Play store apps reamain on 100% downloaded but don't install

Search This thread

renton82

Jan 6, 2011
I have a problem with play store: if i download an app from it, it remains stuck at 100% downloaded but it doesn't install... it needs sometimes even 3 or 4 minutes to start installation. Same thing for uninstall... I have just tried to clear play store memory (cache + memory) and play services memory but it doesn't help...

renton82

Jan 6, 2011
Seems i have found the problem... i have uninstalled and re installed nova launcher and now it seems to work perfectly... i think that's something related to "add shortcuts in home pages" in play store settings...

Last edited:
Reactions: lionstambua

BigBen60

Jul 7, 2015
It already happened to me on my former phone. But I solved the problem by rebooting the phone

renton82

Jan 6, 2011
Problems persist... i've done a factory reset but nothing: sometimes it's impossible to install/uninstall applications from Play Store, the progress bar of download stuck at 100% but the app won't install... sometimes it needs some minutes, sometimes it's just instantly... it's something play store server related? If i try to uninstall app from touchwiz it's simply instantly even if however, if go to app list in play store, the app i've just uninstalled is still present in the apps list... .
I noticed that sometimes even the manual update of phone firmware doesn't work and the "checking update page" appears sometimes instantly ans sometimes after some minutes...

callumbr1

Jan 5, 2016
Leeds
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Problems persist... i've done a factory reset but nothing: sometimes it's impossible to install/uninstall applications from Play Store, the progress bar of download stuck at 100% but the app won't install... sometimes it needs some minutes, sometimes it's just instantly... it's something play store server related? If i try to uninstall app from touchwiz it's simply instantly even if however, if go to app list in play store, the app i've just uninstalled is still present in the apps list... .
I noticed that sometimes even the manual update of phone firmware doesn't work and the "checking update page" appears sometimes instantly ans sometimes after some minutes...
Have you tried to update Google play services? And play store to the latest version. Do both of these then boot to recovery and wipe cache and reboot.

renton82

Jan 6, 2011
Have you tried to update Google play services? And play store to the latest version. Do both of these then boot to recovery and wipe cache and reboot.

I've just done another factory reset from recovery menu and now seems to works well, i don't know what triggers this thing... it's a little bit annoying... :crying:

linom

Some apps have permissions to draw over screen and we need to disable this permission for apps to install correctly. I had a similar issue on my previous phone where the apps were stuck at 99% installation and then just dropped off. I had to literally disable 'Screen overlay' for almost each app for play store to install correctly.

Also, If you are able to sideload apks without any issues then it may be a play store related issue.

gregpot2000

Jan 22, 2012
Hiya.

I have the same issue, and have for around 1 week now. Only with PlayStore, sideloading works fine

renton82

Jan 6, 2011
Has someone found a solution for this? I have noticed that sometimes it installs apps without any problems and sometimes remains stuck also for minutes! I can't realize what causes these slow down... maybe is something related to play store servers?

Blonti

Mar 4, 2008
I have the same problem with 100% download and no install afterwards.

But at the same time I noticed two other problems:
- Badge Notification is not working - I don't see the "badge" on app's icon, when I receive messages.
- boon payment app is not working; when I touch screen to activate payment process (NFC chip), it supposed to countdown 60 s, but nothing happens.

I don't know if this is part of same problem. However I've tried - without success:
- reboot phone
- clear data/cache Google Play Store
- clear data/cache Google Play Services
- clear data Badge Provider
- clear data/cache TouchWiz
- reboot to recovery and clear cache

I think there is some process that should be reset (clear)... Any other suggestions? I'd try factory restore as very, very, very last option.

callumbr1

Jan 5, 2016
Leeds
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have the same problem with 100% download and no install afterwards.

But at the same time I noticed two other problems:
- Badge Notification is not working - I don't see the "badge" on app's icon, when I receive messages.
- boon payment app is not working; when I touch screen to activate payment process (NFC chip), it supposed to countdown 60 s, but nothing happens.

