pixel xl wont turn on

Search This thread

ckidmcd

Oct 31, 2019
So after doing some searching I could not find an answer.

A few weeks ago my Pixel XL shutoff as the battery was low. I plugged it in for the night and didnt look at it agin untill the morning. After being charged all night the phone would not respond. No load screen, no vibration (might have one time), nothing.

Holding down the power and volume down buttons does nothing with the screen but does cycle the phone being seen by the computer when connected via usb.

Phone had updated to Android 10, testing has shown battery is good and accepts a charge, and another screen was tried but still no change.

What are my options?

Last edited:

semada

Jan 31, 2015
Montreal

A few weeks ago my Pixel XL shutoff as the battery was low. I plugged it in for the night and didnt look at it agin untill the morning. After being charged all night the phone would not respond. No load screen, no vibration (might have one time), nothing.

Holding down the power and volume down buttons does nothing with the screen but does cycle the phone being seen by the computer when connected via usb.

Phone had updated to Android 10, testing has shown battery is good and accepts a charge, and another screen was tried but still no change.

What are my options?

I know this old but for some reason the 128gb models seem to be corrupting the internal storage and making essentially useless without very specific files that Google doesn't provide.

mamarcac

Sep 29, 2016

What are my options?

My OG Pixel XL randomly died in the middle of the day, >50% battery left. Wouldn't turn on. What I did was hold the power button for a reeeeeeeeally long time -- it felt like it was close to a full minute. And it booted up like normal...so maybe give that a try.