Themes / Apps / Mods 📳🔥PixelFlasher for Google Pixel 6 Support Thread.

Search This thread

kariem112

Feb 26, 2008
It seems the windows version does not work well if there is a space in the username folder:

2022-05-04 07:03:01 Processing firmware file ...
debug: Unzipping Image: C:\adb6\oriole.zip into C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\PixelFlasher\factory_images\oriole ...
debug: "C:\Users\KARIEM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI123202\bin\7z.exe" x -bd -y -oC:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\PixelFlasher\factory_images "C:\adb6\oriole.zip"

2022-05-04 07:03:01 ERROR: Encountered an error.

ERROR: The system cannot find the file specified.
Name

System ERROR:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Aborting ...

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
It seems the windows version does not work well if there is a space in the username folder:

2022-05-04 07:03:01 Processing firmware file ...
debug: Unzipping Image: C:\adb6\oriole.zip into C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\PixelFlasher\factory_images\oriole ...
debug: "C:\Users\KARIEM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI123202\bin\7z.exe" x -bd -y -oC:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\PixelFlasher\factory_images "C:\adb6\oriole.zip"

2022-05-04 07:03:01 ERROR: Encountered an error.

ERROR: The system cannot find the file specified.
Name

System ERROR:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Aborting ...
Can you confirm that you're using the latest version?
I don't see the double quotes in your output and suspect that you are not on the latest.
Let me know.

Reactions: kariem112

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
New Release:
May 04, 2022 v3.2.0 release
  • Help menu option to create support.zip file, which sanitizes (redacts user names and device IDs) of the log files.
    This makes it super easy to provide support.zip file when something goes wrong and need to report it.
  • In boot management, delete firmware cache of the selected boot.img if it is the last boot.img used from that firmware.
  • Handle space characters in username. @kariem112
  • Console is now responsive when processing firmware file.
  • More checks and validations.
  • Update readme with instructions on how to build PixelFlasher on MacOS.

kariem112

Feb 26, 2008
thanks :) It seems another problem with the file path? The double // happens when trying to process the firmware file.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Main.py", line 740, in _on_process_firmware
  File "modules.py", line 487, in process_file
  File "ntpath.py", line 115, in join
  File "genericpath.py", line 153, in _check_arg_types
TypeError: join() argument must be str or bytes, not 'NoneType'
e_path": "C:\\adb6\\oriole.zip",
    "flash_both_slots": false,
    "height": 1040,
    "magisk": "com.topjohnwu.magisk",
    "mode": "keepData",
    "phone_path": "/storage/emulated/0/Download",
    "platform_tools_path": "C:\\adb6",
    "pos_x": 580,
    "pos_y": 175,
    "selected_boot_md5": null,
    "update_check": true,
    "verbose": false,
    "version": "3.1.1.0",
    "width": 1400
}

RobbyRobbb

Aug 17, 2012
I also get some kind of error with the 3.2 version when selecting my phone. The mouse-cursor permanently turns into a spinning work-in-progress-cursor after this. The process also doesn't stop running when i quit PF, and even if i manually close the process in the task manager PF refuses to open when i try to re-launch it.

Code:
PixelFlasher 3.2.0.0 started on 2022-05-05 10:34:48
{
    "advanced_options": false,
    "boot_id": null,
    "custom_rom": false,
    "custom_rom_path": null,
    "device": null,
    "disable_verification": false,
    "disable_verity": false,
    "fastboot_verbose": false,
    "firmware_path": null,
    "mode": "dryRun",
    "platform_tools_path": "C:\\Users\\Robin\\adb",
    "pos_x": 260,
    "pos_y": 0,
    "verbose": true,
    "version": "3.2.0.0",
}

2022-05-05 10:34:48 Selected Platform Tools Path:
C:\Users\Robin\adb.
SDK Version: None

Please select a boot.img!

Loading Device list ...
This could take a while, please be patient.

debug: Populate device list
debug: select configured device
2022-05-05 10:34:48 No Device is selected!
Load time: 1 seconds

2022-05-05 10:35:06 Selected Platform Tools Path:
Y:\Android\cmdline-tools\platform-tools.
SDK Version: 31.0.3-7562133

2022-05-05 10:35:09 Reloading Device List ...
2022-05-05 10:35:10 No Device is selected!

2022-05-05 10:35:12 Reloading Device List ...
2022-05-05 10:35:12 No Device is selected!

