PixelUI 13.0- Android 13 for Redmi Note 8/8T (Ginkgo/Willow)

Search This thread

edwindrl

Nov 20, 2014
VoWifi option is not available, and the fast chargue donts work show slow chargue , storage info dont open

carlosbrador

Feb 6, 2015
Still updating?
Bugs, battery usage (better, worse, same), 48mpx (work), call problems?
The only thing not working for me is the camera but apparently with Magisk it works but not sure what exactly how to make it work.

Edit: using gcamator lets you find a working version of gcam just scroll through the list once you get the app and find Redmi Note 8 (ignore the device not found)

Last edited:
Reactions: Luigi2201

APOLLONS

May 19, 2014
Palembang
so.. does anyone has a problem with mobile data does not work?
it's say's in the internet tab network unavailable, but i could dial a number tho'(which mean that the sim card working)
im using the latest version(PixelUI_Ginkgo-13.0-20220810-1014) & latest version of magisk(canary)
in the previous version specifically PixelUI_Ginkgo-13.0-20220717-0249 the mobile data work fine, because that's the version i use before updating to latest version(dirty flash)
so am i missing something or it's just broken in the newer version?? thx

EDIT: I FOUND IT! ok the problem itself was the APN, but what's wierd was when it reset APN, it did not fetch the default APN. meaning that the APN itself was blank and you need to configure it manually which is sucks, so i guess is it consider to be a bug or is it suppose to be blank in this rom?

Last edited:

Luigi2201

Mar 1, 2022
Redmi Note 8
so.. does anyone has a problem with mobile data does not work?
it's say's in the internet tab network unavailable, but i could dial a number tho'(which mean that the sim card working)
im using the latest version(PixelUI_Ginkgo-13.0-20220810-1014) & latest version of magisk(canary)
in the previous version specifically PixelUI_Ginkgo-13.0-20220717-0249 the mobile data work fine, because that's the version i use before updating to latest version(dirty flash)
so am i missing something or it's just broken in the newer version?? thx

EDIT: I FOUND IT! ok the problem itself was the APN, but what's wierd was when it reset APN, it did not fetch the default APN. meaning that the APN itself was blank and you need to configure it manually which is sucks, so i guess is it consider to be a bug or is it suppose to be blank in this rom?
Suppose to be blank.
In the usually stock rom we use the default apn, that sometimes work and sometimes not (90% - 10%), in this rom it's not added a default apn.

Luigi2201

Mar 1, 2022
Redmi Note 8
Hi, are there any errors in this latest PixelUI13?
Could you kindly share the experience to me?
Hi i'm actually using this version PixelUI_Ginkgo-13.0-20220817-1319.zip (last), i think it's a good rom, and very simply to use, but there are some bugs:
- Camera not working, you need to install gcam (MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV2b_snap.apk);
- 48mpx not working in gcam;
- Add manually the apn in the settings if you want use mobile connection (search your operator name + apn and go in Settings/Network/Sim/(Scroll down)Access point)
- There is a bug who give E and not 4G for connection, enable and disable the airplane mode;
- (sometimes) Energy saving doesn't make appear the message if you don't open app (for me whatsapp);
- (sometimes) Bluethoot doesn't work and crash, restart the device 2 or 3 times and wait 2/3 hour;
- (not a bug but a little thing that i don't like) There is no app lock, and for me the battery discharges a little quickly;
Edit: aod in the last update seems not working;

There is a thing that i love and is the AOD (always on display), it's not much customizable but it's cool.
But all i think it's a usable daily rom

P.S: If there are many errors sorry, english is not my best.

Last edited:

Luigi2201

Mar 1, 2022
Redmi Note 8
After i flashed recovery because magisk doesn't work (reading the passage of the original magisk site), i rebooted and after i insert screen pin the phone goes black screen and block the screen itself, asking to insert the pin after the restart
Tryed to re-flash twrp recovery and the rom, seems not working.
Did i broke launcher, help?

Solved: erase cache and data and reinstall all

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bfinal.jpg

What is this?
    PixelUI is based on Stock
    (Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a 5G, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro)

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    Whats working?
    - Wi-Fi
    - RIL
    - Mobile data
    - GPS
    - Camera
    - Flashlight
    - Recorder
    - Bluetooth
    - FM radio
    - Fingerprint reader
    - Lights
    - Sound/vibration
    - More
    Known issues
    - Nothing yet
    - You tell me

Device Changelogs
    - Based on Pixel 5a 5G Android 13 Beta 1
    - Back to VNDK31
    - Fixed Battery draining
    - Fixed Animation lags
    - Fixed HDR On Gcam
    - Added pie chromatix libs for enhance camera quality
    - Added some system related files for improve smoothness
    - Upstream kernel to sixten
    - Cts Passed by default

Flashing Instructions
    Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):
    • Download ROM from the link above
    • Download Magisk v23.0 or newer (optionally)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data (if encrypted)
    • Wipe system, vendor, cache, dalvik, data
    • Flash ROM zip
    • Reboot

Updating to a newer build (dirty flash):
    • Wipe dalvik and cache (optional)
    • Flash ROM zip and magisk (optional)
    • Reboot
    Telegram: Channel | Groups
    Github: https://ishanchirps.github.io/PixelUI-12.0

ROM Maintainer : Ishanchirps
    ROM OS Version: Android 13 Beta 1
    Vendor Source : Github
    Vendor Credit : Saalim
    ROM Kernel : Linux 4.14.x
    Kernel Source code: https://github.com/pixel-ginkgo/kernel_xiaomi_ginkgo/tree/twelve
    Latest Release Date: 28 April 2022
    Guys, the Phone is not working... seriously I cannot hear anything nether the others. Microphone and Speaker works with other applications.
    The most basic thing for a phone that should have worked is not working!
    Flash magisk
    Mobile data connection nor working, also no camera app
    Flash Magisk 24.2+