PixelExperience 13 Beta (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover+)

Search This thread

HJMB02

Aug 29, 2017
Hi Sabar,

Thanks for the rom could you please fix the app drawer showing the installed apps only in the lower half of the screen?

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
I just installed this ROM - had no issues whatsoever during installation. But I have a very weird problem now. There's a icon dock bar from the default launcher clipping through most of my apps, even through Nova launcher itself. See attached screenshots. I've tried to change the display size setting or turn on / off button navigation, but it didn't help. Very weird, any suggestions?

Thanks for this awesome ROM!

View attachment 5763763 View attachment 5763761 View attachment 5763765
I have moved to Lineage but with older versions of this ROM going into settings -> display and changing display size to the largest setting fixed that issue for me on my 8" MiPad.

There are two ROMs now one clover and one clover+ <- it is a very subtle name difference

The other thing is to use Developer settings to play with DPI

I haven't switched to PE 13 yet but wanted to know if this Magisk Module would work, to disable that taskbar. Someone can test. Better than changing the display size or DPI.

Reactions: don.peugot

don.peugot

Sep 19, 2012
I have moved to Lineage but with older versions of this ROM going into settings -> display and changing display size to the largest setting fixed that issue for me on my 8" MiPad.

There are two ROMs now one clover and one clover+ <- it is a very subtle name difference

The other thing is to use Developer settings to play with DPI
Thanks. I have tried all of the above - max and min screen size, even setting it to ridiculous values in dev options - no change. I have the 10" tablet and have made sure to flash the clover+ file.

I haven't switched to PE 13 yet but wanted to know if this Magisk Module would work, to disable that taskbar. Someone can test. Better than changing the display size or DPI.

Thank you. I was not aware that this task bar is actually a feature - I thought it was simply a weird glitch. I am currently travelling and do not have access to my PC/ABD and am not rooted yet. Will do so in approximately a week. If any other user would like to try this module it would be appreciated.

@ everyone else facing the same issue: If you long-press the weird bar on an empty space it will transform into the regular "swipe indicator bar", which looks much more reasonable. It switches back to the weird task bar from time to time though. At least this is a temporary solution until a more permanent fix is found.

rohit3192

Jul 26, 2011
I just installed this ROM - had no issues whatsoever during installation. But I have a very weird problem now. There's a icon dock bar from the default launcher clipping through most of my apps, even through Nova launcher itself. See attached screenshots. I've tried to change the display size setting or turn on / off button navigation, but it didn't help. Very weird, any suggestions?

same for me

rohit3192

Jul 26, 2011
i have installed PE latest on clover + . I shut down the tab but now when i power on, it is rebooting to twrp. any suggestions welcome.

rohit3192

Jul 26, 2011
I had that issue about a month ago and in the end I had to wipe Data and set it up all over. But it worked.
i had clean install including format data. this does not happen at every reboot from power off state. once in a while. reading posts of other device users it seems that it is related to twrp.
now using LOS with latest twrp, lets see if that problem resurface in this rom.

Reactions: GregEden

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
i had clean install including format data. this does not happen at every reboot from power off state. once in a while. reading posts of other device users it seems that it is related to twrp.
now using LOS with latest twrp, lets see if that problem resurface in this rom.
Make sure you reboot your tablet just after "format data" and then install P13. If you install the rom just after "format data" without rebooting first, you can lost all your data or being in a loop around TWRP.

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009

It is part of Pixel Launcher stuff, try to find the way to remove via settings all these icons for the recent apps and then install another good Launcher like Nova 7

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Thanks. I have tried all of the above - max and min screen size, even setting it to ridiculous values in dev options - no change. I have the 10" tablet and have made sure to flash the clover+ file.

Thank you. I was not aware that this task bar is actually a feature - I thought it was simply a weird glitch. I am currently travelling and do not have access to my PC/ABD and am not rooted yet. Will do so in approximately a week. If any other user would like to try this module it would be appreciated.

@ everyone else facing the same issue: If you long-press the weird bar on an empty space it will transform into the regular "swipe indicator bar", which looks much more reasonable. It switches back to the weird task bar from time to time though. At least this is a temporary solution until a more permanent fix is found.
It seems to me that you would be better served using sabar's other ROM. There is not that much difference between Pixel Experience and Lineage - apart from the launcher.