Selected Device on 2022-05-05 10:35:14:
    Device ID:          1C041FDF6000G1
    Device Model:       oriole
    Device is Rooted:   True
    Device Build:       SP2A.220405.004
    Device Active Slot: a
    Device Mode:        adb
    Magisk Version:     24.3:MAGISK (24300)
    Magisk Modules:
  File "Main.py", line 694, in _on_select_device
  File "Main.py", line 537, in _print_device_details
  File "phone.py", line 142, in magisk_modules_summary
  File "phone.py", line 130, in magisk_detailed_modules
ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 1)

I just tried flashing Android 12 QPR3 with an earlier version of PF and it didn't manage to get Magisk working. The phone boots, but Magisk says it's not installed. I deleted the PF folder after running this, so i don't have the log. But i remember that the process ended with an error that said "Unknown partition: pf_boot", if that means anything.

Even though the phone boots it's a bit scary to think that there might have been more steps in the flashing process that never happened because of this error.

Last edited:

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
thanks :) It seems another problem with the file path? The double // happens when trying to process the firmware file.

Code:
  File "Main.py", line 740, in _on_process_firmware
  File "modules.py", line 487, in process_file
  File "ntpath.py", line 115, in join
  File "genericpath.py", line 153, in _check_arg_types
TypeError: join() argument must be str or bytes, not 'NoneType'
e_path": "C:\\adb6\\oriole.zip",
    "mode": "keepData",
    "platform_tools_path": "C:\\adb6",
    "pos_x": 580,
    "pos_y": 175,
    "verbose": false,
    "version": "3.1.1.0",
}
Sorry for your troubles, double \\ is normal that's not the issue, can you please provide sanitized logs, you can create them from the help menu.
Thanks.

Also:
Please do not change the firmware filename, it is important to keep it intact, it has information about the hardware as well as the package signature.

Last edited:

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
I also get some kind of error with the 3.2 version when selecting my phone. The mouse-cursor permanently turns into a spinning work-in-progress-cursor after this. The process also doesn't stop running when i quit PF, and even if i manually close the process in the task manager PF refuses to open when i try to re-launch it.

Code:
PixelFlasher 3.2.0.0 started on 2022-05-05 10:34:48
{
    "advanced_options": false,
    "boot_id": null,
    "custom_rom": false,
    "custom_rom_path": null,
    "device": null,
    "disable_verification": false,
    "disable_verity": false,
    "fastboot_verbose": false,
    "firmware_path": null,
    "mode": "dryRun",
    "platform_tools_path": "C:\\Users\\Robin\\adb",
    "pos_x": 260,
    "pos_y": 0,
    "verbose": true,
    "version": "3.2.0.0",
}

2022-05-05 10:34:48 Selected Platform Tools Path:
C:\Users\Robin\adb.
SDK Version: None

Please select a boot.img!

Loading Device list ...
This could take a while, please be patient.

debug: Populate device list
debug: select configured device
2022-05-05 10:34:48 No Device is selected!
Load time: 1 seconds

2022-05-05 10:35:06 Selected Platform Tools Path:
Y:\Android\cmdline-tools\platform-tools.
SDK Version: 31.0.3-7562133

2022-05-05 10:35:09 Reloading Device List ...
2022-05-05 10:35:10 No Device is selected!

2022-05-05 10:35:12 Reloading Device List ...
2022-05-05 10:35:12 No Device is selected!

Selected Device on 2022-05-05 10:35:14:
    Device ID:          1C041FDF6000G1
    Device Model:       oriole
    Device is Rooted:   True
    Device Build:       SP2A.220405.004
    Device Active Slot: a
    Device Mode:        adb
    Magisk Version:     24.3:MAGISK (24300)
    Magisk Modules:
  File "Main.py", line 694, in _on_select_device
  File "Main.py", line 537, in _print_device_details
  File "phone.py", line 142, in magisk_modules_summary
  File "phone.py", line 130, in magisk_detailed_modules
ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 1)
It looks like problem reading your Magisk modules.
What modules do you have, and do you have any special modules that block access?
I'll add more exception handling around that logic and also provide an option to be able to turn off Magisk modules management.

