Themes / Apps / Mods 📳🔥PixelFlasher for Google Pixel 7 Pro Support Thread.

Search This thread

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
Apr 13, 2008
New Jersey
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Ok, so I updated using PF, rebooted and made sure everthing worked great. So I figured i try to get inactive up to same version. Same procedure as before. selected patched init_boot.img and checked flash to inactive slot. Flash went well no errors. Rebooted phone and after colorful google boot text phone goes black and nothing. Manually reboot and same thing. rebooted again and switched slots, phone boots to colorful Google text and goes black. Then decided to reflash with non-root firmware. Im back on Slot A and everything is working. Flashed patch init-boot.img and back to root.
So any idea why after successfully flashing latest firmware and then flashed same firmware to inactive slot and doesn't boot?

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
Ok, so I updated using PF, rebooted and made sure everthing worked great. So I figured i try to get inactive up to same version. Same procedure as before. selected patched init_boot.img and checked flash to inactive slot. Flash went well no errors. Rebooted phone and after colorful google boot text phone goes black and nothing. Manually reboot and same thing. rebooted again and switched slots, phone boots to colorful Google text and goes black. Then decided to reflash with non-root firmware. Im back on Slot A and everything is working. Flashed patch init-boot.img and back to root.
So any idea why after successfully flashing latest firmware and then flashed same firmware to inactive slot and doesn't boot?
support.zip file (from the help menu) would go a long way towards explaining the why.
Please submit one and I'll take a look at it.

banshee28

Aug 31, 2010
I would really like to be able to get the latest PF to work with Linux Miint, but cant get the pre-req Python setup. Any easy way to get this working? I guess the latest Mint still does not/wont have the req'd Python?

Fishawy

Mar 26, 2010
Melbourne
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I only used PF once to root the phone when I first got it almost 4 months ago, and been updating/rooting using the Android Flash Tool and commands.

I'm now wanting to update and retain root using PF, is the process different? Currently reading through the main thread and Github, and wondering if there's a beginner-friendly summary on how to do that.

Edit: All good. Updated using PF, easy process. Thanks Dev.

Last edited:
Reactions: badabing2003

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
You started with the device on slot a and January build
You updated to February build, to active slot with the following options (why are you disabling verity / verification, even though that is not an issue)
Code:
Custom Flash Options:   True
Disable Verity:         True
Disable Verification:   True
Flash Both Slots:       False
Force:                  False
Verbose Fastboot:       False
Temporary Root:         False
Flash To Inactive Slot: False

Everything went well and you booted to slot a February build
Code:
Selected Device on 2023-02-06 20:12:25:
    Device ID:                       REDACTED
    Device Model:                    cheetah
    Device Active Slot:              a
    Device Mode:                     adb
    Device is Rooted:                True
    Device Build:                    TQ1A.230205.001.D2
    Device API Level:                33
    Device Architecture:             arm64-v8a
    Device Bootloader Version:       cloudripper-1.0-9288096
    Magisk Manager Version:         
        Checked for Package:         com.topjohnwu.magisk
    Magisk Version:                  25.2:25200
    Magisk Config SHA1:             
    Magisk Modules:
        AOSP Mods (Full version)            enabled   2.4.1
        Powerhint_Cheetah                   enabled   v4
        Themer                              enabled   1.2.3B2
        ViPER4Android Reverse Engineered    enabled   v0.1.0
        JamesDSP Manager                    enabled   v4.6 (8-4-2022)
        Audio Modification Library          enabled   v4.2
        Font Manager                        enabled   v5.6.45
        Systemless Hosts                    enabled   1.0
        Universal SafetyNet Fix             enabled   v2.4.0
        Zygisk - LSPosed                    enabled   v1.8.6 (6712)

Then you decided to flash again this time to inactive slot (ie b) with the following options
Code:
Custom Flash Options:   True
Disable Verity:         True
Disable Verification:   True
Flash Both Slots:       False
Force:                  False
Verbose Fastboot:       False
Temporary Root:         False
Flash To Inactive Slot: True

