Lenovo P2
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
    eiOWgKr.png

Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

This is still experimental.
    Camera is not working yet

This is an unofficial build of CM11.0.
    This is an attempt to stay close to official cm11.0 and not make crazy hacks to make things working.

This is a pure CM build, only contains official CM features. I will not add any other external feature/app/etc.

For an up-to date working/not working list, bug tracker, useful guides & FAQ, visit our website:
    http://legacyxperia.github.io

WARNING: This ROM uses a modified internal memory layout.
    Our /system partition is originally 400MB but this space is not enough for a fluid kitkat experience and a full installation with proper google apps.
    Our /cache partition is also too small to fit art-cache when we enable the ART runtime. We originally had 100MB /cache but art-cache needs ~150mb of free space.
    I have repartitioned the internal memory layout, giving:
    450mb in /system
    469,5mb in /data
    8mb in /cache

If you want to use this ROM you will always have to use the included kernel or use a kernel that includes the layour changes. Bug reports with non-standard kernels will be ignored.
    You will have to wipe the device and make a clean install.
    You cannot restore nandroid backups from previous android versions or restore nandroid backups from this ROM to other ROMs that don't use the new partition layout since you risk corrupting the data.
    I suggest to use Titanium Backup, Helium or any other similar app to backup your data if you really need to.

Requirements:
    * Have the stock ICS 4.1.B.0.587 full ftf flashed (doesn't matter if you have flashed it in the past or if you flash it before installing cm11.0, it will work both ways)
    * LT15i (Arc) users need to flash LT18i (Arc S) ftf
    * MT15i (Neo) users need to flash MT11i (Neo V) ftf
    * R800i (Play) users need to flash MT25i (Neo L) ftf

Steps required for correct installation (order is important):
    1: Flash boot.img in fastboot & reboot into recovery
    1.1 (optional): If the device is not booting, reboot to bootloader again and run:
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase userdata
    2: Enter recovery, go to mounts and storage
    3: Format /system, then /data and then /cache (Important step!)
    4: Flash update zip
    5: Flash gapps (recommended package is the one provided in the link below)

Steps 1.1, 2 & 3 are not needed when you install new cm11 nightlies on top of older cm11 builds in the future

If you want to return to a ROM that doesn't use the new partition layout, you need to follow the above steps again (only replace boot.img & update zip with the ones you want to use).

How to build:
    [GUIDE][DEV] How I build my own CM11.0 test builds

Changelog:
    Release/nightly changes

Working/Non-working list
    CM11.0 with new kernel 3.4 status

Downloads:
    https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/LegacyXperia
    PLEASE DON'T MIRROR OUR UPLOADS

Recommended Google Apps:
    Google Apps Minimal Edition

KCzv621.png

NOTE:
    Following xda's rule #12 spirit: If you are developing something that is based on my work, you MUST first seek my permission, you must add my name in the credits and you must add links pointing to my original thread and to my github sources.
    Breaking this rule will lead me to report the thread to the moderators.

NEW!!! BUG Tracker
    If you want to help fixing those bugs, please report the bugs in the bug tracker. Thanks!
    Logs are needed (logcat/dmesg/last_kmsg), not just "got FC" or "+1" useless replies.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LegacyXperia, ROM for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Contributors
    mikeioannina, nobodyAtall, pcfighter, Blefish
    Source Code: https://github.com/LegacyXperia

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest version of official ICS firmware: 4.1.B.0.587 or the latest supported baseband: 8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028G-77
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: nightly 20140702
    Beta Release Date: 2014-07-02

Created 2014-07-02
    Last Updated 2014-11-30

EsromTech

Recognized Developer
    Jul 10, 2012
    São Paulo
    Congratulations Mike, you did a great job, where I can help I will be testing ...
    I would also like to say something, I have a Galaxy 5 and the most popular developer for he had space problems for kitkat, but he and the crew are androidarmv6 of parabens, the Galaxy 5 has only 160 mb of space for system and flows nicely ....

