• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Pixel XL System image

Search This thread

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Does anyone know what the difference is between H, L and P images?

Verizon, Google and Europe maybe?

I'm on L and purchased my Marlin from Google.

Btw, the path does not include Nexus if you get to it from a Google search (at least, not anymore):
https://developers.google.com/android/images

Oh, and being new to Google phones...
If I soft brick my phone and want to restore to stock, do I just boot to the bootloader, connect phone to my computer and then execute the flash-all.bat?

I don't need to right now. Just want to make sure I know how before I break too many things.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

This link suggests all three images are for the same phone but are just, one is newer than the other.
http://www.androidauthority.com/pixel-pixel-xl-factory-images-ota-files-723691/

Which is what I would have suspected.
I guess I incorrectly assumed my phone would have told me there was an update available and it did not, so I never checked or got that newest update.

I don't spend much time on stock images and have no need for OTA's.
Can't wait for a Dirty Unicorns or Broken OS to drop for us.

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
I guess I incorrectly assumed my phone would have told me there was an update available and it did not, so I never checked or got that newest update.

Actually with Pixel, it automatically applies OTA's unless you explicitly shut it off in Developer options. So in theory you wont get a notification.

Reactions: CZ Eddie

TechBSwift

Jul 14, 2010
Does anyone know what the difference is between H, L and P images?

Verizon, Google and Europe maybe?

I'm on L and purchased my Marlin from Google.

Btw, the path does not include Nexus if you get to it from a Google search (at least, not anymore):
https://developers.google.com/android/images

Oh, and being new to Google phones...
If I soft brick my phone and want to restore to stock, do I just boot to the bootloader, connect phone to my computer and then execute the flash-all.bat?

I don't need to right now. Just want to make sure I know how before I break too many things.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

This link suggests all three images are for the same phone but are just, one is newer than the other.
http://www.androidauthority.com/pixel-pixel-xl-factory-images-ota-files-723691/

I don't spend much time on stock images and have no need for OTA's.
Can't wait for a Dirty Unicorns or Broken OS to drop for us.

What this guy said.. Who's knows what the different versions correspond to?

jjayzx

Apr 14, 2011
Hmm, looks like bootloader related stuff goes through htc? Just pulled this from Pixel XL dump.
Untitled2.jpg

I've been trying to unpack the boot.img, how did you do it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    whats the point of having the system images if the phones not even out yet...?
    As you can see in the quote below from Llabtoofer's site-
    QUOTE:
    "Please make a note that these images are for Developers only, you cannot install them on any existing devices."

What's the point in commenting, if you are not a developer and/or don't know what these files can be used for?
    There are always uses for pre-released files and system dumps.
    Whether for digging through files to see what's included, what features lie within, etc,...or for simply porting the software or bits and pieces of the software to "other" devices.
    Those are just two very obvious reasons why the files would be of interest to developers.
    This is XDA! There is always a point in having new software... :good:
    Hello guys,

I know that many of you have been waiting for system dumps/images for Pixel XL.
    Download below you can find system images for this phone:

ro.build.description=marlin-user 7.1 NDE63H 3256426 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=google/marlin/marlin:7.1/NDE63H/3256426:user/release-keys
    ro.build.version.release=7.1
    ro.build.version.security_patch=2016-10-05
    ro.build.tags=release-keys

Download
    Very nice.
    Thank you for sharing, as always. ;)
    Hmm, looks like bootloader related stuff goes through htc? Just pulled this from Pixel XL dump.
    Untitled2.jpg
    Moderator Information,

Thread has been cleaned. Flaming users is not acceptable.