Question PixelFlasher for Google Pixel 6 Pro Support Thread.

Search This thread

niko26

May 5, 2010
What device do you have? Don't you back up to Google One or backup your device daily? If so, just wipe and restore last backup. All should be good. I always make sure to backup before flashing an update.
Sorry, but calling the built in "sync" function a backup is blasphemy ;) Android built in backups suck hard time. Really.

niko26

May 5, 2010
I wish there was nandroid backup possibility, too bad there is no compatible twrp.
I have yet to find the perfect backup solution.
SwiftBackup is okay for me. But still.. There's a lot of manual work involved.

This is where iPhones really shine. Apple's backup and recovery simply works. :(

Last edited:

banshee28

Aug 31, 2010
Is it possible that when deleting files you accidentally deleted some important files?
But even that should be fixed with dirty flash of the full factory image.

See if you change the slot and flash, if it fixes the issue.
You can also try Android Flash tool.

Those partitions with 100% are ok,
I don't have /data on oriole, I have /dev/fuse
and of course tmpfs
So, I went back and set to slot A and only flashed (June) to that slot. Slot b was getting the "failed remote not enough space to resize partition errors. When I only set and flashed on A, it no longer got any of those errors and flashed without errors, although it still eventually boot-loops!

However, I am now able to at least get to the animation and adb is working for 10-15 seconds or so!! I tried to disable magisk during this time, but not sure if thats relevant at this stage?

Since I have adb for a few seconds, is there anything I can do to try to recover this or enter safemode?

badabing2003

Sep 17, 2012
However, I am now able to at least get to the animation and adb is working for 10-15 seconds or so!! I tried to disable magisk during this time, but not sure if thats relevant at this stage?
If you are flashing stock with no patched boot.img, it's not magisk that's causing the bootloop, so no point in trying to disable magisk.

badabing2003

Sep 17, 2012
New release:
July 18, 2022 v3.4.0 release
  • Improvements to the boot extraction / categorization.
  • Live boot option directly from the selected boot.img UI, even though it was possible to live boot previously through the advanced menu, it is now super easy to select a boot.img (patched or otherwise) and Live boot to that image with a click of a button.
  • Added warning message in the splash screen and the help about menu, to inform users not to fall for opportunists who are claiming to be the developer of PixelFlasher with a donate button next to the download link. Reminder to all, this program will always be free, ad free, donation free; you should not be solicited for any form of payment.

rester555

Oct 27, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This tool looks awesome. I haven't used it yet, but I will be using it in the future. Will you have to use disable verity and verification when going to Android 13 and obtaining root? Is that required for loading the Android 13 images and rooting? Or is that not required with the newest Magisk 25.2 build?

UPDATE: I used the tool to flash with the factory image and patched boot image with Magisk 25201 and I got a bootloop. Most likely it was due to a module. I should have used the disable modules command, but didn't do that. I had systemless hosts, faceunlock workaround with lsposed, 2.3.1 safetynetfix, and tether unlock modules. I don't think I turned them off before updating to get into the bootloop. I ended up reflashing the factory image first with the tool. Then updated magisk after and that worked fine since it wiped out the modules on the factory image flash first.

Thanks for the tool!

Last edited:
Reactions: badabing2003

badabing2003

Sep 17, 2012
This tool looks awesome. I haven't used it yet, but I will be using it in the future. Will you have to use disable verity and verification when going to Android 13 and obtaining root? Is that required for loading the Android 13 images and rooting? Or is that not required with the newest Magisk 25.2 build?

UPDATE: I used the tool to flash with the factory image and patched boot image with Magisk 25201 and I got a bootloop. Most likely it was due to a module. I should have used the disable modules command, but didn't do that. I had systemless hosts, faceunlock workaround with lsposed, 2.3.1 safetynetfix, and tether unlock modules. I don't think I turned them off before updating to get into the bootloop. I ended up reflashing the factory image first with the tool. Then updated magisk after and that worked fine since it wiped out the modules on the factory image flash first.

Thanks for the tool!
Thanks for the update,

I have not looked into Android 13 much so I wouldn't be a good person to answer that, I would expect that Magisk would take care of it, but then again I haven't read up on it yet.
I saw this thread,

As for disabling magisk modules, In the future I suggest you use the Magisk Manager Feature in PixelFlasher instead of Disable Modules features, the disable modules is more for recovery during bootloop if the device is adb accessible briefly while looping.
The Magisk Manager feature provides a UI for you to selectively disable modules.
I never had to disable Systemless Host or Safetynetfix, the others I cannot comment on.

Last edited:
Reactions: rester555

Thebear j koss

Thanks for the update,

I have not looked into Android 13 much so I wouldn't be a good person to answer that, I would expect that Magisk would take care of it, but then again I haven't read up on it yet.
I saw this thread,

As for disabling magisk modules, In the future I suggest you use the Magisk Manager Feature in PixelFlasher instead of Disable Modules features, the disable modules is more for recovery during bootloop if the device is adb accessible briefly while looping.
The Magisk Manager feature provides a UI for you to selectively disable modules.
I never had to disable Systemless Host or Safetynetfix, the others I cannot comment on.
Past 2 updates I have flashed stock firmware using this tool with all my modules enabled and haven't had any issues. This includes systemless, safetynet, lsposed, aosp mods, substratum, repainter, emoji replacer. Just reporting from Pixel 6 pro.

badabing2003

Sep 17, 2012
Past 2 updates I have flashed stock firmware using this tool with all my modules enabled and haven't had any issues. This includes systemless, safetynet, lsposed, aosp mods, substratum, repainter, emoji replacer. Just reporting from Pixel 6 pro.
Thanks for the info, really good to know.
For clarity, I assume when you say stock firmware, you're applying stock firmware with patched boot.img through PixelFlasher, otherwise the Magisk Modules would not be a factor, right?