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
Pixelify
SafetyNet Fix
Viper4AndroidFX
Thanks,

What do you get when you run this?
Code:
adb shell "su -c 'ls /data/adb/modules'"

One other question.
When you turn off verbose (I know you can't in UI now because of the error) but you can if you edit the configuration file

%APPDATA%\PixelFlasher\PixelFlasher.json
1651748126848.png

The error goes away right?
It looks like the issue is when it's processing the details of the modules (probably Pixelify module)

UPDATE
@RobbyRobbb
No need to do anything, I have a fix, I'll post it later today, in the meantime if you disable verbose settings, and don't go the Magisk Modules management you should be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobbyRobbb

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
New Release:
May 05, 2022 v3.3.0 release
  • MacOS build.
  • Handle Magisk module.prop with comments.
  • Exception handling on magisk module errors.
  • boot.img management improvements.
  • Removed old Powershell script.
  • More checks and validations.
  • support.zip now includes sanitized PixelFlasher.db

First of all i want to say much respect to developers for making tools like this become a reality, warts n all :)

HOWEVER i will say that i am never ever going to mess with my phone again. I used to be an avid rommer/rooter back in the day and then left the scene for years until very recently.

I first rooted again at the april patch for the pixel 6 using Majisk guide and although was quite a few steps and a tiny bit fidly, it worked first time like a charm.

I figured great!! and so fast forward to may update.

I thought i would give pixel flasher a go to deal with everything for me. I followed the instructions to the letter. I did the dry run first just to be sure would work ok and all came back fine. I then went on to do it for real.

I was watching the output log as it went carefully. Noticed the it went through resizing partitions... God knows what for and when i saw that my heart started beating a bit faster. I have no idea why the tool would even need to do that!!!

Nevertheless, i was commited, I knew i couldn't stop it half way through because that would have surely left me with a dead phone, so i let it continue right to finish. There were no errors whatsoever in the output window, every single step completed without a hitch.

Rebooted the phone and yep it was dead :-( got a message saying "Phone is corrupted and cannot be trusted"

I have never in my life felt so much anger/pain/upset and a process that was supposed to take the hassle out of a process. I lost EVERYTHING.

This was last night all this happened.

The worst part is I couldn't dirty flash because ADB in windows told me that my device was unauthorised in recovery mode and I couldn't start my phone to tell it to trust device. It just hung and did nothing on google logo.

I tried running verity enforcing command but that wouldn't work either because device wasn't authorised. I had no way to rescus phone without a complete wipe.

I couldn't even do a factory reset on the phones recovery options because it through up errors saying stuff couldn't be found and i firmly believe that it was Pixel Flasher cuased that when it did something to the partitions.

I did nothing wrong, and followed everything correctly.. I had to because i'd never used it before!!! I get all the disclaimers etc and yes i chose to use it and go through the process but thats not the point. THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED.

I had to go through pixel flash tool to recue my phone. I had to force flash all partitions to restore everything back to a working state and that meant everything on the phone was lost.

What's even worse (just to add insult to injury), is that when I went to go through the laborious task of restoring from a google backup, I found out that my phone hadn't been syncing with google since the 6th april!!

I know fact that all backup settings are turned on so no idea what happened there. The only thing that had been backing up (thankgod) is my taken pix/vids.

I've lost a months worth of texts/whatsapps/call logs.

Thanks to this experience, I will NEVER EVER root my phone again, and certainly NEVER EVER use pixel flasher again.

I have even relocked the bootloader to make sure that temptation doesn't get the better of me because i wont to have to wipe the phone again just to unlock it again.

It's a real shame because I was thoroughly enjoying the extra bits that rooting gave me, but its certainly not worth all this happening again.

I do want to express my deepest thanks once again to the rooting/modding community because you guys make the seemingly impossible, possible, It's just for me.... I value my data more

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
@Ictcreations
First and foremost, I'm really sorry that you went through these troubles, although we all take risks when rooting and modding our phones, no one wants to lose data or worse brick their expensive phone. I know how you feel, and for that I feel your pain and anger.

Having said that, I want to make something clear, PixelFlasher is just a UI layer on top of adb / fastboot commands, it automates the manual steps that you do when flashing a phone so that you don't have to type anything or fiddle with the phone, it basically follows those excellent guides that you used to do the exact same steps.

The messages you saw regarding partitions, those are not something that PixelFlasher did, it is the output of the flash process, and you would see that regardless of whichever approach you use to flash your phone, whether you follow the guide and do it manually, even if you don't root your phone and just flash, you will still see those messages.

There is no denial that something went wrong with your flashing, however pinning that on PixelFlasher is at best premature, and if you can kindly provide a Sanitized Support file by going to the help menu and selecting the option, I can take a look at the logs and determine what might have gone wrong.
1651930754594.png

Given your anger, you might not feel inclined to provide the support file (which by the way has redacted any sensitive information) and that is your right, however I would suggest that you consider it, as it can help reveal something that could help others.

