• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

PixysOS v4.0.5 [OFFICIAL] [R] Android 11.0 for zuk z2 plus

Search This thread

blueman24

Apr 28, 2013
Hello dev @aswin_a_s
There seems to be a problem with bluetooth due to which some bluetooth 5.0 earbuds don't work properly. During a call, the earbuds basically don't work and you can't hear the caller. To me, it looks like some issue with switching to the correct bluetooth profile for call or something like that. I've tested this with multiple earbuds and strangely it only happens on some earbuds while others work fine.
To get to the root of the problem, I flashed stock zui and everything started working as expected. After that, I flashed Android 10 based rom and lo and behold, the problem was back. I decided to go back further and flashed Pie based rom (I could only find the link for Pixel exp), and to my surprise the Bluetooth worked fine on that ROM.

idk what the issue is, maybe the radio files were updated when going from pie to ten (I noticed that the Pie based rom has the old network fluctuation issue). Let me know if there are any logs, etc that I can help with so we can hopefully get this issue fixed.

Reactions: baath

aswin_a_s

Recognized Developer
Hello dev @aswin_a_s
There seems to be a problem with bluetooth due to which some bluetooth 5.0 earbuds don't work properly. During a call, the earbuds basically don't work and you can't hear the caller. To me, it looks like some issue with switching to the correct bluetooth profile for call or something like that. I've tested this with multiple earbuds and strangely it only happens on some earbuds while others work fine.
To get to the root of the problem, I flashed stock zui and everything started working as expected. After that, I flashed Android 10 based rom and lo and behold, the problem was back. I decided to go back further and flashed Pie based rom (I could only find the link for Pixel exp), and to my surprise the Bluetooth worked fine on that ROM.

idk what the issue is, maybe the radio files were updated when going from pie to ten (I noticed that the Pie based rom has the old network fluctuation issue). Let me know if there are any logs, etc that I can help with so we can hopefully get this issue fixed.
Did you tried changing codec ?
Anyway pm me logs

blueman24

Apr 28, 2013
ok wow that was fast :)
Yeah, i tried changing the codec and few other things, none of which worked.
Currently I am flashing back to PixysOS 4.0.4 after which I will get to the logs.
btw, thanks for still supporting our old ZUK

chickenrib

Feb 6, 2014
Guanzhou
Hi. I found an audio issue. @aswin_a_s

ROM: PixysOS-v4.0.4-20210204 (clean install, of course) with Magisk 21.4

When I use reader app (Moon+ Reader Pro v6.4, Pocketbook Reader v4.37) with TTS (like Google Text-to-speech, etc...) to listen ebook, then:
1. Audio output would stop suddenly a few minutes later,
2. Volume control panel did not appear when I presssing volume key,
3. Reader app did not respond,
also, system may soft restar. (the most serious situation)

Saddly, for this reason, I have to restore to Pie ROM. Did anybody face same issue?

Last edited:

fandune

Jul 9, 2009
Hi,

I've been happily using PixysOS v4.0.3 for about a month now, and it does look & feel nice, but:

1. the google phone app does not work as expected: when I receive a call, the phone rings, but nothing is displayed on the screen. The screen does not wake up (if locked), or if unlocked it does not show anything related to the phone app (can't see the caller, can't answer or decline the call, etc.). If the caller hangs up, I can see a missed call. At the same time, I am able to start calls from my phone.
Later edit: I am now able to receive calls: went to phone settings -> applications -> phone -> by default, it was set to "Phone app: No". Switching this to yes solved the issue.

2. browsing through the phone's settings, it tells me about the existing update (v4.0.4) and I have the option to download & install; when I click on download, it says that the download failed due to network errors. The thing is that all other apps are able to access the network allright.

Phone is Zuk Z2 Plus, using both 4G data & WiFi, build number of the OS is RQ1A.210105.003, which I installed following the instructions in the original post to the letter. Also, using NikGAPPS-basic-arm64-11-20201231.

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work!

chickenrib

Feb 6, 2014
Guanzhou
Hi. I found an audio issue. @aswin_a_s

ROM: PixysOS-v4.0.4-20210204 (clean install, of course) with Magisk 21.4

When I use reader app (Moon+ Reader Pro v6.4, Pocketbook Reader v4.37) with TTS (like Google Text-to-speech, etc...) to listen ebook, then:
1. Audio output would stop suddenly a few minutes later,
2. Volume control panel did not appear when I presssing volume key,
3. Reader app did not respond,
also, system may soft restar. (the most serious situation)

Saddly, for this reason, I have to restore to Pie ROM. Did anybody face same issue?
There are related log files. @aswin_a_s

Attachments

• tombstones.zip
    749.6 KB · Views: 4

rod_i

Sep 24, 2016
Buitenzorg
Update from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4:

1. random reboot
2. battery drain fast
3. speakers has no sound after about ten minutes start some apps
4. magisk root zip doesn't work (all magisk version), facing bootloop if you flash it.

