Pixel XL Soft Bricked / Can't Unlock bootloader to install Factory Images

Search This thread

lupus2k

Aug 9, 2007
Buenos Aires
Today my phone turn off suddently and no turned on until i press the power button for 10/20 seconds. Now i got a bootloop phone within GOOGLE LOGO and BLACK SCREEN.
I can enter to BOOTLOADER and i can use FASTBOOT without a problem but the phone is OEM LOCKED and FLASHING LOCKED
Recovery takes me to the bootloop again so after reading and reading i got no answers to my most expensive brick i ever purchased...

There is no way to boot the phone to ENABLE the DEVELOPER OPTIONS.
Google replaces my phone but i will not be in the US for the next 6 months...

This is my ALL VARS i get from the fastboot:
HTML:
(bootloader) version:0.5
(bootloader) hw-revision:PVT
(bootloader) mid:G-2PW2100
(bootloader) version-main:0.12.999.1
(bootloader) imei:[REMOVED]
(bootloader) ramdump-mode:false
(bootloader) boot-mode:FASTBOOT
(bootloader) has-slot:radio:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:bootloader:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:reserve5:no
(bootloader) has-slot:devinfo:no
(bootloader) has-slot:fsg:no
(bootloader) has-slot:mfg:no
(bootloader) has-slot:board_info:no
(bootloader) has-slot:reserve4:no
(bootloader) has-slot:metadata:no
(bootloader) has-slot:pg2fs:no
(bootloader) has-slot:pg1fs:no
(bootloader) has-slot:ramdump:no
(bootloader) has-slot:frp:no
(bootloader) has-slot:reserve3:no
(bootloader) has-slot:cdt:no
(bootloader) has-slot:ddr:no
(bootloader) has-slot:modemst2:no
(bootloader) has-slot:modemst1:no
(bootloader) has-slot:fsc:no
(bootloader) has-slot:dip:no
(bootloader) has-slot:dpo:no
(bootloader) has-slot:devinfobak:no
(bootloader) has-slot:sec:no
(bootloader) has-slot:persist:no
(bootloader) has-slot:ssd:no
(bootloader) has-slot:misc:no
(bootloader) has-slot:xbl:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:reserve0:no
(bootloader) has-slot:userdata:no
(bootloader) has-slot:system:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:vendor:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:apdp:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:msadp:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:modem:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:devcfg:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:hosd:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:boot:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:aboot:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:cmnlib64:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:cmnlib32:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:hyp:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:pmic:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:rpm:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:tz:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:keymaster:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:bootlocker:yes
(bootloader) slot-count:2
(bootloader) current-slot:a
(bootloader) slot-retry-count:b:2
(bootloader) slot-unbootable:b:no
(bootloader) slot-successful:b:yes
(bootloader) slot-retry-count:a:2
(bootloader) slot-unbootable:a:no
(bootloader) slot-successful:a:yes
(bootloader) battery-soc-ok:yes
(bootloader) battery-voltage:3724000
(bootloader) variant:US
(bootloader) secure:yes
(bootloader) unlocked:no
(bootloader) version-baseband:8996-012511-1611190200
(bootloader) version-bootloader:8996-012001-1611091517
(bootloader) off-mode-charge:1
(bootloader) charger-screen-enabled:1
(bootloader) max-download-size:	0x20000000
(bootloader) partition-type:userdata:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:userdata:	 0x635400000
(bootloader) partition-type:system_b:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:system_b:	 0x80000000
(bootloader) partition-type:system_a:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:system_a:	 0x80000000
(bootloader) partition-type:vendor_b:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:vendor_b:	 0x12c00000
(bootloader) partition-type:vendor_a:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:vendor_a:	 0x12c00000
(bootloader) partition-type:boot_b:raw
(bootloader) partition-size:boot_b:	 0x2000000
(bootloader) partition-type:boot_a:raw
(bootloader) partition-size:boot_a:	 0x2000000
(bootloader) serialno:HT6C90201174
(bootloader) kernel:lk
(bootloader) product:marlin

Anyone can save me with this problem?

ssb13

Apr 8, 2011
Los Angeles
First off I am really sorry to hear about your issue. It sounds similar to one I had, however my bootloaded was unlocked so I was able to install a full factory image and be up and running.
Question: Are you saying your bootloader WAS unlocked and now it is not since the shutdown occurred?

lupus2k

Aug 9, 2007
Buenos Aires
First off I am really sorry to hear about your issue. It sounds similar to one I had, however my bootloaded was unlocked so I was able to install a full factory image and be up and running.
Question: Are you saying your bootloader WAS unlocked and now it is not since the shutdown occurred?