Lastly I want to say that if you search the forums, you will find many incidences of corruption (honestly quite too many), almost all of those are non PixelFlasher users, I say almost because you're the first person who reported it with PixelFlasher.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that this was more to do with the state/environment
  • What was on the phone (ROM and what not)
  • If you accepted OTA
  • What Magisk modules were active
  • Version of adb
  • Version of Magisk
  • USB cable
  • Your PC
I'm not dismissing the possibility of something being wrong in PixelFlasher, nothing is flawless, but it is highly unlikely that it was caused by PixelFlasher, had that been the case, all the folks before you (including myself) would have ran into the issue and this thread would be flooded with posts like yours.

Hot-Proton

May 11, 2019
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have a Pixel 6 and use the latest Windows 11. My Problem ist the first start working but after i selecet plattform tools nothing happens anymore. I only see that the mouse cursor rotates but in the program itself does nothing more. I then closed the program and when I now starts, I only see the PixelFlasher logo, which then closes again. That is, it can no longer be started.

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
I have a Pixel 6 and use the latest Windows 11. My Problem ist the first start working but after i selecet plattform tools nothing happens anymore. I only see that the mouse cursor rotates but in the program itself does nothing more. I then closed the program and when I now starts, I only see the PixelFlasher logo, which then closes again. That is, it can no longer be started.
See my answer to your other post here.

Reactions: Hot-Proton

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
New Release:
May 21, 2022 v3.3.1 release
  • Change encoding from utf8 to ISO-8859-1
  • Button to paste the currently selected boot.img into custom flash file selection.
  • Several Mac version improvements, thanks to rhetorican for reporting and testing.
  • UI improvements
  • Fix: On low resolution screens, the application startup position is high enough to clip the top part.
  • Fix: On low resolution screens, the patch icon is too large and dis-proportional to the rest of the UI
  • Better dark mode handling on Mac / Linux
  • Increase the wait during flashing to account for slower devices.
  • Further improvements on support.zip redaction process.
  • Other minor fixes and additional validations.

Just successfully used 3.3.0 (started before I noticed that 3.3.1 was just updated), but not without some heartburn...

I had previously used pixel flasher to go from rooted 12.0.0 (SD1A.210817.015.A4, Oct 2021) to
12.1.0 (SP2A.220305.013.A3, Mar 2022) without any problems with version 1.2.0.1

and now 12.1.0 (SP2A.220305.013.A3, Mar 2022) to 12.1.0 (SP2A.220505.002, May 2022)
i have magisk hidden, so i manually did the process on the phone to patch the boot.img
did the dry run and no issues
so then i did "keep data" and flash

and it rebooted my phone, and rebooted and my phone, and oh crap a boot loop

(my kids then walked in from the pool and my wife wanted me to get dinner), so I paused on the unlock warning screen and went to go get dinner - panicking in the back of my mind)

came back hours later and used power+up / power+down to get it to go into bootloader, fastboot, adb sideload, adb rescue mode, googling to see what options I had from there, but most generic google searches came back with going to TWRP to replace X, Y, Z and I knew that wasn't an option....

the annoying thing was I couldn't do anything in adb, b/c it was unauthorized (but all for the better since i didnt mess anything up)

So I was going to see if maybe it was the fastboot current slot, so I changed from A to B, told fastboot to reboot and came back to fastboot, so I was going to reflash a stock march boot.img and see if it would get out of the boot loop. while downloading the factory image, I thought to check pixelflasher (that couldn't see my phone in all the other boot modes (adb sideload, adb rescue mode) and it showed as online?!?

so I clicked flashing thinking it would just give me an error and it all flashed through without a hiccup.
I crossed my fingers while it rebooted that it would get into a boot loop

then it all came up like nothing had happened.

did some app updates, checked the os update and it thought I still needed to update. rebooted and it said it was up to date.

out of an abundance of caution, I always download by photos and files and use swift backup to backup my apps, sms/mms, phone logs, etc. so even if i had to start over, I could get back to where i was, it would just be time consuming....

I have no idea why it bootlooped in the first place after successfully doing the dry run and then why it started to work hours later, but I'm glad it is back. time to go update my old S4 (that had lineage 14 to 19) that I used to google fixes while I at the restaurant waiting for the take out)...

windows 10 pro
pixel flasher 3.3.0
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.41
Version 33.0.1-8253317

rhetorician

Feb 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 6 Pro
HOWEVER i will say that i am never ever going to mess with my phone again....