Mcmug88

Aug 13, 2022
Hi,

For any new updates for this Pixel ROM, do we need to reinstall whatever Apps that we have installed? Anyway to keep them as it is?

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Hi,

For any new updates for this Pixel ROM, do we need to reinstall whatever Apps that we have installed? Anyway to keep them as it is?
Once you have a good working version of this ROM you just need to do a monthly dirty flash and all your apps will stay where they are and all your data will remain. It becomes no more difficult than updating your phone. You can do a backup if you wish to be certain but hopefully you will never need it.

Mcmug88

Aug 13, 2022
Once you have a good working version of this ROM you just need to do a monthly dirty flash and all your apps will stay where they are and all your data will remain. It becomes no more difficult than updating your phone. You can do a backup if you wish to be certain but hopefully you will never need it.
Hi Greg,

How do you do "dirty flash"? How I did previously was just to wipe everything and reinstall the new updates from Sabarop. thereafter have to reinstall apps that i am using and find it very cumbersome.

Please advice.

regards,

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Hi Greg,

How do you do "dirty flash"? How I did previously was just to wipe everything and reinstall the new updates from Sabarop. thereafter have to reinstall apps that i am using and find it very cumbersome.

Please advice.

regards,
Simple. Do not wipe anything. Restart in TWRP and write the new version. When finished there are two options Wipe Cache and Restart. Wipe Cache which will take a second then restart.
NOTE: this only works when you are doing monthly updates, not when you go up whole versions like Android 12 to 13.

Mcmug88

Aug 13, 2022
Simple. Do not wipe anything. Restart in TWRP and write the new version. When finished there are two options Wipe Cache and Restart. Wipe Cache which will take a second then restart.
NOTE: this only works when you are doing monthly updates, not when you go up whole versions like Android 12 to 13.
I restarted in TWRP and only select Install but it seems "error opening" file path.

can help to advice? Else i may have to do complete wipe again.

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
I restarted in TWRP and only select Install but it seems "error opening" file path.

can help to advice? Else i may have to do complete wipe again.
I just put the latest ROM on the SD card and in TWRP when you go to Install there is an option to select storage so I select the SD card. It has always worked.
Also you might have a corrupt downloaded zip file.

Mcmug88

Aug 13, 2022
I just put the latest ROM on the SD card and in TWRP when you go to Install there is an option to select storage so I select the SD card. It has always worked.
Also you might have a corrupt downloaded zip file.
Hi Greg,

Thanks. Yes I did that but somehow it got stucked. So I revert back to old versions for now.
Maybe you are right its due to corrupted files.

WIll try again in next updates.

lobbos

Mar 13, 2011

I just installed the module "magisk-pe-taskbar-fix.zip" (from the GitHub releases page) and it works just fine. The taskbar finally has the correct height on my MiPad 4 8".

Thanks a lot for the link!

Reactions: Mattski

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest update, see 1st post.
    Note : need to change dpi to 596 dpi to get launcher works.
    Thank you for mentioning this. But it did not help with me. I tried all kinds of dpi settings, as well as the suggested 596 dpi at first. Then I played around with the settings you suggested. Bigger, smaller made no difference in behaviour of pixellauncher. It frequently crashes. And even when it stopped, a few seconds later there's again a popup where it says that launcher stopped working.

For the next time, I'll stay with the last version from December. This one works good and since I'm using Nova launcher, I can live with the misaligned Status bar icons and search bar from pixel launcher.
    The older version some time gives me System UI issue... And corrupt the system. I could not take it anymore.. then the below steps and it work. But I follow by using the recommended TWRP to flash. Maybe you want too try it?

1. Setup the previous version and logged into the desktop.
    2. Make sure the Display Size is correct at 3rd level/ in the middle.
    3. Flash the latest version
    Just flashed the latest PE, Launcher stopped at setup page, and when finishing the setup, it gave me black home screen, and launcher stop working pop up.

will try the late 2022 version, and report back

UPDATE: the late 2022 works great except I have the same icon overlay problem as @don.peugot, other works great so far

I flashed this version:
    PixelExperience_clover+-13.0-20221111-0208-UNOFFICIAL.zip

UPDATE2: I successfully solveed the icon overlay problem by install the magisk-pe-taskbar-fix module via Magisk (PS, Only installing the magisk in the TWRP can give it root access)
    Great news.
    If you don't mind, would you please explain how to install Magisk? I am starting to think that my inability to format data is related to TWRP losing its root access.