Again everything went well and the system booted properly to slot b
Code:
Selected Device on 2023-02-06 20:17:04:
    Device Active Slot:              b
    Device Mode:                     adb
    Device is Rooted:                True
    Device Build:                    TQ1A.230205.001.D2
    Device API Level:                33
    Device Architecture:             arm64-v8a
    Device Bootloader Version:       cloudripper-1.0-9288096
    Magisk Manager Version:         
        Checked for Package:         com.topjohnwu.magisk
    Magisk Version:                  25.2:25200
    Magisk Config SHA1:             
    Magisk Modules:
        AOSP Mods (Full version)            enabled   2.4.1
        Powerhint_Cheetah                   enabled   v4
        Themer                              enabled   1.2.3B2
        ViPER4Android Reverse Engineered    enabled   v0.1.0
        JamesDSP Manager                    enabled   v4.6 (8-4-2022)
        Audio Modification Library          enabled   v4.2
        Font Manager                        enabled   v5.6.45
        Systemless Hosts                    enabled   1.0
        Universal SafetyNet Fix             enabled   v2.4.0
        Zygisk - LSPosed                    enabled   v1.8.6 (6712)

Not sure why, but you tried to change the active slot to a again
Code:
Rebooting device REDACTED to bootloader ...
Waiting 5 seconds ...
Setting active slot to slot [a] for device 29141FDH3001H9 ...

Selected Device on 2023-02-06 20:17:34:
    Device Active Slot:              a
    Device Mode:                     f.b
    Device Unlocked:                 True

Once b becomes active and bootable, a becomes unbootable, this is expected, only one slot is bootable, (see earlier posts if you're interested to know why this happens)
Then while in bootloader mode, you switched to b, and flashed to inactive slot (that would be a)
That worked, and you now you are on a.

I would really like to be able to get the latest PF to work with Linux Miint, but cant get the pre-req Python setup. Any easy way to get this working? I guess the latest Mint still does not/wont have the req'd Python?
Have you tried to use the published Kali build, and or Ubuntu 22.04 built?
What happens? what errors do you get?
What version of Mint do you have?
Have you tried to build from source?

Can i go back to January Patch from February?
You can try, the worst that will happen is that it won't work and you will go back to February.
I don't have much experience with reverting, I only attempted once to revert to an older firmware and it didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean that it won't work for you either.
Others might chime in with their experiences.
Curious why you want to go back

Can i go back to January Patch from February?
I've never had a problem going back to any firmware. Other than the time thaey added the anti-rollback to the pixel 6 on that one update one month which i cant remember which one it was. Other than that one time, I've always been able to roll back on all my Pixel phones.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
You can try, the worst that will happen is that it won't work and you will go back to February.
I don't have much experience with reverting, I only attempted once to revert to an older firmware and it didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean that it won't work for you either.
Others might chime in with their experiences.
Curious why you want to go back
Flashing back to an older firmware shouldn't be a problem, in my experience.

banshee28

Aug 31, 2010
Have you tried to use the published Kali build, and or Ubuntu 22.04 built?
What happens? what errors do you get?
What version of Mint do you have?
Have you tried to build from source?
Yep, tried both and same results. I know you helped before since this is related to Python but I have not been able to fix it and figured since my Mint OS is updated at latest and would work.

Code:
[34124] Error loading Python lib '/tmp/_MEIOeO16o/libpython3.10.so.1.0': dlopen: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.35' not found (required by /tmp/_MEIOeO16o/libpython3.10.so.1.0)

Python 2.7.18

Last edited:

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
Yep, tried both and same results. I know you helped before since this is related to Python but I have not been able to fix it and figured since my Mint OS is updated at latest and would work.

Code:
[34124] Error loading Python lib '/tmp/_MEIOeO16o/libpython3.10.so.1.0': dlopen: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.35' not found (required by /tmp/_MEIOeO16o/libpython3.10.so.1.0)

Python 2.7.18
Python 2.7.8?

The library it needs is python 3.10
Have you tried uninstalling python 2.7 and installing python 3.10?

Wmateria

Oct 13, 2015
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I've never had a problem going back to any firmware. Other than the time thaey added the anti-rollback to the pixel 6 on that one update one month which i cant remember which one it was. Other than that one time, I've always been able to roll back on all my Pixel phones.
I was able to go back to the January Patch again from February, thanks.

Wallet works again, and I no longer have battery drain with the latest KiriSakura. I had a weird experience with February Patch, had the latest Magisk with SafetyNet passed.. downloaded Yasnac, to double check and everything passed., but no matter what I do... Wallet did not worked and it was always flagging me that my phone was rooted, even with Zigisk enabled. I tried also Magisk Hide,, it did not worked either.

