Themes / Apps / Mods 📳🔥PixelFlasher for Google Pixel 7 Pro Support Thread.

Search This thread

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
@badabing2003 sad to report the latest v4.5 doesn't launch at all for me. I double-click, the app icon zooms like it's launching, then the Finder window blinks and nothing happens.

I'm on MacOS 10.14.6 (previously I ran PixelFisher on MacOS 12 Monterey). Is there a minimum OS version I need? I'm checking the Github page but don't see mention of restrictions.
You went from Monterey to Mojave?
That's quite old
PF is build on Catalina.

1670282473815.png

Reactions: vurtomatic

JakeDHS07

Dec 15, 2010
North Salem NY
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This is probably why I'm confused!

Sorry please bear with me. It sounds like it's a do-over then?

Checking "disable verity/verification" in PixelFlasher won't cause the wipe.

But after doing that, my phone will automatically wipe itself when I restart it because of the toggles?

Cos I don't want to have to reinstall and set up everything again.
The phone will not automatically wipe but when it boots up, it will take you to the recovery and say that the data is corrupted and that you must perform a wipe. Once those toggles are disabled, as long as you do that every time you update then you won't have to wipe again

Reactions: vurtomatic

banshee28

Aug 31, 2010
Do you get any errors?
Are you on Ubuntu 22.04 or another Linux flavor / version ?
Latest Linux Mint
I double click on the file after I add exec to it as I normally do and nothing happens.

cli I get this:
Code:
[8385] Error loading Python lib '/tmp/_MEI26Pyp9/libpython3.10.so.1.0': dlopen: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.35' not found (required by /tmp/_MEI26Pyp9/libpython3.10.so.1.0)

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
Latest Linux Mint
I double click on the file after I add exec to it as I normally do and nothing happens.

cli I get this:
Code:
[8385] Error loading Python lib '/tmp/_MEI26Pyp9/libpython3.10.so.1.0': dlopen: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.35' not found (required by /tmp/_MEI26Pyp9/libpython3.10.so.1.0)
See my answer here and see if installing the library works.

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
New Release:
Dec 05, 2022 v4.6.0 release
  • Added single click button to easily flash just the boot/init_boot (stock or patched) to the phone.
  • #39 Display Flash Option changes in the console, and allow flashing to inactive slot in basic mode.
  • #39 Do the Magisk backup only when rooted.
  • Decouple OTA sideload from needing factory image.
  • Other minor improvements.

banshee28

Aug 31, 2010
See my answer here and see if installing the library works.
Yea looked into this but did not see this as a simple install, and I would rather not mess with changing the current setup. Would MInt eventually/soon get this update automatically?

I went back to my W laptop and tried the latest version there, and updated to the latest Platform tools 33.0.3, but on reboot it said device not found. I had this before when the Windows drivers were the older version.

I can create a support zip tomorrow if needed.

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
Yea looked into this but did not see this as a simple install, and I would rather not mess with changing the current setup. Would MInt eventually/soon get this update automatically?

I went back to my W laptop and tried the latest version there, and updated to the latest Platform tools 33.0.3, but on reboot it said device not found. I had this before when the Windows drivers were the older version.

I can create a support zip tomorrow if needed.
Yes please do.

Znil

Sep 6, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 6
Of course,
Just start PF in last state which should have everything already, toggle to (flash to inactive slot) make sure keep data is selected.
Flash
Your main slot will not be touched, the other slot will be flashed and become active.
Moving forward in the future monthly flashes, just flash to inactive slot, this way you always have something good to fallback to.
Is there a way to know if both slots are good? I did flash to inactive slot last time but I don't think my phone switched the active slot. I want to update now to the december update but I don't want to risk losing all data again. @badabing2003

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
Is there a way to know if both slots are good? I did flash to inactive slot last time but I don't think my phone switched the active slot. I want to update now to the december update but I don't want to risk losing all data again. @badabing2003
Your phone is working now, let's assume it is on slot a, do your update to flash to inactive slot.
If everything goes well, your phone should be on slot b and latest version, if your phone gotta back to a, then it would still be on Nov release. That shouldn't happen, but if does, create support.zip and let me take a look.

