Play store not downloading after nougat update

Have you got truecaller installed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kpmohamedhussain

Mar 8, 2015
Everything works fine on nougat and no issues with downloading on browsers,except that play store stopped installing apps, it keeps saying downloading but never starts the download...

Any help would be much appreciated....

FIX - UNINSTALL TRUECALLER AND STAY CONNECTED WITH PLAYSTORE

Last edited:

kpmohamedhussain

Mar 8, 2015
FIXED

below steps fixes the issue with play store

1. boot to recovery
2. wipe cache/dalvik and reboot
3. goto settings->apps
4. clear data and cache on play services and play store

Reactions: tfaletau

eikaramba

Apr 27, 2009
Same problem here. clearing cache, relinking gaccount doesn't help. Interestingly he was able to download all apps from backup, however updating one app does not work (android system webview). error 492

loynaveen

Sep 2, 2014
Mangalore
yes and this happens with mobile data while in national roaming and not is general, whatever the solutions people are posting here, nothing fixes the issue.
it was a bug in nougat! so I doubt it will work. No temporary solutions work. some say turning on battery saver let's them download. keep trying if u get any fix. Or else u have to have a WiFi network to download the apps from play store !

kpmohamedhussain

Mar 8, 2015
it was a bug in nougat! so I doubt it will work. No temporary solutions work. some say turning on battery saver let's them download. keep trying if u get any fix. Or else u have to have a WiFi network to download the apps from play store !

Mobile data turned off, roaming is off, connected to wifi still no downloads from play store...

kpmohamedhussain

Mar 8, 2015
did u try switching on battery saver ? did that trick work?

n btw do u have an unlocked bootloader and have you flashed custom roms before coming back to official nougat?

Yeah tried battery saver, no joy... Yes bootloader u locked, no custom roms, coming from 3.2.8... It was not working on 1st after upgrading to nougat, then all working fine yesterday, stopped again today.... Any known issue with nougat....

loynaveen

Sep 2, 2014
Mangalore
Yeah tried battery saver, no joy... Yes bootloader u locked, no custom roms, coming from 3.2.8... It was not working on 1st after upgrading to nougat, then all working fine yesterday, stopped again today.... Any known issue with nougat....

if you have the time and patience, try clean flashing or sideloading and then factory resetting the cell and starting fresh ! might be then you have some luck ! nothing wrong in trying to start all over again if u have the time ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everything works fine on nougat and no issues with downloading on browsers,except that play store stopped installing apps, it keeps saying downloading but never starts the download...

Any help would be much appreciated....

FIX - UNINSTALL TRUECALLER AND STAY CONNECTED WITH PLAYSTORE
    I had same problem. No download with playstore. Tried all the tricks but failed. FINALLY TAKEN THE "DOWNLOAD UI & DOWNLOAD PROVIDER " from old version and put it in respective system folder. Now its working perfectly.

Thanks sir, it worked like a charm, I placed those apps from MM in the respective folders and Voila! Its perfect now ?

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Care to elaborate further?

Kind regards

I took the DownloadProvider.apk from /system/priv-app/DownloadProvider and DownProviderUi.apk from /system/app/DownloadProviderUi all this, from a MM ROM
    And placed those files in their respective folders.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Please elaborate..where is this file stored and how to fix it
    Edit: I found both the files one in /system/app and other in /system/priv-app. I replaced those two apks with MM version apks but then google play stopped working. Can you tell us what you did exactly?

What was the ROM you took it from, and what ROM are you using?

I have limited bandwidth and didn't want to download another ROM (I am running resurrection remix v5.8.2 android version 7.1.1) I switched from MIUI 8 (Running Marshmallow)
    I tried its apk's which obviously didn't work.
    Today I recalled, my sister is running CM13 so I took the apk's from her and it worked ?
    P.s. Maybe try rebooting your phone
    FIXED

1. boot to recovery
    3. goto settings->apps
    @kpmohamedhussain Can you tell exact steps as below steps does not work for me...:(

1. boot to recovery
    3. goto settings->apps
    Faced Same issue. Put the phone in battery saver mode and Playstore started downloads immediately. Disabled the battery saver and downloads stopped again. Tried this 2-3 times and same outcome. So looks like a bug to me