Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL and Sprint

Search This thread

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
If anyone here or knows of someone who is thinking on buying one of the Pixel family of phones, to use on Sprint.. Under Sprints BYOD policy, they will work, but with limitations.. If you go to their site, they do not in anyway, let you know, that if you buy the wrong version of any Pixel device, you will not get it activated.. If you buy either the 32, or 128GB of say the Pixel XL, the last digits of the model number need to say either "BK, BU, or SV.. I went through a nightmare with them, after I had already purchase a slightly used one that was in MINT condition, with no defects or burn ins.. Lucky for me the seller took the phone back, but was puzzled as well, as he had no idea why the phone would not work.. It after all was not the Verizon version, it was Pure Google, unlocked, and he had it on T-Mobile.

I spent a hour on the phone with Google over this, and they said, they had no idea that the phone would not work.. They said usually with Verizon, they have a hard time, as if it is not in the system, then Verizon, has to manually imput the IMEI number, for it to be accepted.. In the end I just bought a new Moto G5S Plus Special Edition... I thought I had one before, but it must have been the plain G5...