I don't know if this is part of same problem. However I've tried - without success:
- reboot phone
- clear data/cache Google Play Store
- clear data/cache Google Play Services
- clear data Badge Provider
- clear data/cache TouchWiz
- reboot to recovery and clear cache

I think there is some process that should be reset (clear)... Any other suggestions? I'd try factory restore as very, very, very last option.
Has anybody tried to update play store and google play services?

mluoto

May 7, 2008
Having same issue with S8 and Tab S3. Also notifications are delayed for random amount of time. Some lag and connection timeouts with different applications, not all though.
Tried factory reset couple times, it fixed the problems for a while but after 1-2 hours they came back. Checked with safe mode if some 3rd party app is causing this. Issues remained in safe mode too.

Got it to work for now by clearing cache and data from Google Framework Services and Google Play Store. Lastly removed and re-added my Google account, rebooted device and wiped cache partition.
Notifications are now on time, Play store starts install instantly.
Still afraid that this is only a temporary fix, waiting to see if these problems arise again after few hours of usage.
Seems there is an issue with Google services on some Samsung devices, mainly running Nougat 7.0

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi
    this is an issue related with Google Play Services and it will be present esp for those using beta versions of google play services - or any beta version of google products
    this is caused by the play services - checking for updates, downloading and/or installing them
    By default - the google play services will not be able to install an app - until it finished updating/installing the framework
    this will also happen if you were at anypoint in a beta program associated with your google ID
    i do agree this has been execesivelly lately - but hopefully they will sort it out
    Thanks everyone!!!!!! After a many unsuccessful factory resets / Play Store cache deletions I can confirm that killing the Google app works. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 on Verizon and this fixed the issue. Here were my steps:

1) Stop current / pending downloads in Google Play Store

2) Disable Google App

3) Clear cache / data for Google Play Store

4) Restart device (for good measure)

5) Resume updating apps (once they show up again in the store, downloading a new app may trigger this)

6) Re-enable Google app (I was able to do this without recreating the problem)

Good luck!

This did not work for me but here is what did. I narrowed it down to bluetooth as some others have suggested. I have no explanation to why this works but I can confirm 100% this is the problem.

I first tried uninstalling updates for Google App, then clearing cache on Play Store app, then rebooting. Nothing
    Next I tried disabling the Google App altogether, then clearing cache on Play store app, then rebooting. Nothing.

This is what I did to fix it:
    1. Left all updates for Google App installed and left the application enabled since it didn't seem to affect it anyway.
    2. Disabled Bluetooth from pull-down menu
    3. Rebooted
    4. EVERYTHING IN THE PLAY STORE INSTALLS FINE!!!! ... ITS A MIRACLE!!!!...... here's the catch to that, I can install 1 or 25 apps after the reboot if bluetooth remains disabled, I can update apps fine too... BUT as soon as I re-enable bluetooth and go back into the play store and try to download something, it goes back to the same crap, gets to 99% or sometimes even 100% downloaded and basically just sits there forever it feels like and does nothing.
    You can't just disable bluetooth and go into the play store. After disabling, reboot the phone, then go into the play store. Do whatever you need to, when done re-enable bluetooth.

I'm on a Note 8 on Verizon. My phone is still under warranty so I'm getting a new one tomorrow. I'll report back and tell if you all if the new phone has the same problem or not.
    Also, not sure if this matters but I also have a Galaxy Watch paired to this phone and that's the only thing that I have ever paired to this phone on bluetooth.
    Seems i have found the problem... i have uninstalled and re installed nova launcher and now it seems to work perfectly... i think that's something related to "add shortcuts in home pages" in play store settings...
    Hmmm strange? See how it goes from now...

Fingers crossed
    After update to June security patch the problems came back... so it'n not personal area app.. but until this update the phone last more than 24h without any single issue...

With this new firmware release, every trick like clean play service memory, remove and add account ecc... doesn't work, the only thing that has worked is remove and re add samsung account... i don't know if it is related but for now seems to work everything : no delay when checking firmware update, no notification delay and to install app from play store works fine...