PixelExperience 13 Beta (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover+)

Search This thread

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
Latest rom PixelExperience_clover-13.0-20221110-2311-UNOFFICIAL.zip :
- Android 13.0.0_r13
- November security patch
- 4.19 Nyx Kernel
- OSS cam HAL
- Migrate to Xiaomi power AIDL HAL and common sdm660 powerhint
- Build QTI thermal HAL
Download

Installation instructions :
- Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
- Use latest 4.19 TWRP created by pix106: (TWRP)
- Perform clean install from TWRP (factory reset, format data and wipe system)
- Flash ROM

What's working:
- All hardware
- Safetynet pass / device certified

What's not working:
Let me know.

Source : https://github.com/PixelExperience
Kernel : clover
Device tree : sdm660

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220914-093332.png
    Screenshot_20220914-093332.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 619
  • Screenshot_20220914-092631.png
    Screenshot_20220914-092631.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 625
  • Screenshot_20220914-092802.png
    Screenshot_20220914-092802.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 563
  • Screenshot_20220914-092735.png
    Screenshot_20220914-092735.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:

rerbin

Mar 24, 2009
ShangHai
Initial rom PixelExperience_clover-13.0-BETA-20220913-1445-UNOFFICIAL.zip :
- Android 13.0.0_r4
- September security patch
- 4.19 Nyx Kernel

Download

- Perform clean install from twrp (factory reset, format data and wipe system)
- Flash ROM.

What's working:
- All hardware

What's not working:
Let me know.

We can't use Google services in China. Can you provide a version without Google services?
Thanks

Mcmug88

Aug 13, 2022
As Ralph Chen have mentioned above, does it mean this can only be used for Mipad 4 Plus?
Mipad 4 would not be able to upgrade to Android 13?

Ralph Chen

Jul 2, 2020
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Mi 11

Mcmug88

Aug 13, 2022
Clean install? One user test it with mi pad 4 non plus...it's running ok.
Hi Sabar, Tried to Flash 13 normally but it always reboot into TWRP. Tried flashing 13 together with Clover Kernel-Nyx-20220726 on my Mipad 4 wifi and it's fine. Not sure why.

However find the App Grid missing. No where to be found when I goes to the Wallpaper & Style setting. Can you help?

andyyy1

Oct 26, 2019
The ROM seems to work quite well. However, some of my former moded Apps crashing right after start. I suppose they are not compatible with A13.

Perform clean install from twrp (format data and wipe system) and Flash ROM.
restart but system stop at wifi page, I connected wifi but didn't display next step button.
then I return twrp prepare reinstall, but couldn't format data and wipe system. Before flashing, my system was lineage-19.1-20220812-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. Is it because I did not make factory settings?
Is it possible to roll back to lineage-19.1 after flashing?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 96

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
Perform clean install from twrp (format data and wipe system) and Flash ROM.
restart but system stop at wifi page, I connected wifi but didn't display next step button.
then I return twrp prepare reinstall, but couldn't format data and wipe system. Before flashing, my system was lineage-19.1-20220812-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. Is it because I did not make factory settings?
Is it possible to roll back to lineage-19.1 after flashing?

Did you use twrp 4.19?

Reactions: senseii

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest rom, see 1st post for both Mi Pad 4 and Mi Pad 4 Plus.
    Hi sabar, I saw on your sourcecode repo a final version 20221031 that it is not the one on the first post, is it the one for Mi Pad 4 8" you mentioned? Thank you in advance.

Yes
    Hello Sabar,

Sorry for bothering you again. I've just updated to the last rom and it seems that the version 20221111-0208 is for mi pad 4 plus (10'), is the version 20221110-2311 for mi pad 4 (8')? Thank you again in advance.

There should be 2 version of latest PE rom in my sf...clover and clover+. Clover is for mi pad 4 while clover+ is for mi pad 4 plus.
    I just installed this ROM - had no issues whatsoever during installation. But I have a very weird problem now. There's a icon dock bar from the default launcher clipping through most of my apps, even through Nova launcher itself. See attached screenshots. I've tried to change the display size setting or turn on / off button navigation, but it didn't help. Very weird, any suggestions?

