Question Pixel UI vs Samsung One UI vs IOS experience?

Search This thread

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
Hi,

I am leaning to Pixel lately, been with Samsung since S8 era, now I am holding S22.

I notice two things:
-IOS is more buttery smooth than the One UI, less jittery and occasion frame rate drops
-Pixel UI looks more buttery smooth than One UI

Can anyone share your experience with your Pixel to confirm above statements?

Idk it feels that One UI is not as polished as Pixel, and still miles away from IOS, in term of smoothness

Last edited:
Reactions: mohammed510

ram4ufriends

Aug 12, 2014
San Antonio
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi,

I am leaning to Pixel lately, been with Samsung since S8 era, now I am holding S22.

I notice two things:
-IOS is more buttery smooth than the One UI, less jittery and occasion frame rate drops

Idk it feels that One UI is not as polished as Pixel, and still miles away from IOS, in term of smoothness
I have used Note 20 Ultra for about a year and used iPhone 12 Pro for about a couple of months before switching to Pixel 6 Pro. The first thing I noticed after switching to iPhone is the smoothness. Animations are buttery smooth on ios. But I couldn't stand ios (especially the notification management) and switched to Pixel 6 Pro. Again, the first thing I noticed with the Pixel 6 Pro is the smoothness, it is almost as smooth as iPhone and miles better than Note 20 Ultra. I still encounter few frame drops and issues with Pixel 6 Pro. I have used S22 Ultra for a few days and came back to Pixel 6 Pro for its smoothness. Pixel 6 Pro still has weird bugs for me, but I still prefer using it over OneUI and IOS.

Reactions: wickets and Sky33

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
I have used Note 20 Ultra for about a year and used iPhone 12 Pro for about a couple of months before switching to Pixel 6 Pro. The first thing I noticed after switching to iPhone is the smoothness. Animations are buttery smooth on ios. But I couldn't stand ios (especially the notification management) and switched to Pixel 6 Pro. Again, the first thing I noticed with the Pixel 6 Pro is the smoothness, it is almost as smooth as iPhone and miles better than Note 20 Ultra. I still encounter few frame drops and issues with Pixel 6 Pro. I have used S22 Ultra for a few days and came back to Pixel 6 Pro for its smoothness. Pixel 6 Pro still has weird bugs for me, but I still prefer using it over OneUI and IOS.
Thanks man. Now I feel more confident to switch to Pixel line. Do you mind to share what are the weird bugs you have?

Also if you live outside the US, can I buy the factory unlocked one to be used internationally?

Reactions: wickets

jericho246

I have a Pixel 6 Pro and a S21U currently.
I agree with your statement that One UI is not as smooth as the Pixel UI. My Galaxy S21U still randomly drops frames even when doing extremely simple things like pulling down the notification bar. It's not a pretty look, that's for sure.
Personally I prefer the aesthetics and customization options of One UI (just a personal preference) but unfortunately it's definitely slower than the Pixel UI.

Reactions: Sky33

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
I agree with your statement that One UI is not as smooth as the Pixel UI. My Galaxy S21U still randomly drops frames even when doing extremely simple things like pulling down the notification bar. It's not a pretty look, that's for sure.
Personally I prefer the aesthetics and customization options of One UI (just a personal preference) but unfortunately it's definitely slower than the Pixel UI.
Thanks bro for sharing. How do you find your Pixel 6 Pro btw? Heard that's a load of bugs that aren't nice..

t0m2k

May 18, 2011
I have the p6p ofc and had the iphone 13 pro max for quite a while. In a direct comparison, the p6p is by far the smoothest android device, facts! But, the iphone is just those 2% smoother in the settings, scrolling etc. But don't forget, iOS is for just one phone, namely iPhone. So it's 200% optimised! But overall, I kept the P6P because of android overall and my love for it.

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
I have the p6p ofc and had the iphone 13 pro max for quite a while. In a direct comparison, the p6p is by far the smoothest android device, facts! But, the iphone is just those 2% smoother in the settings, scrolling etc. But don't forget, iOS is for just one phone, namely iPhone. So it's 200% optimised! But overall, I kept the P6P because of android overall and my love for it.
Thanks man for sharing. I guess I will definitely switch to Pixel. Kinda curious what Pixel 7 Pro brings. Probably not much difference

Ivizoid

Aug 10, 2010
Orange County
I’m on my third week using the Pixel 6 Pro, switched from iPhone 13 Pro. I’ve been using iOS consistently since the iPhone 6s. iOS definitely feels smoother in some aspects but that’s years of Apple using their own custom chip. I’m def enjoying the Pixel over OneUI. I use a Galaxy S22 through work and OneUI stutters a lot more and isn’t consistent in overall design/experience. That’s been my overall experience so far. Not even missing iMessage haha

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
I’m on my third week using the Pixel 6 Pro, switched from iPhone 13 Pro. I’ve been using iOS consistently since the iPhone 6s. iOS definitely feels smoother in some aspects but that’s years of Apple using their own custom chip. I’m def enjoying the Pixel over OneUI. I use a Galaxy S22 through work and OneUI stutters a lot more and isn’t consistent in overall design/experience. That’s been my overall experience so far. Not even missing iMessage haha
Thanks man for sharing. That really gave me the idea how good it will be. I will be embracing pixel, hopefully this year 😀

orlans21

Jan 4, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I just switched from the 6 pro to the s21 ultra (did a straight up trade on an aftermarket) I got really sick of the fingerprint scanner and I missed face unlock. Overall I just feel like i'm gonna be with samsung forever lol. But anyways I can say I can appreciate all the customization options that one UI offers even if I don't use half of those features. In terms of overall smoothness, its the same. Some apps will stutter in the beginning on both devices. One thing I noticed though on Accubattery is the screen off drain is much higher on the s21 ultra. When i was using the 6 pro I could get as low as 0.7 overnight drain but on my s21 ultra is like 2.4. Now the reason why could be that I restored my phone using backups instead of starting from scratch and I heard that can cause a battery drain.

MHB1638

Jun 16, 2013
Used all of them. Selling my iphone 13pro max right now. It's fast and smooth but I couldn't look past the dated UI.
The S22u is a great phone. Amazing screen. That's about it. The sheer amount of lag this phone emits is mind blowing. The camera is terrible compared to my P6P. Blows out the dynamic range and skies and bad edge detection. Whereas the P6P just does it all right. Amazing camera, buttery smooth. Caller ID, no bloat, call hold serviceand more. The S22u did have better cell serviceand faster speeds, and much brighter in the sun.

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
Used all of them. Selling my iphone 13pro max right now. It's fast and smooth but I couldn't look past the dated UI.
The S22u is a great phone. Amazing screen. That's about it. The sheer amount of lag this phone emits is mind blowing. The camera is terrible compared to my P6P. Blows out the dynamic range and skies and bad edge detection. Whereas the P6P just does it all right. Amazing camera, buttery smooth. Caller ID, no bloat, call hold serviceand more. The S22u did have better cell serviceand faster speeds, and much brighter in the sun.
How do you find the video quality of those 3? Is the iphone really the best from the bunch?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I notice two things:

Hi,

I notice two things:

Thanks man. Now I feel more confident to switch to Pixel line. Do you mind to share what are the weird bugs you have?

Also if you live outside the US, can I buy the factory unlocked one to be used internationally?