• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Plastic cut out at the top

Search This thread

louie875

Jun 1, 2012
Hi all,

I am in the UK and gave received my pixel 6 pro in the sorta sunny variant and it has the plastic cut out at the top. My understanding was the only US carrier variants would have this, can anyone confirm their UK version also has the cut out at the top.

Thanks

mikemod

Feb 3, 2008
UK Stormy pro, no cutout on mine

What does it say on the back of the box, mine says not compatible with 5G mmWave.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

louie875

Jun 1, 2012
UK Stormy pro, no cutout on mine

What does it say on the back of the box, mine says not compatible with 5G mmWave.
Mine also says non compatible with mmWave, I feel as though I've had a US variant packed in a UK box. Has the cut out at the top which I've heard shouldn't be the case for the UK variant.

Guyinlaca

Sep 13, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The standard Pixel 6 does not have the antenna header due to lack of mmWave, even on most North American models. Given that the Pixel 6 Pro supports mmWave in North America, It's unclear whether Google redesigned the top of it for Europe or just left that antenna header there. It probably helps improve reception regardless. Probably the best thing about the black model is that the header blends into the frame better than the white or sunny models.

Reactions: sirshakealot

mikemod

Feb 3, 2008
My mistake is that the matt bit along the top, I thought it was a physical cutout. Yes mine is the same.

One thing I have noticed is that where my 3XL got a 4G signal in my house no problems, the 6P is showing H+ until I go outside.

Keith W

Apr 18, 2011
Edinburgh
My mistake is that the matt bit along the top, I thought it was a physical cutout. Yes mine is the same.

One thing I have noticed is that where my 3XL got a 4G signal in my house no problems, the 6P is showing H+ until I go outside.

Have you tried putting your phone into flight mode for a few mins then turning it off again?

This sometimes helps with this kind of issue.

Hope this is of some help

mikemod

Feb 3, 2008
Have you tried putting your phone into flight mode for a few mins then turning it off again?

Thanks Keith, There was an update came through this morning and now the phone seems to be getting 4G inside as well.
I had tried rebooting yesterday but it didn't help but looks like its ok now.

louie875

Jun 1, 2012
Thanks everyone, I just guess there is some misinformation out there at the moment then as I've seen a few places saying that the cut out is only for US variants with mmWave, assume it's one design for all and some have mmWave and some don't.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks Keith, There was an update came through this morning and now the phone seems to be getting 4G inside as well.
    I had tried rebooting yesterday but it didn't help but looks like its ok now.
    mmWave requires the cutout to work
    The standard Pixel 6 does not have the antenna header due to lack of mmWave, even on most North American models. Given that the Pixel 6 Pro supports mmWave in North America, It's unclear whether Google redesigned the top of it for Europe or just left that antenna header there. It probably helps improve reception regardless. Probably the best thing about the black model is that the header blends into the frame better than the white or sunny models.

Thanks everyone, I just guess there is some misinformation out there at the moment then as I've seen a few places saying that the cut out is only for US variants with mmWave, assume it's one design for all and some have mmWave and some don't.