Liberty 2 Pro (currently £90) and then by the Liberty 3 Pro but stock often reappears with them going for 50 or 60 quid.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sonys WF XM4 are the best buds around, they offer an "almost" full (over ear) headphone experience, even though they are "just" buds. They are also shaped ergonomically and once you fit them in your ear canal, you can even go working out - they won't fall out.

Mind though, that they are expensive. You won't find them below 200 €.
    I am using Ear1 (nothing) works and sounds great with P6p
    Yeah I'm going to go for the pixel series A due to its so integrated!

They're sound is about as good as my best pair of wired earbuds, but only after I enabled Bass Boost in settings.
    Good question. My biggest pet peeve with any kind of "buds" are them falling out of my ear. My Samsung Buds+ (and another users' Buds Pro) were much worse than my Pixel Buds A-Series. I didn't know about Comply Fit Foam Tips you can buy for various buds, and am considering some, but weighing whether they're worth it since my A-Series don't fall out too much. I reference and have links to them here if you're curious.

I'm not into covering the whole ear, either. I do like my old Samsung Level U "buds" which are the type with a band that goes around your neck - that way when/if they fall out they don't go far away.

I'm assuming you can't get a decent Sony headset for anywhere near the cost of the Pixel Buds A-Series, so ultimately, if I were you, that would probably be the deciding factor.

I've mentioned before elsewhere, I like how smooth and integrated the app for the Pixel Buds, etc works on the Pixel versus how Samsung's app was on my Note 10+. I just didn't like the Samsung much at all in any area, really.

Some user (maybe on Reddit) claimed that he accidentally put his A-series buds in the case through a laundry washing machine cycle and all were still working after.
    Your kind of convincing me here lol, I'll review the pixel buds before I decide, I just feel like over the ear headphones offer more experience, more battery and and over all better sound output, Sony have they're own app as well but I really want to be in the pixel zone lol, I shall let you know my decision 😆😆