I can confirm 4.0.3 is more stable, I tried pixy 4.0.3 vannila + nikkgapps + latest nameless kernel from telegram group, works good on my device.

awesome rom, thank you.

flel

Mar 2, 2011
Berlin
I havent really used my ZUK Z2 Plus for some time, it is my secondary phone.

I recently changed the fingerprint sensor of my ZUK Z2 Plus, that seemed to have worked. At least I can unlock the phone. However, the phone does not detect the sim card anymore. It recognises that there is a Vodafone card in the slot, but I do not get a signal. The sim card works in another phone, another sim card does not work in the ZUK. I tried both slots. I do not know if the timing of changing the FP coincides with the SIM card issue, I havent used a SIM in the phone for ages

I flashed Zui.4.0.186.Z2_plus.qpst but still i do not get a signal. Any ideas?

NaXal

Oct 31, 2017
Kolkata
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
OnePlus 8T
flel said:
I flashed Zui.4.0.186.Z2_plus.qpst but still i do not get a signal. Any ideas?

When in doubt, its always better to first revert back to the stock ROM and setup.

So first locate your bootloader unlocking image and then use QPST to restore back to the stock ROM/Recovery. Use the Chinese version as it will allow you to OTA upto the latest ZUI and giving you the latest baseband

Check if the problem is still there or not.

If the stock ROM too has the same issue, then you can pin point the issue to be with hardware. But if the stock setup is working fine, then you can unlock the bootloader, flash the latest TWRP and try different Custom ROMs

Thanks.

Rit2005

Jan 27, 2021
Hello guys I am facing a problem in pixyos 4.0.4 Feb build. When I turn on dark mode the background in my app drawer still in white and the app labels are still white , it is so annoying to watch through the background , please help me to enable full dark mode

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210307-225552_Pixys_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210307-225552_Pixys_Launcher.png
    776.5 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: A331709

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

This will be last build of PixysOS as my device is not on working state anymore
    I have genuinely enjoyed my four years here Thank you for your support and encouragement during this tenure.
    I learned many things from here .

Now the time has arrived to move on .
    I hope zukku will see more android versions and nice works So once again thank you so much for all who stood with me in my ups and downs and be safe

If you have liked my works ; donate me or hit thanks 🙃
    See you all around
    PixysOS 4.0.3 new build up !!

Changelog

Sign Tether RROs with default certificate
    Remove obsolete dex settings
    Kernel : merged v4.4.249
    January Security Patch Merged
    Added Call Recording (only for non Gapps Version)
    Fixed device controls
    Fixed ime space
    apn issues should be fixed

Download
    PixysOS 4.0.2 new build Up !!!

Changelog

* switched back & Updated CarrierConfig from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-02800-89xx.0
    * kernel: merged 4.4.247
    * Fixed chrome sync
    * Fixed apn reset on reboot
    * December Security Patch Merged
    * Fixed wallpaperpicker crash
    * Updated smart space from redfin
    * Updated gapps
    * Fixed styles resetting after reboot
    * Fixed safetynet
    * Added battery estimates
    * Removed now playing
    * Pad ime_switcher same as navbar
    * minor ui/ux improvements

Now onwards there will be two builds every month 👇
    1. security patch & fixes (as soon as Google releases sp)
    2. Feature update (mostly 3rd monday every month )

Download from official site
    PixysOS 4.0.4
    New Build available

Changelog

Rom side:

* February Security Patch Merged
    * Added battery icon customisation
    * Added oos Vowifi icon
    * Volte icon toggle
    * Aggressive battery
    * Lockscreen media art toggle
    * Moved fod anim to standalone package
    * Added lockscreen charging info
    * Added warp charging
    * 4g instead of lte toggle
    * Enabled privacy icons
    * Fixed ok Google detection
    * Fixed hardware attestation
    * Launcher3: added applock
    * Launcher: added kill app
    * Launcher: fixed smart space widget
    * Launcher: improved app drawer ui
    * Launcher: added icon pack
    * Launcher: added toggle for suggestions
    * New default wall
    * Moved ui blur option to display settings
    * Added qs media player toggle in pixyssettings
    * ambient Music ticker
    * Updated Carriersettings
    * increase 5ghz network tolerance
    * Improved ui blur effect
    * Allow to pulse on new music tracks

Device:

* updated all daisy Q blobs from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx.0
    * Updated Graphics stack from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx.0
    * Fixed deepsleep
    * Updated ims/qmi/ril stack from tissot & LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx.0
    * Fixed bluetooth file transfer issues
    * Updated vendor security patch to 2020-11-05
    * cleaned up many useless packages/blobs
    * Kernel : merged 4.4.250

Download from official site

Screenshots
    Is there any way to custom button actions ? And turn off suggested apps ? (this last i couldnt find the option on home setting).

Option to disable homescreen & app drawer suggestions will be added on next build