PixelExperience 13 Beta (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover+)

Search This thread

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
the values of the detected battery are wrong,the screen diagonal indicates 10 inches
Settings -> Display -> Display size and text -> I then set Display size to max on an 8" model. It seems the wrong thing but it makes all the writing and controls a good size.
But I am using the LineageOS version and have not used the Pixel Experience version for a while.

Reactions: Piccolo1

rohit3192

Jul 26, 2011
New update...see 1st post
reinstalled rom from scratch on mi pad 4 plus. the rotation function is working. seems something breaks this functionality but i do not know what, it may be other launcher or google update or something else. great work. many thanks otherwise this product was long dead before.

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
I have switched over from LineageOS

Just for those reading this thread and wondering.

I did a clean install and did not restore anything. I then spent an hour in Playstore adding back all my most used apps and logging into accounts. So an absolutely clean install. I also used Fastboot to install twrp-4.19-3.7.0_9-clover-20221007-0724 before installing this ROM. I also added the camera apk that sabar has posted for download. I do not use Magisk.

Autorotate works in all my apps, but not on the lock screen (as has been discussed). Not something I care about my lockscreen is just black. Playstore is certified. Netflix is installable and indeed runs fine. Netflix is in SD as is always the case but on an 8" screen SD looks good.

WiFi runs at the full speed of my Internet connection, so close to 100Mbps. My connection is via a 5Ghz channel. 4G LTE runs at about 50Mbps which is only limited by my reception. Bluetooth works and my Creative headphones default to aptX HD. I have a Bluetooth DAC for my HiFi and it connects via LDAC for the best bluetooth connection you can have. My wired headphone and microphone work as well.

Microphone works and I can run Duolingo without problems (something that I have not been able to do for a while).

I use external USB-C drives. They work. They also work via the Google Files app, which was not always the case. I have a 256GB microSD card inserted and set as external storage. It works fine.

GPS locks on quickly. No issues. Compass apps and SkyMap work as they should. Google Maps and maps.me work as they should.

I have a Google One account and the Google VPN is installed and running. I also have Avira anti malware installed - the free version.

I use Google Authenticator and was able to use the camera to read the QR codes from inside the app. Google Lens works and will capture an image and look for results.

All in all a very polished product this early on in development. Apart from a rotating lock screen I do not see much that needs fixing. Some have issues with the camera but mine works well enough with the apk file on the download page. For me the camera is only for using as a QR scanner, Google Translate and Google Lens and it will never get used for actual photography.

EDIT: Inware reports that root is hidden. Thus I do not see any problem with using banking apps if you wanted to do that.
EDIT 2: I set screen size to maximum in the settings to make the screen look right and I played with the font size to get it "just right" for me.

Last edited:

andybz

Jul 17, 2009
Hi i tried installing PE13 on mi pad 4 plus and after flashing in twrp when i reboot, it comes back to twrp straight away, i have tried above solution too that someone told to flash PE13 + NYX kernal still it reboot to twrp,

I was having real trouble with any newer ROMs also doing this on my non-plus 8-inch Mi Pad 4.

What worked for me was to download and flash the stock MIUI ROM from https://mifirmware.com/mi-pad-4-firmware/ and then finally flashing PixelExperience_clover-13.0-BETA-20220913-1445-UNOFFICIAL.zip worked.

Reactions: GregEden

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus

I did a clean install and did not restore anything. I then spent an hour in Playstore adding back all my most used apps and logging into accounts. So an absolutely clean install. I also used Fastboot to install twrp-4.19-3.7.0_9-clover-20221007-0724 before installing this ROM. I also added the camera apk that sabar has posted for download. I do not use Magisk.

Autorotate works in all my apps, but not on the lock screen (as has been discussed). Not something I care about my lockscreen is just black. Playstore is certified. Netflix is installable and indeed runs fine. Netflix is in SD as is always the case but on an 8" screen SD looks good.

WiFi runs at the full speed of my Internet connection, so close to 100Mbps. My connection is via a 5Ghz channel. 4G LTE runs at about 50Mbps which is only limited by my reception. Bluetooth works and my Creative headphones default to aptX HD. I have a Bluetooth DAC for my HiFi and it connects via LDAC for the best bluetooth connection you can have. My wired headphone and microphone work as well.

Microphone works and I can run Duolingo without problems (something that I have not been able to do for a while).

I use external USB-C drives. They work. They also work via the Google Files app, which was not always the case. I have a 256GB microSD card inserted and set as external storage. It works fine.

GPS locks on quickly. No issues. Compass apps and SkyMap work as they should. Google Maps and maps.me work as they should.

I have a Google One account and the Google VPN is installed and running. I also have Avira anti malware installed - the free version.

I use Google Authenticator and was able to use the camera to read the QR codes from inside the app. Google Lens works and will capture an image and look for results.

All in all a very polished product this early on in development. Apart from a rotating lock screen I do not see much that needs fixing. Some have issues with the camera but mine works well enough with the apk file on the download page. For me the camera is only for using as a QR scanner, Google Translate and Google Lens and it will never get used for actual photography.

EDIT: Inware reports that root is hidden. Thus I do not see any problem with using banking apps if you wanted to do that.
EDIT 2: I set screen size to maximum in the settings to make the screen look right and I played with the font size to get it "just right" for me.

Thanks for the review.
Cam will be fixed on next build with oss cam HAL.
Latest build will be for Mi Pad 4 8" as I see more user use 8" than 10".

rohit3192

Jul 26, 2011
You do not install GAAPS in Pixel Experience. The whole point of Pixel Experience is that is mimics the Google Pixel.

I cannot test call recording. I would never use a tablet to make phone calls. My SIM is data only.
my bad. actually asked in wrong thread. the gapps question pertained to LOS Rom.

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
Thanks for the review.
Hi sabar, I saw on your sourcecode repo a final version 20221031 that it is not the one on the first post, is it the one for Mi Pad 4 8" you mentioned? Thank you in advance.

Asuka123

Feb 7, 2018
iShot_2022-11-10_23.34.05.png
Anyone can help me ? I don't know what caused the hint on the figure, and when i reboot, there's no OS installed,it's boot to rec.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest rom PixelExperience_clover-13.0-20221110-2311-UNOFFICIAL.zip :
    - Android 13.0.0_r23
    - January security patch
    - 4.19 Nyx Kernel
    - OSS cam HAL
    - Migrate to Xiaomi power AIDL HAL and common sdm660 powerhint

Download

Installation instructions :
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Use latest 4.19 TWRP created by pix106: (TWRP)
    - Perform clean install from TWRP (factory reset, format data and wipe system)
    - Flash ROM

What's working:
    - All hardware
    - Safetynet pass / device certified

What's not working:
    Let me know.

Source : https://github.com/PixelExperience
    Kernel : clover
    Device tree : sdm660
    Fingerprint Registration does not work for my Mipad4+ (stops after several touches)
    Same here. Finger print enrollment doesn't work. Using clover+
    Aside from that and some screen transition artefacts, this ROM rocks

Hmmm...Thanks to confirm it...I will check it...
    aside from the FP registration error, i just noticed the improvement on the audio on this initial android 13 build. Tried it on wired, bluetooth, and bulit in speakers. I dont know what's changed but it really sounds great.

The FP will be fixed on next build.

Thanks for the review.
    Latest rom, see 1st post for both Mi Pad 4 and Mi Pad 4 Plus.