Pixel XL Borked Lineage Install Encrypted Storage

Search This thread

nivagator

Dec 1, 2022
Pixel XL unlocked and flashed with Lineage OS 18.1. An update failed and it will only boot to recovery.
  • All attempts to side load lineage and stock android from recovery fail. adb sideload runs up to 47%, phone gets to Step 2/2 and fails.
    • Code:
      Error applying update: 1 (ErrorCode::kError)
      E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)
  • Internal storage is encrypted and all attempts to reformat partitions and/or completely wipe/factory reset have failed.
    • Lineage's recovery output:
      Code:
      -- Wiping data...
      Formatting /data...
      E:/system/bin/mke2fs failed with status 1
      E:format_volume: Failed to make ext4 on /dev/block/platform/soc/624000.ufshc/by-name/userdata: Success
      Data wipe failed.
      E:Failed to clear BCB message: failed to write /dev/block/platform/soc/624000.ufshc/by-name/misc: I/O error
      E:Failed to WriteUpdateInProgress: failed to read /dev/block/platform/soc/624000.ufshc/by-name/misc: I/O error
  • I am unable to install TWRP, however I can fastboot boot twrp.img and run TWRP.

At this point, all I want is to wipe clean and start over, but I can't find any tool that can successfully format, repair or otherwise wipe the entire storage. Any help would be appreciated.

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Pixel XL unlocked and flashed with Lineage OS 18.1. An update failed and it will only boot to recovery.
  • All attempts to side load lineage and stock android from recovery fail. adb sideload runs up to 47%, phone gets to Step 2/2 and fails.

At this point, all I want is to wipe clean and start over, but I can't find any tool that can successfully format, repair or otherwise wipe the entire storage. Any help would be appreciated.
Visit this thread and ask around.

Reactions: nivagator

Top Liked Posts