@badabing2003

First of all, thanks for a great tool.

Applying a firmware update to my new (but already manually magisk'ed P7P) for the first time, I ran into an issue though. The first flash (after a successful dry run) failed, I installed the patched version of the 221205 firmware to the inactive slot but the phone would not boot from either slot. A subsequent flash succeeded and brought the phone back

Logfilecut follows, what went wrong/did I do wrong? Thanks.

< waiting for 2A281FDH3009SP > Sending 'super' (5 KB) OKAY [ 0.000s] Updating super partition OKAY [ 1.046s] Resizing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.007s] Resizing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.006s] Resizing 'system_dlkm_a' OKAY [ 0.006s] Resizing 'system_ext_a' OKAY [ 0.004s] Resizing 'system_b' OKAY [ 0.004s] Resizing 'vendor_a' OKAY [ 0.019s] Resizing 'vendor_dlkm_a' OKAY [ 0.006s] Resizing 'vendor_b' OKAY [ 0.004s] archive does not contain 'boot_other.img' archive does not contain 'odm.img' archive does not contain 'odm_dlkm.img' extracting product.img (2778 MB) to disk... took 9.792s archive does not contain 'product.sig' Resizing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.009s] Sending sparse 'product_a' 1/11 (262112 KB) OKAY [ 0.595s] Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.277s] Sending sparse 'product_a' 2/11 (262124 KB) OKAY [ 0.508s] Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.275s] Sending sparse 'product_a' 3/11 (262128 KB) FAILED (Error reading sparse file) fastboot: error: Command failed rebooting to bootloader ... Rebooting into bootloader FAILED (Write to device failed (no link)) fastboot: error: Command failed Sleeping 5-10 seconds ... flashing pf_boot ... Warning: skip copying init_boot image avb footer (init_boot partition size: 0, init_boot image size: 8388608). Sending 'init_boot' (8192 KB) FAILED (Write to device failed (no link)) fastboot: error: Command failed rebooting to system ... Rebooting FAILED (Write to device failed (no link)) fastboot: error: Command failed 2022-12-06 12:36:52 Done! Flashing elapsed time: 160 seconds ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
@badabing2003

First of all, thanks for a great tool.

Applying a firmware update to my new (but already manually magisk'ed P7P) for the first time, I ran into an issue though. The first flash (after a successful dry run) failed, I installed the patched version of the 221205 firmware to the inactive slot but the phone would not boot from either slot. A subsequent flash succeeded and brought the phone back

Logfilecut follows, what went wrong/did I do wrong? Thanks.

< waiting for 2A281FDH3009SP > Sending 'super' (5 KB) OKAY [ 0.000s] Updating super partition OKAY [ 1.046s] Resizing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.007s] Resizing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.006s] Resizing 'system_dlkm_a' OKAY [ 0.006s] Resizing 'system_ext_a' OKAY [ 0.004s] Resizing 'system_b' OKAY [ 0.004s] Resizing 'vendor_a' OKAY [ 0.019s] Resizing 'vendor_dlkm_a' OKAY [ 0.006s] Resizing 'vendor_b' OKAY [ 0.004s] archive does not contain 'boot_other.img' archive does not contain 'odm.img' archive does not contain 'odm_dlkm.img' extracting product.img (2778 MB) to disk... took 9.792s archive does not contain 'product.sig' Resizing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.009s] Sending sparse 'product_a' 1/11 (262112 KB) OKAY [ 0.595s] Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.277s] Sending sparse 'product_a' 2/11 (262124 KB) OKAY [ 0.508s] Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.275s] Sending sparse 'product_a' 3/11 (262128 KB) FAILED (Error reading sparse file) fastboot: error: Command failed rebooting to bootloader ... Rebooting into bootloader FAILED (Write to device failed (no link)) fastboot: error: Command failed Sleeping 5-10 seconds ... flashing pf_boot ... Warning: skip copying init_boot image avb footer (init_boot partition size: 0, init_boot image size: 8388608). Sending 'init_boot' (8192 KB) FAILED (Write to device failed (no link)) fastboot: error: Command failed rebooting to system ... Rebooting FAILED (Write to device failed (no link)) fastboot: error: Command failed 2022-12-06 12:36:52 Done! Flashing elapsed time: 160 seconds ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks,
This is a communication problem between the phone and the computer.
It could be any of the following.
Bad cable, bad USB port, bad drivers, disruption during the flashing, old or buggy Android platform tools, using USB hub ...
People have better success using USB 2.0 port directly on the pc.