I have never in my life felt so much anger/pain/upset and a process that was supposed to take the hassle out of a process. I lost EVERYTHING....

I did nothing wrong, and followed everything correctly.. I had to because i'd never used it before!!! I get all the disclaimers etc and yes i chose to use it and go through the process but thats not the point. THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED...

...What's even worse (just to add insult to injury), is that when I went to go through the laborious task of restoring from a google backup, I found out that my phone hadn't been syncing with google since the 6th april!!...

I know fact that all backup settings are turned on so no idea what happened there. The only thing that had been backing up (thankgod) is my taken pix/vids.

Thanks to this experience, I will NEVER EVER root my phone again, and certainly NEVER EVER use pixel flasher again....

This kind of an attitude is not conducive to a productive development community that's open to the lay public. It certainly doesn't help anybody who uses this thread to troubleshoot the tool. The use of these programs assumes that you accept the risk of something going wrong, even terribly wrong. We all make the decision to undertake this risk the moment we turn on developer mode; and yet you don't seem to acknowledge personal responsibility. If every person who experienced a boot loop and had to reflash the factory firmware behaved in this manner, I don't think lay folks like myself would be able to enjoy the work that these people produce and offer for free. After all, who would want to endure this kind of a response? One could be forgiven for questioning the sincerity expressed in your beginning/concluding remarks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Release:
    Apr 14, 2024 v6.9.2.0 change log:
    • Add a new experimental feature to downgrade without a wipe and potentially switch from Beta to Stable without a wipe (untested).
      Credit to @tbalden for the discovery and @capntrips for the details of the process.
    • Select any img file and get additional image info.
    • #190 fix, scrcpy launch improvement.
    • Improved Menu to disabled advanced features when it's not enabled in the settings. (Previously only other GUI elements were hidden or disabled).
    • If KernelSU or APatch is installed, report their version as part of device details.
    • Improved logging.
    • Improved santization.
    • Other minor improvements and added stability.
    New Release:
    Mar 26, 2024 v6.9.0.0 change log:
    • Add support for patching KernelSU LKM (Kernel modules, GKI only). This is in addition to the classic KernelSU support.
    • Add support for patching with APatch
    • Rename Install Magisk to Install Root App as it now supports directly installing KernelSU and Apatch through PixelFlasher.
    • Add Install ZygiskNext module option in Magisk tool options.
    • Use UTF-8 encoding for the logifile instead of ISO-8859-1
    • Miscellaneous minor improvements.
    New Release:
    Apr 05, 2024 v6.9.1.0 change log:
    • #181 Handle KernelSU new output filename format.
    • #187 register exit menu id for MacOS to OS's "Exit" menu.
    • KernelSU bug fix and improvements.
    • Improved logging to further easy troubleshooting.
    • Update banned kernels list.
    • Update and re-add Magisk zygote64_32 canary with a forked URL.
    • Minor typo corrections and other improvements.
    Update Release:
    Apr 09, 2024 v6.9.1.3 change log:
    • Fix regression introduced when refactoring code in KernelSU Patching.
    • #187 On MacOS, move the exit menu into PixelFlasher's file menu from the OS's native Exit menu.
    Update Release:
    Apr 16, 2024 v6.9.2.5 change log:
    • Roll up MacOS related changes. #187 and #190
    • Logging improvements
    • When Magisk delta is installed, automatically set the package to: io.github.huskydg.magisk
    PF_promo-banner.png

This is the support thread of PixelFlasher
    (PixelFlasher is an open-source self contained GUI tool to facilitate Pixel phone device flashing/rooting/updating with extra features).

Note: This thread is meant for issues and problems faced in Google Pixel 6 devices, generic issues that are device agnostic should be discussed in the main thread.
    For full details on where to download / usage and feature set of the tool, visit the main thread at XDA or the project's Github page.

IMPORTANT:
    Please do not ask questions the answers of which are already stated in the OP.
    I will simply ignore the request, as I'm fed up of referring people to the post that has the answers.

Troubleshooting:
    If you need support or assistance, please generate and provide a support file from within PixelFlasher.
    You can hit that big Support button on the main screen, or select it from the Help menu.
    The generated support.zip file is sanitized (redacted) to keep your sensitive information (username device id ...) private.
    And no, a screenshot of the console or an excerpt from the console, does not make a support file.
    Clearly state the issue you're encountering, what actions did you take, and what outcome you observed, and what outcome you had expected.
    Do NOT modify the support file, keep it intact.
    • See this post.
    • Generate Sanitized support.zip file (File Menu) and submit that with your report.
    • If your anti-virus program is telling you that PixelFlasher is a malware, or you are concerned in any way, please check this post.
    Thanks for you ongoing updates and improvements,🙏
    Does that mean if I do a factory update(to my rooted slot) next time I could update one slot with rooted factory image and the other(after booting into it) with the same non rooted factory image.
    Does that sound about right?
    To be clear on the terminology.

