• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Pixel XL System image

Search This thread

LlabTooFeR

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2007
llabtoofer.com
Hello guys,

I know that many of you have been waiting for system dumps/images for Pixel XL.
Download below you can find system images for this phone:

ro.build.description=marlin-user 7.1 NDE63H 3256426 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=google/marlin/marlin:7.1/NDE63H/3256426:user/release-keys
ro.build.version.release=7.1
ro.build.version.security_patch=2016-10-05
ro.build.tags=release-keys

Download

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
whats the point of having the system images if the phones not even out yet...?
As you can see in the quote below from Llabtoofer's site-
QUOTE:
"Please make a note that these images are for Developers only, you cannot install them on any existing devices."

What's the point in commenting, if you are not a developer and/or don't know what these files can be used for?
There are always uses for pre-released files and system dumps.
Whether for digging through files to see what's included, what features lie within, etc,...or for simply porting the software or bits and pieces of the software to "other" devices.
Those are just two very obvious reasons why the files would be of interest to developers.
This is XDA! There is always a point in having new software... :good:

Imotep95

Sep 14, 2012
Belgrade
Hmm, looks like bootloader related stuff goes through htc? Just pulled this from Pixel XL dump.
Untitled2.jpg

cmason37

May 31, 2012
Woodbridge
Because that site is bare bones html and no one has ever heard of it for also it says by rom and creator but never head of them. also no official images released by google so it is un official images. unless otherwise proven wrong.

id run virus scans on it just in case too.

Official builds are always signed with Google release keys so if it was unofficial, I'm pretty sure someone would've noticed already.

Sent from my Motorola Moto E using XDA Labs

pmterp

Jul 25, 2010
Northwest Georgia
Hmm, looks like bootloader related stuff goes through htc? Just pulled this from Pixel XL dump.

Found this bit in there too:
Code:
res/values/strings.xml:    <string name="oem_unlock_enable">OEM unlocking</string>
res/values/strings.xml:    <string name="confirm_enable_oem_unlock_title">Allow OEM unlocking?</string>

res/values-en-rGB/strings.xml:    <string name="oem_unlock_enable_summary">Allow the bootloader to be unlocked</string>
res/values-en-rGB/strings.xml:    <string name="oem_unlock_enable_disabled_summary_bootloader_unlocked">Bootloader is already unlocked</string>

Reactions: Imotep95

HD2Owner

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Neuhausen am Rheinfall
Because that site is bare bones html and no one has ever heard of it for also it says by rom and creator but never head of them. also no official images released by google so it is un official images. unless otherwise proven wrong.
id run virus scans on it just in case too.

you are well informed about the xda-scene. LOL :laugh:

anyways... i found some new live wallpapers but i couldn't get them working so far on the htc10 with android6.
they are located in system/app/WallpapersBReel.
the package system/app/WallpapersUsTwo is for sure related to it.
i also added system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker to try..

no luck so far. i can select some of the live-backgrounds even if there is a FC on the WallpapersUsTwo apk.
but the background won't show (black background).
the live earth-wallpaper doesn't even show up in the picker (the most interesting one).
i attached a preview pic of the earth live wallpaper.

maybe someone else can also dig into it and see what else is missing..

Attachments

• earth_preview.jpg
    earth_preview.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,097
Last edited:

techdude18

May 25, 2016
instide the universe
as you can see in the quote below from llabtoofer's site-
quote:
"please make a note that these images are for developers only, you cannot install them on any existing devices."

what's the point in commenting, if you are not a developer and/or don't know what these files can be used for?
Whether for digging through files to see what's included, what features lie within, etc,...or for simply porting the software or bits and pieces of the software to "other" devices.
Those are just two very obvious reasons why the files would be of interest to developers.
This is xda! There is always a point in having new software... :good:
ohhhhhhhh he got rekt m8

Gizmoe

Sep 6, 2011
Spokane Valley
I would wait for official images these don't seem to be official images.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

If this is true we all know HTC wants people to have unlocked bootloaders so we most likely will get root and official factory images, will just take patience for google to release or htc

Google confirmed the versions bought on Google store will have unlockable bootloader's. Verizon is the only ones that are not unlockable. It was live streamed on CNET. HTC doesn't have a say in either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    whats the point of having the system images if the phones not even out yet...?
    As you can see in the quote below from Llabtoofer's site-
    QUOTE:
    "Please make a note that these images are for Developers only, you cannot install them on any existing devices."

What's the point in commenting, if you are not a developer and/or don't know what these files can be used for?
    This is XDA! There is always a point in having new software... :good:
    Hello guys,

I know that many of you have been waiting for system dumps/images for Pixel XL.
    Download below you can find system images for this phone:

ro.build.description=marlin-user 7.1 NDE63H 3256426 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=google/marlin/marlin:7.1/NDE63H/3256426:user/release-keys
    ro.build.version.release=7.1
    ro.build.version.security_patch=2016-10-05
    ro.build.tags=release-keys

Download
    Very nice.
    Thank you for sharing, as always. ;)
    Untitled2.jpg
    Moderator Information,

Thread has been cleaned. Flaming users is not acceptable.