Nonono, i enabled do the ADB DEBUGGING in the phone (is the first phone i not do this).
The bootloader was never unlocked...

mikaole

Jan 14, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yes...bootloops when:
- Normal power on
- Fastboot + command "fastboot continue"
- Fastboot + press Start
- Fastboot + press Recovery

Fastboot has nothing to do with bootloader. When you are in bootloader on your phone you can choose with vol+ and vol- between several commands.
Start
Restart bootloader
Recovery Mode
Barcodes
Power off

Choose recovery mode

superhyper

Dec 4, 2007
Curiously, I've just run into the same issue. I found that unplugging the device from any usb cable, then choosing the "power off" option would sort of reset the bootloop and bring the whole system down. Once I did that I could boot into the bootloader menu with Power + Vol down, then choose recovery, and it would (usually) boot successfully to the "no command" screen in the recovery system. I was able to flash the OTA file via adb once I got it to that point, but unfortunately even after flashing OTA and then doing the factory reset process I still can not get it to fully boot up :( . It sounds like I'm a little bit further along in troubleshooting than OP at the moment, but I don't have good news to share...

lupus2k

Aug 9, 2007
Buenos Aires
Curiously, I've just run into the same issue. I found that unplugging the device from any usb cable, then choosing the "power off" option would sort of reset the bootloop and bring the whole system down. Once I did that I could boot into the bootloader menu with Power + Vol down, then choose recovery, and it would (usually) boot successfully to the "no command" screen in the recovery system. I was able to flash the OTA file via adb once I got it to that point, but unfortunately even after flashing OTA and then doing the factory reset process I still can not get it to fully boot up :( . It sounds like I'm a little bit further along in troubleshooting than OP at the moment, but I don't have good news to share...

Sorry to hear about that....
I try this and mine don't even enter to recovery...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Thanks to Josiah Mendes's video, we can find more clues now!

I have uploaded all the files I have to Google Drive:

1. adb.rar(this adb file is htc's adb file, and it's different from we usually used.)
    2. htc_fastboot.exe
    3. platforms-tool.rar
    4. ShuameSetup_4.2.3.223.1.exe(This software is used to download the driver for the htc bootloader, see here.)

However, I lost the file named "G-2PIMG_S1_TWHL_N70_MFG_0.20.997.24_Radio_8996-011002-1607051527M_test_492121_2.zip".

By the way, I think this command is the key point:
    Code:
    fastboot oem reboot-download

If you have any clues, please post it, let us work together to find a solution!

Update 2018.08.06
    Thanks to @almightysiman, we got a file shared by someone who has unlocked Verizon pixel:

5. G-2PIMG_S1_WHL_N70_HTC_Generic_NDE63H_user_release_Radio_Not_Specify_release_485607_2_4.zip

It has been added to the link to Google Drive!

No I did not.

I got to a Chinese page but need an account to order and the account requires a Chinese phone number to validate which I don't have because they send you a code.
    I'd really like a normal page where I can order with PayPal from the guy to fix my pixel.

Please help guys.
    I will never understand the idea behind being able to fix something for someone when no one else can and then choosing to charge for it. Don't get me wrong I get the concept is making money because you're one of the few people that can do something like that, but specifically talking about phones here and not everything else in the world, wouldn't you want to help people to help themselves by making videos and walkthroughs and releasing the information needed to fix these phones…it just seems like the right thing to do. If I had the ability and the available information to do something to help this community, I wouldn't even hesitate.
    Hi JJ0523 - I have a set of files I found using information someone posted about this method over a year ago. These files were for Nougat, and seem to include all the files that you show in the video. The stock bootloader either requires a token of some kind to get it to accept or just does not accept fastboot oem reboot-download. Do you know if he flashed a different bootloader onto your device before he did that command? I am happy to try to work on this, and once I have my new device, I would even be willing to risk trying to flash some of the stuff I have to see if we can figure out how this works. I have a Mi Mix 2s that is slithering it's happy behind here from Hong Kong at water snake speeds. Once I have that, my VZW Pixel XL (with unlocked BL) can be sacrificed to see if I can help with this problem.
    My solution was send it to RMA....no other solution found :(