Reactions: Homeboy76
Thanks,
This is a communication problem between the phone and the computer.
It could be any of the following.
Bad cable, bad USB port, bad drivers, disruption during the flashing, old or buggy Android platform tools, using USB hub ...
People have better success using USB 2.0 port directly on the pc.
Ok, so I know where to look in case it happens again (the 2nd flash attempt succeeded and the phone is up).

For the tools, I use SDK Version: 33.0.3-8952118 and the USB-C cable is connected directly to the motherboard.

I assume that "flashing to the inactive slot" is usually the correct way to preserve the current active slot (though I wonder why I could not boot from any of the two slots)?

badabing2003

Recognized Contributor
Sep 17, 2012
I assume that "flashing to the inactive slot" is usually the correct way to preserve the current active slot (though I wonder why I could not boot from any of the two slots)?
Yes flashing to inactive slot is usually the correct way.
If you supply support.zip file, I can take a look as to why you couldn't boot.

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Well, my last Pixel was 2XL before adopted the 7 Pro last month,

Glad to find such an easy tool, flash everything smoothly while retaining root & everything. Kudos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Release:
    Apr 14, 2024 v6.9.2.0 change log:
    • Add a new experimental feature to downgrade without a wipe and potentially switch from Beta to Stable without a wipe (untested).
      Credit to @tbalden for the discovery and @capntrips for the details of the process.
    • Select any img file and get additional image info.
    • #190 fix, scrcpy launch improvement.
    • Improved Menu to disabled advanced features when it's not enabled in the settings. (Previously only other GUI elements were hidden or disabled).
    • If KernelSU or APatch is installed, report their version as part of device details.
    • Improved logging.
    • Improved santization.
    • Other minor improvements and added stability.
    Update Release:
    Apr 16, 2024 v6.9.2.5 change log:
    • Roll up MacOS related changes. #187 and #190
    • Logging improvements
    • When Magisk delta is installed, automatically set the package to: io.github.huskydg.magisk
    Update Release:
    Apr 09, 2024 v6.9.1.3 change log:
    • Fix regression introduced when refactoring code in KernelSU Patching.
    • #187 On MacOS, move the exit menu into PixelFlasher's file menu from the OS's native Exit menu.
    New Release:
    Mar 26, 2024 v6.9.0.0 change log:
    • Add support for patching KernelSU LKM (Kernel modules, GKI only). This is in addition to the classic KernelSU support.
    • Add support for patching with APatch
    • Rename Install Magisk to Install Root App as it now supports directly installing KernelSU and Apatch through PixelFlasher.
    • Add Install ZygiskNext module option in Magisk tool options.
    • Use UTF-8 encoding for the logifile instead of ISO-8859-1
    • Miscellaneous minor improvements.
    New Release:
    Apr 05, 2024 v6.9.1.0 change log:
    • #181 Handle KernelSU new output filename format.
    • #187 register exit menu id for MacOS to OS's "Exit" menu.
    • KernelSU bug fix and improvements.
    • Improved logging to further easy troubleshooting.
    • Update banned kernels list.
    • Update and re-add Magisk zygote64_32 canary with a forked URL.
    • Minor typo corrections and other improvements.
    PF_promo-banner.png

This is the support thread of PixelFlasher
    (PixelFlasher is an open-source self contained GUI tool to facilitate Pixel phone device flashing/rooting/updating with extra features).

Note: This thread is meant for issues and problems faced in Google Pixel 7 Pro devices, generic issues that are device agnostic should be discussed in the main thread.
    For full details on where to download / usage and feature set of the tool, visit the main thread at XDA or the project's Github page.

IMPORTANT:
    Please do not ask questions the answers of which are already stated in the OP.
    I will simply ignore the request, as I'm fed up of referring people to the post that has the answers.