Reactions: DiamondBond

Reiven89

May 31, 2013
    Wow its not a dream anymore to have a working kitkat release for xperia play :) thanks dev!

Sent from my R800i using XDA Free mobile app

deccan451

Jan 31, 2013
    hyderabad
    Redmi Note 8
    Why and which mt25i ftf do we have to flash?

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Play mit Tapatalk

to make system partition bigger same as neo l .. 400mb again flash lxp kernel to increase system partition even bigger 450mb ..
    congrats guys finally has a kitkat build on play & neo .. credits to developers now whole 2011 devices on latest android ( not the android l :p) :good:

awkXda

Jan 28, 2013
    Amazing work!

Do wifi/camera etc seem like big obstacles still?

As for the comment about ART in the second post, is that ever going to be a possibility? It would be a great speed improvement for our old hardware.
    On a side note, how the stability with only 8 MB of cache? Is it ever going to be possible to move the cache to the SD for example, or reduce the system size by moving a lot of system apps into data?

Thank you so much for having taken it this far! This is amazing in itself!

Last edited:

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
    shiraz
    device will work normal with 8mb cash partition
    but there are some apps in google play that they will link cache to sd card and u can use them if you want but as i said phone will work like normal with 8mb cache

about art i think it was working in other 2011 devices but im not sure
    but it doesnt help you too much :)

[email protected]

Feb 19, 2012
    Treviso
    ART in KitKat is still really experimental, you can turn it on, but the only big difference from Dalvik is that the first installation is slower (and also that lots of app aren't compatible).
    If you really want to use ART pick a Nexus device and try the Dev preview of Android L, in this newer version you can see a difference (and it is still under development, really curious to try the official Android L this year).

saqibkhan

Sep 23, 2012
    thread is turning into a discussion thread.. though its Dev .. !!

and would have been better to post kernel once atleast WIFI works .. else its same as 4.4.2 and cm11 we tested some days back.

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
  • Mar 22, 2011
    Ioannina
    Lenovo P2
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
    thread is turning into a discussion thread.. though its Dev .. !!

and would have been better to post kernel once atleast WIFI works .. else its same as 4.4.2 and cm11 we tested some days back.

It's not the same. A lot of small bugs including front keys have been fixed.
    I wanted to roll some builds so more people can test for both devices so I can have a base to start working on fixing the remaining bugs

Last edited:

CriGiu

Apr 6, 2012
    I can't find any download :(

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Builds for both devices will be uploaded until tomorrow.

Next time please read OP's posts

Anyways, thank you Mike for what you've done, this really should be on the xda news :)
    About Wifi, I know it may sound ridiculous, but has anyone tried changing wifi.interface=eth0 to wifi.interface=wlan0 into build.prop and then adding persist.wifienabled=1? The persist option helped a lot back when ics beta was released

Inviato dal mio GT-P1010 con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Mumijilo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      eiOWgKr.png

Code:
      [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="Navy"]/*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
       */[/COLOR]

This is still experimental.
      Camera is not working yet

This is an unofficial build of CM11.0.
      This is an attempt to stay close to official cm11.0 and not make crazy hacks to make things working.

This is a pure CM build, only contains official CM features. I will not add any other external feature/app/etc.

For an up-to date working/not working list, bug tracker, useful guides & FAQ, visit our website:
      http://legacyxperia.github.io

WARNING: This ROM uses a modified internal memory layout.
      Our /system partition is originally 400MB but this space is not enough for a fluid kitkat experience and a full installation with proper google apps.
      Our /cache partition is also too small to fit art-cache when we enable the ART runtime. We originally had 100MB /cache but art-cache needs ~150mb of free space.
      I have repartitioned the internal memory layout, giving:
      450mb in /system
      469,5mb in /data
      8mb in /cache

If you want to use this ROM you will always have to use the included kernel or use a kernel that includes the layour changes. Bug reports with non-standard kernels will be ignored.
      You will have to wipe the device and make a clean install.
      You cannot restore nandroid backups from previous android versions or restore nandroid backups from this ROM to other ROMs that don't use the new partition layout since you risk corrupting the data.
      I suggest to use Titanium Backup, Helium or any other similar app to backup your data if you really need to.

