• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Pixel XL System image

Search This thread

old_fart

Dec 8, 2011
it never rains here
@oldfart, Thanks for the link.

Still some confusion. Does NDE63X imply this is a Verizon OEM device, not a Google Play Store device?

I bought the phone from Google Play store, and replaced under warranty via Google for a Pwr button malfunction.
My guess is that the phone understand you're on the Verizon's services and then it gives you the 'X' version because of that.
I am not running on Verizon and so it knows that I only need to get update 'V' to get all the latest patches and fixes.
hth.
What will it do in a dozen days, ie. December's patch ?

oF2pks

May 22, 2016

Attachments

• mate9.png
    mate9.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 423

cmason37

May 31, 2012
Woodbridge
Apparently Huawei already moved to 4.1.18 and f2fs on expensive Mate9; I believed Google was uphill/seeder for kernel (?) : https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common/
Is there any future known kernel upgrade for Pixel ?

I hear Qualcomm devices are basically locked to 3.x until they update the out of tree kernel driver code. Even when (if?) that happens, I doubt Google would go through the trouble of updating the kernel to 4.x, just seems like something Google wouldn't bother doing if Chromebooks are any indication. (They are full blown PCs supported in mainline but they still never get major kernel updates. That's why some Chromebooks won't get Google Play; kernel's too old.)

Sent from my Motorola Moto E using XDA Labs

Reactions: oF2pks

matteosaeed

Oct 3, 2012
NY
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I hear Qualcomm devices are basically locked to 3.x until they update the out of tree kernel driver code. Even when (if?) that happens, I doubt Google would go through the trouble of updating the kernel to 4.x, just seems like something Google wouldn't bother doing if Chromebooks are any indication. (They are full blown PCs supported in mainline but they still never get major kernel updates. That's why some Chromebooks won't get Google Play; kernel's too old.)
I have google play on my chromebook asus r11, I am using the xda app now from the chromebook to reply back to you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    whats the point of having the system images if the phones not even out yet...?
    As you can see in the quote below from Llabtoofer's site-
    QUOTE:
    "Please make a note that these images are for Developers only, you cannot install them on any existing devices."

What's the point in commenting, if you are not a developer and/or don't know what these files can be used for?
    There are always uses for pre-released files and system dumps.
    Whether for digging through files to see what's included, what features lie within, etc,...or for simply porting the software or bits and pieces of the software to "other" devices.
    Those are just two very obvious reasons why the files would be of interest to developers.
    This is XDA! There is always a point in having new software... :good:
    Hello guys,

I know that many of you have been waiting for system dumps/images for Pixel XL.
    Download below you can find system images for this phone:

ro.build.description=marlin-user 7.1 NDE63H 3256426 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=google/marlin/marlin:7.1/NDE63H/3256426:user/release-keys
    ro.build.version.release=7.1
    ro.build.version.security_patch=2016-10-05
    ro.build.tags=release-keys

Download
    Very nice.
    Thank you for sharing, as always. ;)
    Hmm, looks like bootloader related stuff goes through htc? Just pulled this from Pixel XL dump.
    Untitled2.jpg
    Moderator Information,

Thread has been cleaned. Flaming users is not acceptable.