Plants vs Zombies HD

Search This thread

j0hnny_5

Jun 24, 2010
Okay I am so addicted to this game, but after the Amazon official app kept freezing on me, i ran into a Tablet Optimized apk of plants vs zombies off google "just google plants vs zombies HD apk" well its noted that a tegra 2 is required to run the game. well afyer sideloading it I was stunned to see the vast improvement in graphics, I was so excited, so then after starting a new adventure, i came to notice all the sprites "Zombies and plants" show up as solid black boxes...... so i want to see if anyone has had sucess running this HD version of the game on their gtabs. ive also noticed this same phenomenon on Vendetta online.. or if anyone knows what is causing the black boxes to show instead of the graphics.... a friend of mine told me to try and install chainfire 3d to lower the detail of the graphics, which does in fact fix the black box issue, but leaves the whole background completely trashed. im stuck. I WANT TO GET THIS GAME TO WORK ON MY GTAB lol:confused:

Attachments

• IMAG0073.jpg
    IMAG0073.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:

j0hnny_5

Jun 24, 2010
im running it on Cyanogen Mod 7.0.3, i tried it on honeycomb, but would not make it past the lading screen..

imdaman99

Jan 10, 2010
NYC
I know this is not what you wanna hear, but it only works perfectly on Vegan 5.1.1 stock kernel. I installed that and haven't looked back since. I miss the bells and whistles of Vegan GE but 5.1.1 ain't so bad. In a few days I will probably install Calkulin with the 5.1.1 kernel. There is no chance that it will work on Cya at the moment. You have to learn to accept it.

j0hnny_5

Jun 24, 2010
when i use chainfire 3d, and reduce texture quality, im able to load up the sprites, but makes the backroung all funky, but this makes the game playable... but not enjoyable....

Attachments

• IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 331

j0hnny_5

Jun 24, 2010
I know this is not what you wanna hear, but it only works perfectly on Vegan 5.1.1 stock kernel. I installed that and haven't looked back since. I miss the bells and whistles of Vegan GE but 5.1.1 ain't so bad. In a few days I will probably install Calkulin with the 5.1.1 kernel. There is no chance that it will work on Cya at the moment. You have to learn to accept it.

imdaman ur thinking about the official plants vs zombies app from amazon, this is the HD tegra 2 version ripped from a lenovo Lepad i believe.... i tried this on vegan tab rom, and still get the same issue.... in thinking this has to do with our tabs ram being only 512mb instead of 1gb

Last edited:

wtang

Oct 5, 2009
I had the same problem with this HD version of Plants vs Zombies. The Amazon version was freezing for me as well so I sideloaded this HD version on my Gtab running Vegan 5.1.1. The kicker is this HD version looks great and doesn't freeze, but I can't see the plants and zombies... just black blocks. If you get this HD version working please let us know how you did it.

Also, you may want to post this question in the Apps & Themes section because you may get more responses over there.

Xargon321

Mar 1, 2011
load chainfire 3d and install the driver. go into chainfire and check the option to lower texture quality. load plants vs zombies hd and start the game when you see the preview of the zombies starting press the home button. then go into the game again this should cause the background texture to display properly or it will be a black background but when the level actually start the background should pop into place.

this fix seems to work until you go back to the menu then it garbles back up quit out of the game completely and restart to redo the trick

j0hnny_5

Jun 24, 2010
load chainfire 3d and install the driver. go into chainfire and check the option to lower texture quality. load plants vs zombies hd and start the game when you see the preview of the zombies starting press the home button. then go into the game again this should cause the background texture to display properly or it will be a black background but when the level actually start the background should pop into place.

this fix seems to work until you go back to the menu then it garbles back up quit out of the game completely and restart to redo the trick

Awesome!!!!! this does the trick, its a little of an annoyance but hey, its working!!! it will hold me off til amazon releases a tablet version

wtang

Oct 5, 2009
I just had an idea. If the problem is that the GTab doesn't have enough memory, maybe it will help to run a swap file. You know, something like Swapper2 in the Androiod Market. Has anyone ever tried to run Swapper2 on the GTab?

j0hnny_5

Jun 24, 2010
I just had an idea. If the problem is that the GTab doesn't have enough memory, maybe it will help to run a swap file. You know, something like Swapper2 in the Androiod Market. Has anyone ever tried to run Swapper2 on the GTab?

i had the same exact though, but never had success with swapper2, keeps fc

Xargon321

Mar 1, 2011
i think it has something to do with the graphic driver because GB dont have a proper on it messes up

Jul 6, 2011
I was unable to play PvZ with most ROMs, but lately I was able to run it with both PacMan and Eclipse ROMs (based on the DRH drivers). PvZ seems to be very CPU hungry, I had to lower my overclocking (from 1.5G down to 1.4G, if I remember corerctly) to avoid crashes