Whatever Google did, broke the latest Magisk 25.2, and battery drain is bad with the latest February Patch, even with a clean install.

I updated to latest version on Windows and used it to flash Feb update but I lost root :(
re flashed patched boot img and got root back
You most likely either did not patch the boot.img before flashing or you didn't select the patched boot.img before flashing. When done correctly, the update process, while keeping root, is flawless.

I was able to go back to the January Patch again from February, thanks.

Wallet works again, and I no longer have battery drain with the latest KiriSakura. I had a weird experience with February Patch, had the latest Magisk with SafetyNet passed.. downloaded Yasnac, to double check and everything passed., but no matter what I do... Wallet did not worked and it was always flagging me that my phone was rooted, even with Zigisk enabled. I tried also Magisk Hide,, it did not worked either.

Whatever Google did, broke the latest Magisk 25.2, and battery drain is bad with the latest February Patch, even with a clean install.
I am not having any of these issues on my P7P. Everything went smooth and banking/Gpay still work fine. Battery hasn't changed and i also use Kirisakura kernel.

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
I updated to latest version on Windows and used it to flash Feb update but I lost root :(
re flashed patched boot img and got root back
You shouldn't have lost root, a simple oversight of selecting the stock boot instead of the patched boot after creating a patch and before hitting the flash button could cause that.
You'd think you wouldn't make a silly mistake like that, well I've got news for you, I did that mistake and lost root, and wondered if I had introduced a regression in the latest release, only checking the logs exposed my shortcomings.

I can take a look at you logs if you want.
Another possibility is that the last step in flashing is actually flashing the patch, if anything goes wrong during that, the phone will remain in stock state, not that something should go wrong, but anything is a possibility.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Release:
    Apr 14, 2024 v6.9.2.0 change log:
    • Add a new experimental feature to downgrade without a wipe and potentially switch from Beta to Stable without a wipe (untested).
      Credit to @tbalden for the discovery and @capntrips for the details of the process.
    • Select any img file and get additional image info.
    • #190 fix, scrcpy launch improvement.
    • Improved Menu to disabled advanced features when it's not enabled in the settings. (Previously only other GUI elements were hidden or disabled).
    • If KernelSU or APatch is installed, report their version as part of device details.
    • Improved logging.
    • Improved santization.
    • Other minor improvements and added stability.
    Update Release:
    Apr 16, 2024 v6.9.2.5 change log:
    • Roll up MacOS related changes. #187 and #190
    • Logging improvements
    • When Magisk delta is installed, automatically set the package to: io.github.huskydg.magisk
    Update Release:
    Apr 09, 2024 v6.9.1.3 change log:
    • Fix regression introduced when refactoring code in KernelSU Patching.
    • #187 On MacOS, move the exit menu into PixelFlasher's file menu from the OS's native Exit menu.
    New Release:
    Mar 26, 2024 v6.9.0.0 change log:
    • Add support for patching KernelSU LKM (Kernel modules, GKI only). This is in addition to the classic KernelSU support.
    • Add support for patching with APatch
    • Rename Install Magisk to Install Root App as it now supports directly installing KernelSU and Apatch through PixelFlasher.
    • Add Install ZygiskNext module option in Magisk tool options.
    • Use UTF-8 encoding for the logifile instead of ISO-8859-1
    • Miscellaneous minor improvements.
    New Release:
    Apr 05, 2024 v6.9.1.0 change log:
    • #181 Handle KernelSU new output filename format.
    • #187 register exit menu id for MacOS to OS's "Exit" menu.
    • KernelSU bug fix and improvements.
    • Improved logging to further easy troubleshooting.
    • Update banned kernels list.
    • Update and re-add Magisk zygote64_32 canary with a forked URL.
    • Minor typo corrections and other improvements.
    PF_promo-banner.png

This is the support thread of PixelFlasher
    (PixelFlasher is an open-source self contained GUI tool to facilitate Pixel phone device flashing/rooting/updating with extra features).

Note: This thread is meant for issues and problems faced in Google Pixel 7 Pro devices, generic issues that are device agnostic should be discussed in the main thread.
    For full details on where to download / usage and feature set of the tool, visit the main thread at XDA or the project's Github page.

