• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Pixel XL Current Verizon Number That's Shipping?

Search This thread

whitak3r

May 25, 2009
I ordered a Pixel XL 128 Silver back around the 20th of December from Verizon. My expected date of arrival is the 18th of January(Almost here!!) I've done some reading and it looks like any phone that's version 7.1 or higher isn't rootable. Has anyone gotten a handset recently that has already been 7.1 from the factory? I'm REALLY hoping that I'm shipped a rootable version, damn Verizon...

BDogg718

Apr 12, 2011
Slaughtermore
As long as your device come with 7.1 you can unlock it. 7.1.1 your doomed. Sry.
EDIT: I'd be willing bet that it will come with 7.1 and ask you to take OTA as soon as it powers and sets up. Just dont take it and you will be fine. But, again, just a guess.

Last edited:

rfranken

Dec 23, 2010
I ordered a Pixel XL 128 Silver back around the 20th of December from Verizon. My expected date of arrival is the 18th of January(Almost here!!) I've done some reading and it looks like any phone that's version 7.1 or higher isn't rootable. Has anyone gotten a handset recently that has already been 7.1 from the factory? I'm REALLY hoping that I'm shipped a rootable version, damn Verizon...

Don't get your hopes too high for it to come next week. Looks as though most of the people are getting their dates pushed back till March now....even people that ordered before you did.
It really stinks that we don't seem to get notified until the night of the day we were supposed to get our phone delivered.

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
I ordered the 128gb on Thanksgiving day to catch Verizon's black Friday deal. It arrived on Jan6. It was on the october security update. I popped out my sim prior to powering it on and bypassed initial setup. Depixel8 worked on the first try.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Colby_M

Jul 10, 2014
Important tip: make sure you TURN OFF automatic updates in developer options. I was planning on unlocking my bootloader, so I ignored the update, but when I rebooted to activate my new SIM, the automatic update kicked in. So basically, now I'm boned because verizon.

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
I used to be a staunch proponent of rooting, hence the signature picture... But after owning several Samsung flagships with Samsung Pay options, I have to question the wisdom of rooting one's phone.
Sure you get an ad blocker (though there are apps that do the same through VPN,) or even some ****ty rom, but is it worth losing your phone security?

If you root, your pay system is lost, your security is lost. Now, if someone steals your phone, they basically steal your identity. FBI can violate your bhole if they want you, and anyone with a little bit of knowledge can make fun of you or abuse you.

Is it worth it? Anymore?