Question Pixel stand 2

Search This thread

GivIn2It

Jul 12, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
My pixel stand 2 has a fan built in. The software has limited options for it's functionality. I use the phone nearly continuously as a hotspot on the stand. It gets quite hot, and I am using acca to keep charging between 40 to 80%. I suspect the pixel stand's fan isn't really responding to the phone's temperature, but doing it's own weird Google ****. If Google would give the option of 100% fan speed continuously my problem would be solved. My intention is to rule this device to MY specifications. I plan to open the device and direct wire it's fan to run at full speed continuously. My question to the community is: how to wire the fan to the existing internal circuitry to make this happen? My usual, non elegant solution would be to just power the fan from an external adapter. But this results in multiple power strips with multi plug adapters, an electricians nightmare. YouTube shows some teardowns, but no voltage pinout points.

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I'm sorry to say that I don't have any advice on this. I don't even own a wireless charger, but I especially understand using one in your circumstance.

I just wanted to comment because what you want to do reminds me of things that I do all the time with other (usually, computer) hardware that I don't like how it works, and figuring out ways to keep things as simple as possible, but yeah, no idea about the Stand 2.

Good luck!

Namelesswonder

Jan 26, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
My pixel stand 2 has a fan built in. The software has limited options for it's functionality. I use the phone nearly continuously as a hotspot on the stand. It gets quite hot, and I am using acca to keep charging between 40 to 80%. I suspect the pixel stand's fan isn't really responding to the phone's temperature, but doing it's own weird Google ****. If Google would give the option of 100% fan speed continuously my problem would be solved. My intention is to rule this device to MY specifications. I plan to open the device and direct wire it's fan to run at full speed continuously. My question to the community is: how to wire the fan to the existing internal circuitry to make this happen? My usual, non elegant solution would be to just power the fan from an external adapter. But this results in multiple power strips with multi plug adapters, an electricians nightmare. YouTube shows some teardowns, but no voltage pinout points.
Mine is working just fine, I have acc set to stop at 70% and the stand set to max charge and the fan is running fast nonstop. Only issue I have is sometimes the stand doesn't communicate to the phone but that's apparently a widespread issue.

GivIn2It

Jul 12, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Thanks, I have been gleaning some information on this, will post when I get it sorted.
Mine is working just fine, I have acc set to stop at 70% and the stand set to max charge and the fan is running fast nonstop. Only issue I have is sometimes the stand doesn't communicate to the phone but that's apparently a widespread issue.
When the stand fails communication with the phone does your fan continue to run, or does it quit? Are you running heat generating apps while on the stand? Like Hotspot or AnyDesk?

Namelesswonder

Jan 26, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks, I have been gleaning some information on this, will post when I get it sorted.

When the stand fails communication with the phone does your fan continue to run, or does it quit? Are you running heat generating apps while on the stand? Like Hotspot or AnyDesk?
With no connection the fan runs extremely slowly, it's following a temperature readout on the coil and I don't think it ever will run as fast as when the phone tells the stand to ramp up the fan.

I used to have an issue at the beginning of the year where the phone would just not connect to the stand at all, and I would have to unpair and pair the stand back to the phone. This happened a few times in a month but then just stopped and I haven't had that issue since.

I do know that what case you use does make it harder for the phone to make a connection. I previously was using the Google case but it is thick enough that it would not connect every so often and also wasn't good because it increased the efficiency loses and also trapped heat in the phone. Ended up switching to a thin case and it's better, but probably would be best caseless.

I don't run anything on my phone when it is charging, it's always idle.

GivIn2It

Jul 12, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
With no connection the fan runs extremely slowly, it's following a temperature readout on the coil and I don't think it ever will run as fast as when the phone tells the stand to ramp up the fan.

I used to have an issue at the beginning of the year where the phone would just not connect to the stand at all, and I would have to unpair and pair the stand back to the phone. This happened a few times in a month but then just stopped and I haven't had that issue since.

I do know that what case you use does make it harder for the phone to make a connection. I previously was using the Google case but it is thick enough that it would not connect every so often and also wasn't good because it increased the efficiency loses and also trapped heat in the phone. Ended up switching to a thin case and it's better, but probably would be best caseless.

I don't run anything on my phone when it is charging, it's always idle.
I take the phone out of the case when charging on the stand. I rma'd one stand due to the fan would not start up unless I shook the stand. Now this new stand lets the phone get smokin hot sometimes. What are your ACCA settings? Mine are /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5 shutdown (if not charging) at 5 Resume charging at 40 stop charging at 80. The reason I have the resume at 40 is I will often have the phone discharge to 50% or lower in use, and when I had resume set to 70% ACCA would fail, (when I sat the phone on the stand discharged to anything below the set resume point) the phone would discharge to 5, then shutdown, and proceed to charge itself to 100. I still have some trouble with ACCA and the phone charged to 100 in the morning even if I place on the stand before the resume point.

GivIn2It

Jul 12, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I think our main difference is that I spank my phone harder when its on it's stand than when I'm carrying it. Hotspot, mostly. But sometimes, other stuff, as well. Maybe the stand just isn't capable of keeping up with the heat generated.