IMPORTANT:
    Please do not ask questions the answers of which are already stated in the OP.
    I will simply ignore the request, as I'm fed up of referring people to the post that has the answers.

Troubleshooting:
    If you need support or assistance, please generate and provide a support file from within PixelFlasher.
    You can hit that big Support button on the main screen, or select it from the Help menu.
    The generated support.zip file is sanitized (redacted) to keep your sensitive information (username device id ...) private.
    And no, a screenshot of the console or an excerpt from the console, does not make a support file.
    Clearly state the issue you're encountering, what actions did you take, and what outcome you observed, and what outcome you had expected.
    Do NOT modify the support file, keep it intact.
    • See this post.
    • Generate Sanitized support.zip file (File Menu) and submit that with your report.
    • If your anti-virus program is telling you that PixelFlasher is a malware, or you are concerned in any way, please check this post.
    New Release:
    Feb 05, 2023 v4.7.0 release
    • Added Magisk Backup Manager:
      • List all Magisk backups currently on the device.
      • Highlight the one that is backup of the current installed version.
      • Delete backups.
      • Manually add backup from PC.
      • Auto Backup: PixelFlasher figures out what needs to be backed up, and if it finds it on the PC, it creates the backup.
    • Added Reset on Magisk Manager package name setting to reset to default: com.topjohnwu.magisk
    • Linux / Mac build.sh now switches to the PixelFlasher folder if it is run from elsewhere.
    • Magisk installer improvements:
      • When installing Magisk Alpha or Delta, PixelFlasher updates the configuration to match the package name to the respective Magisk package.
      • Magisk installer window displays the package name.
      • You can now copy to clipboard, the download URL and package ID.
    • Magisk Manager columns are now wider for better readability.
    • Package Manager improvements:
      • Added Search / Filter option.
      • Show count of filtered packages.
      • Application Name (label column).
      • "Get Application Names" Button to resolve all package application names. This is a slow process, hence PixelFlasher caches them.
      • Button to download (pull) APKs from the device. (Multiple downloads in one shot is also supported).
      • Other under the hood improvements.
    • When selecting a firmware or ROM file, sha256 is printed to console and displayed on hover, to validate if it matches the published sha256.
    • More verbose logging that helps with troubleshooting.
    • Double click on "ADB Connected Devices" to invoke adb kill-server which is handy at times, specially when dealing with Wifi ADB.
    • Moved existing links under Help Menu | Links, and added few more handy links.
    • Added timestamp to support.zip filename.
    • On request, spinning cursor with text "Please be patient ..." is now displayed in red.
    • Flashing to inactive slot is now in basic configuration instead of advanced configuration.
    • Preparation work for version 5.0 DB improvements.
    New Release:
    Apr 10, 2023 v4.8.2 release
    • Include additional Magisk versions in the check to display a warning dialog when the user has installed one of the known versions to have issues.
    • Display USNF related flag values when selecting a device.
    • Check the downloaded Google firmware checksum to match the one in the filename and warn if it does not.
    • Link to download Google USB Driver is added in the help menu.
    • Added more visual troubleshooting event flows.
    • Install APK now defaults to Non Market.
    • Added Install APK cancel option.
    • You can now select an app in package manager and right click to launch it on the phone.
    • Minor bug fixes and other improvements.
    New Release:
    June 01, 2023 v5.2.0.0 release
    • Update build workflows
    • Add payload_dumper functionality to PixelFlasher to handle OTA files, thanks to vm03 for sharing source code.
    • Added rules engine code to better / easier management of the UI widgets enabling / disabling.
    • Auto detect Pixel OTA image and extract boot / init_boot / vbmeta for patching and flashing.
    • Add Full OTA mode, which flashes full OTA image, while optionally retaining root, and best of all, for A/B devices, both slots are bootable, you can even have one rooted and one not.
    New Release:
    June 21, 2023 v5.3.2.0 release
    • Added support for Pixel tablet (tangorpro).
      For future devices, fixed a bug to auto detect init_boot partition and flash init_boot instead of boot even if the device is newer than the PixelFlasher and is not in PixelFlasher's list.
    • Disable Patch buttons if device is not in adb mode.
    • Reboot to system after lock / unlock bootloader if No Reboot option is not selected.
    • Increase sleep after reboots to various modes to assure that slow devices have time to be detected.
    • Updated Readme and screenshots.
    • Minor improvements and bug fixes.