Requirements:
      * Have the stock ICS 4.1.B.0.587 full ftf flashed (doesn't matter if you have flashed it in the past or if you flash it before installing cm11.0, it will work both ways)
      * LT15i (Arc) users need to flash LT18i (Arc S) ftf
      * MT15i (Neo) users need to flash MT11i (Neo V) ftf
      * R800i (Play) users need to flash MT25i (Neo L) ftf

Steps required for correct installation (order is important):
      1: Flash boot.img in fastboot & reboot into recovery
      1.1 (optional): If the device is not booting, reboot to bootloader again and run:
      fastboot erase system
      fastboot erase userdata
      2: Enter recovery, go to mounts and storage
      3: Format /system, then /data and then /cache (Important step!)
      4: Flash update zip
      5: Flash gapps (recommended package is the one provided in the link below)

Steps 1.1, 2 & 3 are not needed when you install new cm11 nightlies on top of older cm11 builds in the future

If you want to return to a ROM that doesn't use the new partition layout, you need to follow the above steps again (only replace boot.img & update zip with the ones you want to use).

How to build:
      [GUIDE][DEV] How I build my own CM11.0 test builds

Changelog:
      Release/nightly changes

Working/Non-working list
      CM11.0 with new kernel 3.4 status

Downloads:
      https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/LegacyXperia
      PLEASE DON'T MIRROR OUR UPLOADS

Recommended Google Apps:
      Google Apps Minimal Edition

KCzv621.png

NOTE:
      Following xda's rule #12 spirit: If you are developing something that is based on my work, you MUST first seek my permission, you must add my name in the credits and you must add links pointing to my original thread and to my github sources.
      Breaking this rule will lead me to report the thread to the moderators.

NEW!!! BUG Tracker
      If you want to help fixing those bugs, please report the bugs in the bug tracker. Thanks!
      Logs are needed (logcat/dmesg/last_kmsg), not just "got FC" or "+1" useless replies.

XDA:DevDB Information
      LegacyXperia, ROM for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Contributors
      mikeioannina, nobodyAtall, pcfighter, Blefish
      Source Code: https://github.com/LegacyXperia

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Latest version of official ICS firmware: 4.1.B.0.587 or the latest supported baseband: 8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028G-77
      Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
      Current Beta Version: nightly 20140702
      Beta Release Date: 2014-07-02

Created 2014-07-02
      Last Updated 2014-11-30
      Good news for everyone. :victory:
      Initial Wi-Fi configuration is done, basic testing was done and Wi-Fi can be enabled and used.
      Initial BT configuration is done too, BT can be enabled but I haven't tried doing anything else yet.

All of this is possible thanks to @Blefish who now has an msm7x30 huawei u8860 device that uses bcm4329 Wi-Fi/BT chipset too. I just copied his code and modified the configuration to match zeus based devices.
      I will try releasing some new builds this week so we can have more testing.

As usual, sources are up on github for those who like to make their own builds.
      New build coming

# Nightly build 20140702 - cm-11.0
      - Latest cm11.0 changes
      - Updated to Android 4.4.4

Builds for both devices will be uploaded until tomorrow.
      Everything except WiFi, BT & Camera should be working.
      ## Nightly build 20140813 - cm-11.0
      * Latest cm11.0 changes
      * Updates to WiFi & BT from omapzoom d-kitkat-mr2.1-release branch (mogami devices)
      * Fixed support for screen casting (eg. Chromecast) - untested
      * Fixed default IO scheduler not being set to row after clean install
      * Experimental pmem->ion wrapper
      * Fixed volume down recovery key detection on zeus/phoenix

Builds will roll alphabetically for all devices until tomorrow

Camera, BT & WiFi are still not working