Namelesswonder

Jan 26, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I take the phone out of the case when charging on the stand. I rma'd one stand due to the fan would not start up unless I shook the stand. Now this new stand lets the phone get smokin hot sometimes. What are your ACCA settings? Mine are /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5 shutdown (if not charging) at 5 Resume charging at 40 stop charging at 80. The reason I have the resume at 40 is I will often have the phone discharge to 50% or lower in use, and when I had resume set to 70% ACCA would fail, (when I sat the phone on the stand discharged to anything below the set resume point) the phone would discharge to 5, then shutdown, and proceed to charge itself to 100. I still have some trouble with ACCA and the phone charged to 100 in the morning even if I place on the stand before the resume point.
Code:
configVerCode=202206010

capacity=(2 50 65 70 false false)

temperature=(40 45 120 51)

cooldownRatio=(50 10)
cooldownCurrent=
cooldownCustom=()

resetBattStats=(false false false)

chargingSwitch=(gcpm/constant_charge_current_max 600000 0 --)

applyOnBoot=()

applyOnPlug=()

maxChargingCurrent=(600)

maxChargingVoltage=()

language=

runCmdOnPause=''

ampFactor=
voltFactor=

loopCmd=''

prioritizeBattIdleMode=true
currentWorkaround=false
battStatusWorkaround=true

schedule=''

battStatusOverride=''

rebootResume=false

: one-line script sample; echo nothing >/dev/null

Battery kept between 65% and 70%, charging switch supports battery idle mode and setting maximum charge current 600mA, prioritizing battery idle mode is enabled so the battery is essentially not used and phone instead is using external power when active.

Namelesswonder

Jan 26, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thank you. If your phone goes below 65% and you place it on the stand, will it pick up charging?
Did you enter your settings under the ACCA interface, or ACC?
Yes, if it drops below 65% it will charge at 600mA back up to 70% and then the battery will idle, it won't begin charging until below 65% which would take probably over a week for the battery to selfdischarge down to 65%.

Overwrite the contents of /data/adb/vr25/acc-data/config.txt and restart acc.

GivIn2It

Jul 12, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
OK I will paste the exact code you sent into that location and see how it goes. I assume this will automatically change the ACCA interface as well. I will probably disable it in Magisk first, then re enable the module after reboot.

GivIn2It

Jul 12, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I did follow that exactly did copy the changed file in root explorer, saw it change the file size to confirm it really happened. But the changes do not show up in ACCA. It shows automatic charging s witch and prioritize battery idle disabled, charging power control disabled. Do the changes made to config.txt not show in ACCA or did something else fail?

GivIn2It

Jul 12, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I figured it out. Had to remove all the blank spaces between lines. Removed the word code: at the top. Removed the line : one-line script sample; echo nothing >/dev/null at the end. And probably most importantly, changed the configVerCode=202206010 to my existing code number, as the program checks this on boot and rewrites the original file if the numbers don't match. According to the documentation, this is a nono, but I couldn't figure how else to make it work. It is working as you said it would with these changes.

Namelesswonder

Jan 26, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I figured it out. Had to remove all the blank spaces between lines. Removed the word code: at the top. Removed the line : one-line script sample; echo nothing >/dev/null at the end. And probably most importantly, changed the configVerCode=202206010 to my existing code number, as the program checks this on boot and rewrites the original file if the numbers don't match. According to the documentation, this is a nono, but I couldn't figure how else to make it work. It is working as you said it would with these changes.
That means you are using a different version of acc, so your mileage may vary. I'm still using the last stable release which is 2022.6.4.

Might also be worthwhile to install Kirisakura kernel as it puts more thermal constraints on to mitigate heat better than stock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That means you are using a different version of acc, so your mileage may vary. I'm still using the last stable release which is 2022.6.4.

Might also be worthwhile to install Kirisakura kernel as it puts more thermal constraints on to mitigate heat better than stock.
    Code:
    configVerCode=202206010

capacity=(2 50 65 70 false false)

temperature=(40 45 120 51)

cooldownRatio=(50 10)
    cooldownCurrent=
    cooldownCustom=()

resetBattStats=(false false false)

chargingSwitch=(gcpm/constant_charge_current_max 600000 0 --)

applyOnBoot=()

applyOnPlug=()

maxChargingCurrent=(600)

maxChargingVoltage=()

language=

runCmdOnPause=''

ampFactor=
    voltFactor=

loopCmd=''

prioritizeBattIdleMode=true
    currentWorkaround=false
    battStatusWorkaround=true

schedule=''

battStatusOverride=''

rebootResume=false

: one-line script sample; echo nothing >/dev/null

Battery kept between 65% and 70%, charging switch supports battery idle mode and setting maximum charge current 600mA, prioritizing battery idle mode is enabled so the battery is essentially not used and phone instead is using external power when active.
    Thank you. If your phone goes below 65% and you place it on the stand, will it pick up charging?
    Yes, if it drops below 65% it will charge at 600mA back up to 70% and then the battery will idle, it won't begin charging until below 65% which would take probably over a week for the battery to selfdischarge down to 65%.