Troubleshooting:
    If you need support or assistance, please generate and provide a support file from within PixelFlasher.
    You can hit that big Support button on the main screen, or select it from the Help menu.
    The generated support.zip file is sanitized (redacted) to keep your sensitive information (username device id ...) private.
    And no, a screenshot of the console or an excerpt from the console, does not make a support file.
    Clearly state the issue you're encountering, what actions did you take, and what outcome you observed, and what outcome you had expected.
    Do NOT modify the support file, keep it intact.
    • See this post.
    • Generate Sanitized support.zip file (File Menu) and submit that with your report.
    • If your anti-virus program is telling you that PixelFlasher is a malware, or you are concerned in any way, please check this post.
    New Release:
    Feb 05, 2023 v4.7.0 release
    • Added Magisk Backup Manager:
      • List all Magisk backups currently on the device.
      • Highlight the one that is backup of the current installed version.
      • Delete backups.
      • Manually add backup from PC.
      • Auto Backup: PixelFlasher figures out what needs to be backed up, and if it finds it on the PC, it creates the backup.
    • Added Reset on Magisk Manager package name setting to reset to default: com.topjohnwu.magisk
    • Linux / Mac build.sh now switches to the PixelFlasher folder if it is run from elsewhere.
    • Magisk installer improvements:
      • When installing Magisk Alpha or Delta, PixelFlasher updates the configuration to match the package name to the respective Magisk package.
      • Magisk installer window displays the package name.
      • You can now copy to clipboard, the download URL and package ID.
    • Magisk Manager columns are now wider for better readability.
    • Package Manager improvements:
      • Added Search / Filter option.
      • Show count of filtered packages.
      • Application Name (label column).
      • "Get Application Names" Button to resolve all package application names. This is a slow process, hence PixelFlasher caches them.
      • Button to download (pull) APKs from the device. (Multiple downloads in one shot is also supported).
      • Other under the hood improvements.
    • When selecting a firmware or ROM file, sha256 is printed to console and displayed on hover, to validate if it matches the published sha256.
    • More verbose logging that helps with troubleshooting.
    • Double click on "ADB Connected Devices" to invoke adb kill-server which is handy at times, specially when dealing with Wifi ADB.
    • Moved existing links under Help Menu | Links, and added few more handy links.
    • Added timestamp to support.zip filename.
    • On request, spinning cursor with text "Please be patient ..." is now displayed in red.
    • Flashing to inactive slot is now in basic configuration instead of advanced configuration.
    • Preparation work for version 5.0 DB improvements.
    New Release:
    Apr 10, 2023 v4.8.2 release
    • Include additional Magisk versions in the check to display a warning dialog when the user has installed one of the known versions to have issues.
    • Display USNF related flag values when selecting a device.
    • Check the downloaded Google firmware checksum to match the one in the filename and warn if it does not.
    • Link to download Google USB Driver is added in the help menu.
    • Added more visual troubleshooting event flows.
    • Install APK now defaults to Non Market.
    • Added Install APK cancel option.
    • You can now select an app in package manager and right click to launch it on the phone.
    • Minor bug fixes and other improvements.
    New Release:
    June 01, 2023 v5.2.0.0 release
    • Update build workflows
    • Add payload_dumper functionality to PixelFlasher to handle OTA files, thanks to vm03 for sharing source code.
    • Added rules engine code to better / easier management of the UI widgets enabling / disabling.
    • Auto detect Pixel OTA image and extract boot / init_boot / vbmeta for patching and flashing.
    • Add Full OTA mode, which flashes full OTA image, while optionally retaining root, and best of all, for A/B devices, both slots are bootable, you can even have one rooted and one not.
    New Release:
    June 21, 2023 v5.3.2.0 release
    • Added support for Pixel tablet (tangorpro).
      For future devices, fixed a bug to auto detect init_boot partition and flash init_boot instead of boot even if the device is newer than the PixelFlasher and is not in PixelFlasher's list.
    • Disable Patch buttons if device is not in adb mode.
    • Reboot to system after lock / unlock bootloader if No Reboot option is not selected.
    • Increase sleep after reboots to various modes to assure that slow devices have time to be detected.
    • Updated Readme and screenshots.
    • Minor improvements and bug fixes.