• When we talk about Factory Image, we're talking about the files posted by Google here.
    • When to talk about Full OTA image, we're talking about files posted by Google here.
    Factory image by default, flashes to active (current slot) unless you manually override it in PF, and when it is flashes, no matter the state of the other slot, that slot becomes unbootable, if you are interested in the details as to why that happens, just search the forums, there's lots of talk about it.

On the other hand, Full OTA image, always flashes to the inactive slot, and if something goes wrong it goes back to the current slot, which means it doesn't modify the current slot in such a way that it becomes unbootable.

If you want to be able to boot to both slots, then you should be flashing Full OTA images and not factory images.

Things to keep in mind.
    • Because the way OTA image is flashed (streamed) it is slower than factory flashing.
    • You cannot flash OTA to both slots simultaneously, you have to do it one at a time.
    • Keep in mind this is mainly for having both slots bootable in case something goes wrong and you want to have functional system without having to flash something immediately.
    • Also keep in mind that data partition is common, so if you change something in one slot, don't expect it to be different in the other slot (you can have one rooted and one not, and that's because there are two boot partitions)
    • You also don't want to be running different OS versions or security patch versions on the slots, and alternating between the two, although you might get away with it if it is slightly different, it is not recommended.
    How it all started.
    New Release:
    Feb 05, 2023 v4.7.0 release
    • Added Magisk Backup Manager:
      • List all Magisk backups currently on the device.
      • Highlight the one that is backup of the current installed version.
      • Delete backups.
      • Manually add backup from PC.
      • Auto Backup: PixelFlasher figures out what needs to be backed up, and if it finds it on the PC, it creates the backup.
    • Added Reset on Magisk Manager package name setting to reset to default: com.topjohnwu.magisk
    • Linux / Mac build.sh now switches to the PixelFlasher folder if it is run from elsewhere.
    • Magisk installer improvements:
      • When installing Magisk Alpha or Delta, PixelFlasher updates the configuration to match the package name to the respective Magisk package.
      • Magisk installer window displays the package name.
      • You can now copy to clipboard, the download URL and package ID.
    • Magisk Manager columns are now wider for better readability.
    • Package Manager improvements:
      • Added Search / Filter option.
      • Show count of filtered packages.
      • Application Name (label column).
      • "Get Application Names" Button to resolve all package application names. This is a slow process, hence PixelFlasher caches them.
      • Button to download (pull) APKs from the device. (Multiple downloads in one shot is also supported).
      • Other under the hood improvements.
    • When selecting a firmware or ROM file, sha256 is printed to console and displayed on hover, to validate if it matches the published sha256.
    • More verbose logging that helps with troubleshooting.
    • Double click on "ADB Connected Devices" to invoke adb kill-server which is handy at times, specially when dealing with Wifi ADB.
    • Moved existing links under Help Menu | Links, and added few more handy links.
    • Added timestamp to support.zip filename.
    • On request, spinning cursor with text "Please be patient ..." is now displayed in red.
    • Flashing to inactive slot is now in basic configuration instead of advanced configuration.
    • Preparation work for version 5.0 DB improvements.
    Thank you for the consideration.
    No donation, this is simply giving back to the community that has given me a lot over the years.
    New Release:
    April 17, 2022 v2.3.0 release
    • Optional automatic check for updates feature.
    • Added help menu links to:
      - Report an issue
      - Feature Request
      - PixelFlasher Project Page
      - PixelFlasher Community (Forum)
      - Homeboy76's Guide
      - V0latyle's Guide
      - Open Configuration Folder
      - Check for New Version
    • Icons for menu items.
    • Link to download Pixel Firmware.
    • Link to download Android Platform Tools.
    • Unlock Bootloader.
    • Lock Bootloader.
    • SOS (experimental) - disable Magisk modules to get out of bootloop.
    • Additional flashing options:
      - product
      - system
      - system_ext
      - system_other
      - vbmeta_system
      - vbmeta_vendor
    • Added sideload flashing option.
    • Updated documentation.
    • Further improved console messages for troubleshooting.
    • Linux build using Github Actions.
    • Manual build for Kali Linux.