PixelExperience 13 Beta (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover+)

Search This thread

loykeny

Jan 13, 2011
my wifi version cannot install, keep going to recovery, flash back to 12.1
could be the kernel issue

@rebaS95

Jun 11, 2021
just flashed PE13 11.11 update for Clover+.
everything looks good. However, it seems, the Gestures and Buttons, and Buttons only are gone. i'll just have to get used to Gestures for now. Hopefully it comes back in the next update. Thanks as always. Smooth ROM❤

@rebaS95

Jun 11, 2021
Hello everyone, if i have an older pe installed can I just flash the rom or i have to format data anyway? thanks
make sure you're on the correct Kernel and twrp version. refer to the instructions carefully. I also recommend removing your lockscreen before updating to twrp. and yes, Format data on Twrp.

rohit3192

Jul 26, 2011
just flashed PE13 11.11 update for Clover+.
everything looks good. However, it seems, the Gestures and Buttons, and Buttons only are gone. i'll just have to get used to Gestures for now. Hopefully it comes back in the next update. Thanks as always. Smooth ROM❤
buttons option in system > system navigation

BenjieLoria

Nov 10, 2015
Just to confirm, does anyone has a problem with Gestures suddenly stops working? Then have to tick enable/disable gestures for it to work again? Thank you.

Using Mi Pad 4 LTE.

Asuka123

Feb 7, 2018
I cant format data with the twrp of 4.19-3.7.0_9 and 3.6.0_9, anyone can help me ?
about:blank

rohit3192

Jul 26, 2011
Can you tell me what version should I use? Or give me a link,THX.
i have mi pad 4 plus version 10' screen. i am using twrp by pix106 (as attached). you can also try to "reboot to recovery" from twrp itself in case it does not mount data.
PS : also do following: wipe> advanced wipe> format data> type YES

Attachments

• twrp.img
    30.7 MB · Views: 29

Asuka123

Feb 7, 2018
i have mi pad 4 plus version 10' screen. i am using twrp by pix106 (as attached). you can also try to "reboot to recovery" from twrp itself in case it does not mount data.
PS : also do following: wipe> advanced wipe> format data> type YES
I solved this problem when i flashed the twrp of 4.19-3.7.0_9-20211113

Reactions: kuskro

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
Hello Sabar,

Sorry for bothering you again. I've just updated to the last rom and it seems that the version 20221111-0208 is for mi pad 4 plus (10'), is the version 20221110-2311 for mi pad 4 (8')? Thank you again in advance.

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
Hello Sabar,

Sorry for bothering you again. I've just updated to the last rom and it seems that the version 20221111-0208 is for mi pad 4 plus (10'), is the version 20221110-2311 for mi pad 4 (8')? Thank you again in advance.

There should be 2 version of latest PE rom in my sf...clover and clover+. Clover is for mi pad 4 while clover+ is for mi pad 4 plus.

Reactions: senseii and kuskro

don.peugot

Sep 19, 2012
I just installed this ROM - had no issues whatsoever during installation. But I have a very weird problem now. There's a icon dock bar from the default launcher clipping through most of my apps, even through Nova launcher itself. See attached screenshots. I've tried to change the display size setting or turn on / off button navigation, but it didn't help. Very weird, any suggestions?

Thanks for this awesome ROM!

Screenshot_20221117-132333_Settings Services.png Screenshot_20221117-132341_Pixel Launcher.png Screenshot_20221117-134050_Chrome.png

Reactions: andia78 and MadsBen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest update, see 1st post.
    Note : need to change dpi to 596 dpi to get launcher works.
    Thank you for mentioning this. But it did not help with me. I tried all kinds of dpi settings, as well as the suggested 596 dpi at first. Then I played around with the settings you suggested. Bigger, smaller made no difference in behaviour of pixellauncher. It frequently crashes. And even when it stopped, a few seconds later there's again a popup where it says that launcher stopped working.

For the next time, I'll stay with the last version from December. This one works good and since I'm using Nova launcher, I can live with the misaligned Status bar icons and search bar from pixel launcher.
    The older version some time gives me System UI issue... And corrupt the system. I could not take it anymore.. then the below steps and it work. But I follow by using the recommended TWRP to flash. Maybe you want too try it?

