Themes / Apps / Mods PIXELIFY MAGISK MODULE - Call Recording, Unlimited Google Photo Upload + Other Features

Search This thread

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Tried it since Pixel 5, still using it on Pixel 6 Pro
What benefit are you getting running on Pixel 6 pro, just curious? Since from what I could tell at a quick glance is that most are standard on Pixel 6 pro?
One part I am curious about is the google unlimited storage, was going to use my old Pixel XL to upload free photos at full resolution.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

fuadhdmini

Oct 16, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 10
Google Pixel 5
What benefit are you getting running on Pixel 6 pro, just curious? Since from what I could tell at a quick glance is that most are standard on Pixel 6 pro?
One part I am curious about is the google unlimited storage, was going to use my old Pixel XL to upload free photos at full resolution.
because I didnt get the standard Pixel 6 pro features (Google Dialer features). that's the expected behavior for users from unsupported region.

I'm from Malaysia and had to import my Pixel 6 Pro myself using a forwader address service

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
It works. But side effect is no magic eraser
Are you absolutely sure of that? I read some discussions over the years and it appears that some time ago, Google "hardlocked" unlimited photo storage via a unique device ID that can't be just "spoofed", meaning this should be a placebo effect that you experience. I've seen people see "oh, the app says unlimited storage! noice!" but then if you closely looked at the actual data that your Google Account has, every upload still counted AGAINST that data, simply because Googles "hardlock" isn't that easy to fool. Meaning it means nothing if the app gives you the "go", you have to check the actual available MB/GB in your GAccount to verify it actually works.

Swingal

Nov 17, 2010
Bratislava
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Are you absolutely sure of that? I read some discussions over the years and it appears that some time ago, Google "hardlocked" unlimited photo storage via a unique device ID that can't be just "spoofed", meaning this should be a placebo effect that you experience. I've seen people see "oh, the app says unlimited storage! noice!" but then if you closely looked at the actual data that your Google Account has, every upload still counted AGAINST that data, simply because Googles "hardlock" isn't that easy to fool. Meaning it means nothing if the app gives you the "go", you have to check the actual available MB/GB in your GAccount to verify it actually works.
Here is the proof. Also I noticed in dialer some text of unsuported device. Ot goes out when you touch the screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220127-193257.png
    Screenshot_20220127-193257.png
    244 KB · Views: 524
  • Screenshot_20220127-192937~2.png
    Screenshot_20220127-192937~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 530
  • Screenshot_20220127-193049.png
    Screenshot_20220127-193049.png
    268.7 KB · Views: 526
Reactions: duttyend

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Might just setup a replication to my pixel xl, and get that to sync my photos. I am really surprised google aren't all over this and using other exif information to determine the camera

You are correct original pixel was the only model to have unlimited at original resolution, which is why I kept my pixel xl.

niko26

May 5, 2010
Are you absolutely sure of that? I read some discussions over the years and it appears that some time ago, Google "hardlocked" unlimited photo storage via a unique device ID that can't be just "spoofed",
Hm, why shouldn't it possible to spoof the device ID on a rooted device?

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sorry in advance for the slight OT:

For a part of a year, while my wife and I were using the Samsung Note 10+ between our Pixel 1's and Pixel 6's, I was using SyncThing on both our old Pixel 1's, kept charging and on Wi-Fi all the time, and on our Note 10+'s. I was just keeping things simple by having the Note 10+'s sync the entire internal storage, even though I had 512 GB on those and only 128 GB on the Pixel 1's, but most of the time I kept them pretty clear, and I had the Pixel 1's backing up in original quality.

It kinda worked, but there was definite evidence that something wasn't working right, or not working right all the time, or any more, because my wife's Google account ran out of space suddenly. She had the "basic" 15 GB and hardly used Google/GMail for anything, whereas I had 19 GB due to free bonuses over the years, plus I'd been using Google as my primary EMail, and Drive as my primary office document service for a long time. My account was getting fuller, too.

So I'm not sure if Google got wise over time, if it worked for awhile and then stopped, or what happened. I stopped using Google Photos completely except for historical stuff for the rest of the time we had the Samsungs. Once I knew I was likely going to pre-order us the 6 Pros on October 19th, I went ahead and bought into Google One's 2 TB plan so I could get the 10% store credit. I'm not positive if I can keep the credit that I haven't used, and downgrade to a lesser plan that I need right now, or if they might adjust my credit if I did that, unless I spend it first.

TL;DR: I gave up and bought in. :D

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Did you already try the steps mentioned in the GitHub?
I have a feeling it might work and that people aren't following the steps. It literally says on the GitHub that it will not work if you don't follow the listed steps lol. But since I have already bought in, I'm probably not gonna give it a shot anytime soon =)

But heck, if the rumors regarding the S22 line are true (that they will be using Snapdragon chips world-wide), then I might get that phone if the bootloader can be unlocked and then give this a shot, haha.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I installed this module and it looks like call recording and other stuff is working... has anyone else tried it? :)

because I didnt get the standard Pixel 6 pro features (Google Dialer features). that's the expected behavior for users from unsupported region.

I'm from Malaysia and had to import my Pixel 6 Pro myself using a forwader address service
    "Unlimited Google Photo Upload" <- does this really work without any negative side effects?
    It works. But side effect is no magic eraser
    Sorry in advance for the slight OT:

For a part of a year, while my wife and I were using the Samsung Note 10+ between our Pixel 1's and Pixel 6's, I was using SyncThing on both our old Pixel 1's, kept charging and on Wi-Fi all the time, and on our Note 10+'s. I was just keeping things simple by having the Note 10+'s sync the entire internal storage, even though I had 512 GB on those and only 128 GB on the Pixel 1's, but most of the time I kept them pretty clear, and I had the Pixel 1's backing up in original quality.

It kinda worked, but there was definite evidence that something wasn't working right, or not working right all the time, or any more, because my wife's Google account ran out of space suddenly. She had the "basic" 15 GB and hardly used Google/GMail for anything, whereas I had 19 GB due to free bonuses over the years, plus I'd been using Google as my primary EMail, and Drive as my primary office document service for a long time. My account was getting fuller, too.

So I'm not sure if Google got wise over time, if it worked for awhile and then stopped, or what happened. I stopped using Google Photos completely except for historical stuff for the rest of the time we had the Samsungs. Once I knew I was likely going to pre-order us the 6 Pros on October 19th, I went ahead and bought into Google One's 2 TB plan so I could get the 10% store credit. I'm not positive if I can keep the credit that I haven't used, and downgrade to a lesser plan that I need right now, or if they might adjust my credit if I did that, unless I spend it first.

TL;DR: I gave up and bought in. :D
    "Unlimited Google Photo Upload" <- does this really work without any negative side effects?