I am trying to revert back to PixelExperience_clover+-13.0-20221111-0208-UNOFFICIAL.zip without any luck so far.

I ran it for a while with one problem: the UI and many apps are always crashing.
    I had no problem to flash the PE ROM

As for the Magisk, I downloaded the latest magisk apk from their website, then changed the file format to .zip, and copied it to my MiPad4Plus

I then rebooted to the recovery, TWRP, installed the magisk.zip, I also did a cache clean, not sure if this helps.

I then rebooted into android, then tapped the magisk that just installed, it gave the update papup stating something like "this is not the lastest blah blah, will update blah blah", I then tapped yes.

After few seconds, magisk finished the update, I install the overlay fix over the module function in magisk

Hope this helps
    Latest rom PixelExperience_clover-13.0-20221110-2311-UNOFFICIAL.zip :
    - Android 13.0.0_r23
    - January security patch
    - 4.19 Nyx Kernel
    - OSS cam HAL
    - Migrate to Xiaomi power AIDL HAL and common sdm660 powerhint

Download

Installation instructions :
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Use latest 4.19 TWRP created by pix106: (TWRP)
    - Perform clean install from TWRP (factory reset, format data and wipe system)
    - Flash ROM

What's working:
    - All hardware
    - Safetynet pass / device certified

What's not working:
    Let me know.

Source : https://github.com/PixelExperience
    Kernel : clover
    Device tree : sdm660
    Fingerprint Registration does not work for my Mipad4+ (stops after several touches)
    Same here. Finger print enrollment doesn't work. Using clover+
    Aside from that and some screen transition artefacts, this ROM rocks

Hmmm...Thanks to confirm it...I will check it...
    aside from the FP registration error, i just noticed the improvement on the audio on this initial android 13 build. Tried it on wired, bluetooth, and bulit in speakers. I dont know what's changed but it really sounds great.

The FP will be fixed on next build.
    I have switched over from LineageOS

Just for those reading this thread and wondering.

I did a clean install and did not restore anything. I then spent an hour in Playstore adding back all my most used apps and logging into accounts. So an absolutely clean install. I also used Fastboot to install twrp-4.19-3.7.0_9-clover-20221007-0724 before installing this ROM. I also added the camera apk that sabar has posted for download. I do not use Magisk.

Autorotate works in all my apps, but not on the lock screen (as has been discussed). Not something I care about my lockscreen is just black. Playstore is certified. Netflix is installable and indeed runs fine. Netflix is in SD as is always the case but on an 8" screen SD looks good.

WiFi runs at the full speed of my Internet connection, so close to 100Mbps. My connection is via a 5Ghz channel. 4G LTE runs at about 50Mbps which is only limited by my reception. Bluetooth works and my Creative headphones default to aptX HD. I have a Bluetooth DAC for my HiFi and it connects via LDAC for the best bluetooth connection you can have. My wired headphone and microphone work as well.

Microphone works and I can run Duolingo without problems (something that I have not been able to do for a while).

I use external USB-C drives. They work. They also work via the Google Files app, which was not always the case. I have a 256GB microSD card inserted and set as external storage. It works fine.

GPS locks on quickly. No issues. Compass apps and SkyMap work as they should. Google Maps and maps.me work as they should.

I have a Google One account and the Google VPN is installed and running. I also have Avira anti malware installed - the free version.

I use Google Authenticator and was able to use the camera to read the QR codes from inside the app. Google Lens works and will capture an image and look for results.

All in all a very polished product this early on in development. Apart from a rotating lock screen I do not see much that needs fixing. Some have issues with the camera but mine works well enough with the apk file on the download page. For me the camera is only for using as a QR scanner, Google Translate and Google Lens and it will never get used for actual photography.

EDIT: Inware reports that root is hidden. Thus I do not see any problem with using banking apps if you wanted to do that.
    EDIT 2: I set screen size to maximum in the settings to make the screen look right and I played with the font size to get it "just right" for me.

Thanks for the review.
    Cam will be fixed on next build with oss cam HAL.
    Latest build will be for Mi Pad 4 8" as I see more user use 8" than 10".
    Latest rom, see 1st post for both Mi Pad 4 and Mi Pad 4 Plus.