1. Setup the previous version and logged into the desktop.
    2. Make sure the Display Size is correct at 3rd level/ in the middle.
    3. Flash the latest version
    Just flashed the latest PE, Launcher stopped at setup page, and when finishing the setup, it gave me black home screen, and launcher stop working pop up.

will try the late 2022 version, and report back

UPDATE: the late 2022 works great except I have the same icon overlay problem as @don.peugot, other works great so far

I flashed this version:
    PixelExperience_clover+-13.0-20221111-0208-UNOFFICIAL.zip

UPDATE2: I successfully solveed the icon overlay problem by install the magisk-pe-taskbar-fix module via Magisk (PS, Only installing the magisk in the TWRP can give it root access)
    Great news.
    If you don't mind, would you please explain how to install Magisk? I am starting to think that my inability to format data is related to TWRP losing its root access.

I am trying to revert back to PixelExperience_clover+-13.0-20221111-0208-UNOFFICIAL.zip without any luck so far.

I ran it for a while with one problem: the UI and many apps are always crashing.
    I had no problem to flash the PE ROM

As for the Magisk, I downloaded the latest magisk apk from their website, then changed the file format to .zip, and copied it to my MiPad4Plus

I then rebooted to the recovery, TWRP, installed the magisk.zip, I also did a cache clean, not sure if this helps.

I then rebooted into android, then tapped the magisk that just installed, it gave the update papup stating something like "this is not the lastest blah blah, will update blah blah", I then tapped yes.

After few seconds, magisk finished the update, I install the overlay fix over the module function in magisk

Hope this helps
    Latest rom PixelExperience_clover-13.0-20221110-2311-UNOFFICIAL.zip :
    - Android 13.0.0_r23
    - January security patch
    - 4.19 Nyx Kernel
    - OSS cam HAL
    - Migrate to Xiaomi power AIDL HAL and common sdm660 powerhint

Download

Installation instructions :
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Use latest 4.19 TWRP created by pix106: (TWRP)
    - Perform clean install from TWRP (factory reset, format data and wipe system)
    - Flash ROM

What's working:
    - All hardware
    - Safetynet pass / device certified

What's not working:
    Let me know.

Source : https://github.com/PixelExperience
    Kernel : clover
    Device tree : sdm660
    Fingerprint Registration does not work for my Mipad4+ (stops after several touches)
    Same here. Finger print enrollment doesn't work. Using clover+
    Aside from that and some screen transition artefacts, this ROM rocks

Hmmm...Thanks to confirm it...I will check it...
    aside from the FP registration error, i just noticed the improvement on the audio on this initial android 13 build. Tried it on wired, bluetooth, and bulit in speakers. I dont know what's changed but it really sounds great.

The FP will be fixed on next build.
    I have switched over from LineageOS

Just for those reading this thread and wondering.

I did a clean install and did not restore anything. I then spent an hour in Playstore adding back all my most used apps and logging into accounts. So an absolutely clean install. I also used Fastboot to install twrp-4.19-3.7.0_9-clover-20221007-0724 before installing this ROM. I also added the camera apk that sabar has posted for download. I do not use Magisk.

Autorotate works in all my apps, but not on the lock screen (as has been discussed). Not something I care about my lockscreen is just black. Playstore is certified. Netflix is installable and indeed runs fine. Netflix is in SD as is always the case but on an 8" screen SD looks good.

WiFi runs at the full speed of my Internet connection, so close to 100Mbps. My connection is via a 5Ghz channel. 4G LTE runs at about 50Mbps which is only limited by my reception. Bluetooth works and my Creative headphones default to aptX HD. I have a Bluetooth DAC for my HiFi and it connects via LDAC for the best bluetooth connection you can have. My wired headphone and microphone work as well.

Microphone works and I can run Duolingo without problems (something that I have not been able to do for a while).

I use external USB-C drives. They work. They also work via the Google Files app, which was not always the case. I have a 256GB microSD card inserted and set as external storage. It works fine.

GPS locks on quickly. No issues. Compass apps and SkyMap work as they should. Google Maps and maps.me work as they should.

I have a Google One account and the Google VPN is installed and running. I also have Avira anti malware installed - the free version.

I use Google Authenticator and was able to use the camera to read the QR codes from inside the app. Google Lens works and will capture an image and look for results.

All in all a very polished product this early on in development. Apart from a rotating lock screen I do not see much that needs fixing. Some have issues with the camera but mine works well enough with the apk file on the download page. For me the camera is only for using as a QR scanner, Google Translate and Google Lens and it will never get used for actual photography.

EDIT: Inware reports that root is hidden. Thus I do not see any problem with using banking apps if you wanted to do that.
    EDIT 2: I set screen size to maximum in the settings to make the screen look right and I played with the font size to get it "just right" for me.

Thanks for the review.
    Cam will be fixed on next build with oss cam HAL.
    Latest build will be for Mi Pad 4 8" as I see more user use 8" than 10".
    Latest rom, see 1st post for both Mi Pad 4 and Mi Pad 4 Plus.