Thanks for this awesome ROM!

Screenshot_20221117-132333_Settings Services.png Screenshot_20221117-132341_Pixel Launcher.png Screenshot_20221117-134050_Chrome.png
    Hi, is it possible to update from Lineage 19.1 using Lineage Recovery "Apply Update" option?
    There are many changes. I would think you need to do a clean install from TWRP. And as discussed above install the latest TWRP for 4.19 kernels using Fastboot and a computer.
    Latest rom PixelExperience_clover-13.0-20221110-2311-UNOFFICIAL.zip :
    - Android 13.0.0_r13
    - November security patch
    - 4.19 Nyx Kernel
    - OSS cam HAL
    - Migrate to Xiaomi power AIDL HAL and common sdm660 powerhint
    - Build QTI thermal HAL
    Download

- Use latest 4.19 TWRP created by pix106: (TWRP)
    - Perform clean install from TWRP (factory reset, format data and wipe system)
    - Flash ROM

What's working:
    - All hardware

What's not working:
    Let me know.

Fingerprint Registration does not work for my Mipad4+ (stops after several touches)
    Same here. Finger print enrollment doesn't work. Using clover+
    Aside from that and some screen transition artefacts, this ROM rocks

Hmmm...Thanks to confirm it...I will check it...
    aside from the FP registration error, i just noticed the improvement on the audio on this initial android 13 build. Tried it on wired, bluetooth, and bulit in speakers. I dont know what's changed but it really sounds great.

The FP will be fixed on next build.
    I have switched over from LineageOS

Just for those reading this thread and wondering.

I did a clean install and did not restore anything. I then spent an hour in Playstore adding back all my most used apps and logging into accounts. So an absolutely clean install. I also used Fastboot to install twrp-4.19-3.7.0_9-clover-20221007-0724 before installing this ROM. I also added the camera apk that sabar has posted for download. I do not use Magisk.

Autorotate works in all my apps, but not on the lock screen (as has been discussed). Not something I care about my lockscreen is just black. Playstore is certified. Netflix is installable and indeed runs fine. Netflix is in SD as is always the case but on an 8" screen SD looks good.

WiFi runs at the full speed of my Internet connection, so close to 100Mbps. My connection is via a 5Ghz channel. 4G LTE runs at about 50Mbps which is only limited by my reception. Bluetooth works and my Creative headphones default to aptX HD. I have a Bluetooth DAC for my HiFi and it connects via LDAC for the best bluetooth connection you can have. My wired headphone and microphone work as well.

Microphone works and I can run Duolingo without problems (something that I have not been able to do for a while).

I use external USB-C drives. They work. They also work via the Google Files app, which was not always the case. I have a 256GB microSD card inserted and set as external storage. It works fine.

GPS locks on quickly. No issues. Compass apps and SkyMap work as they should. Google Maps and maps.me work as they should.

I have a Google One account and the Google VPN is installed and running. I also have Avira anti malware installed - the free version.

I use Google Authenticator and was able to use the camera to read the QR codes from inside the app. Google Lens works and will capture an image and look for results.

All in all a very polished product this early on in development. Apart from a rotating lock screen I do not see much that needs fixing. Some have issues with the camera but mine works well enough with the apk file on the download page. For me the camera is only for using as a QR scanner, Google Translate and Google Lens and it will never get used for actual photography.

EDIT: Inware reports that root is hidden. Thus I do not see any problem with using banking apps if you wanted to do that.
    EDIT 2: I set screen size to maximum in the settings to make the screen look right and I played with the font size to get it "just right" for me.

Thanks for the review.
    Cam will be fixed on next build with oss cam HAL.
    Latest build will be for Mi Pad 4 8" as I see more user use 8" than 10".
    Latest rom, see 1st post for both Mi Pad 4 and Mi Pad 4 Plus.