Thebear j koss

For clarity, I assume when you say stock firmware, you're applying stock firmware with patched boot.img through PixelFlasher, otherwise the Magisk Modules would not be a factor, right?
Correct. I patched boot image with the tool and only flashed the updated magisk boot img with the updated firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New release:
    July 18, 2022 v3.4.0 release
    • Improvements to the boot extraction / categorization.
    • Live boot option directly from the selected boot.img UI, even though it was possible to live boot previously through the advanced menu, it is now super easy to select a boot.img (patched or otherwise) and Live boot to that image with a click of a button.
    • Added warning message in the splash screen and the help about menu, to inform users not to fall for opportunists who are claiming to be the developer of PixelFlasher with a donate button next to the download link. Reminder to all, this program will always be free, ad free, donation free; you should not be solicited for any form of payment.
    July update done with latest alpha magisk (C97d1044) without issues on Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel 6.

Thanks for this nice tool :)
    Correct. I patched boot image with the tool and only flashed the updated magisk boot img with the updated firmware.
    Thanks for the update,

I saw this thread,

Good to know... Will try that.
    PF_promo-banner.png
    This is the support thread of PixelFlasher for Google Pixel 6 Pro
    PixelFlasher is an open-source self contained GUI tool to facilitate Pixel phone device flashing/updating with extra features.

Basic mode: Should suit most users. Some of the features in basic mode are:
    • Simple UI interface, click and go. No more command line.
    • Fully automated, pre-patch factory image with Magisk (without user interaction) and perform upgrades without losing root.
      No more manually extracting files transferring to the phone, patching / re-flashing and doing multiple reboots.
      No more setting airplane mode and clearing storage to retain Safetynet passing.
      (This Assumes that the phone was previously rooted with Magisk)
    • Choose to keep data or wipe data.
    • Ability to flash even if multiple devices are connected to the computer.
    • Display information about the phone.
      • id
      • hardware
      • current installed firmware.
      • if it is rooted with Magisk.
      • Magisk version
      • connection mode.
    • Display Android Platform Tools (SDK) version.
    • Advanced features are hidden to keep the interface simple and easy to follow.
    • A lot of checks and validations for smooth operation.
    Expert mode: (should only be turned on by experienced users). In addition to the basic features, you get:
    • The ability to flash custom ROM (with or without patching boot.img)
    • Option to flash to both slots.
    • Options to disable verity and or verification.
    • Ability to change the active slot.
    • Ability to live boot to custom boot.img (temporary root).
    • Ability to boot to recovery.
    • Ability to flash custom image: boot, recovery, radio, kernel, ...
    • Ability to sideload an image.
    • Lock / Unlock bootloader.
    • Disable Magisk modules to get out of bootloop (experimental).

For full details on where to download / usage and feature set of the tool, visit the main thread at XDA or the project's Github page.

Troubleshooting:

Note: This thread is meant for issues and problems faced in Google Pixel 6 Pro devices, generic issues that are device agnostic should be discussed in the main thread.
    New Release:
    April 17, 2022 v2.3.0 release
    • Optional automatic check for updates feature.
    • Added help menu links to:
      - Report an issue
      - Feature Request
      - PixelFlasher Project Page
      - PixelFlasher Community (Forum)
      - Homeboy76's Guide
      - V0latyle's Guide
      - Open Configuration Folder
      - Check for New Version
    • Icons for menu items.
    • Link to download Pixel Firmware.
    • Link to download Android Platform Tools.
    • Unlock Bootloader.
    • Lock Bootloader.
    • SOS (experimental) - disable Magisk modules to get out of bootloop.
    • Additional flashing options:
      - product
      - system
      - system_ext
      - system_other
      - vbmeta_system
      - vbmeta_vendor
    • Added sideload flashing option.
    • Updated documentation.
    • Further improved console messages for troubleshooting.
    • Linux build using Github Actions.
    • Manual build for Kali Linux.
    New Release:
    May 05, 2022 v3.3.0 release
    • MacOS build.
    • Handle Magisk module.prop with comments.
    • Exception handling on magisk module errors.
    • boot.img management improvements.
    • Removed old Powershell script.
    • More checks and validations.
    • support.zip now includes sanitized PixelFlasher.db
    New Release: (See full details here on xda or here at github)
    April 03, 2022 v2.0.0.0-pre release.
    • Major refactoring
    • Added Advanced (Expert) mode UI.
    • Basic mode keeps UI simple and hides expert features.
    • Support for setting active slot.
    • Reboot options (recovery, system, bootloader)
    • Moved custom ROM options to expert mode.
    • Added custom flashing to expert mode, can now flash to live (temporary root), or custom flash any image to any partition.
    • Moved flashing to both slots, disabling verity / verification to expert mode.
    • Many other improvements, validations and checks.
    • Updated documentation.
    New Release:
    May 04, 2022 v3.2.0 release
    • Help menu option to create support.zip file, which sanitizes (redacts user names and device IDs) of the log files.
      This makes it super easy to provide support.zip file when something goes wrong and need to report it.
    • In boot management, delete firmware cache of the selected boot.img if it is the last boot.img used from that firmware.
    • Handle space characters in username.
    • Console is now responsive when processing firmware file.
    • More checks and validations.
    • Update readme with instructions on how to build PixelFlasher on MacOS.