Play Store Orders + Shipping

Search This thread

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
This has probably already been said before but I was able to buy one at Best Buy yesterday. Got one of the Sprint ones for $350, they were willing to match the Google play store price (were hesitant though). Popped the Sprint sim card out and put my Straight Talk sim card in and works just fine.

Cancelled my play store order, wasn't supposed to ship until mid December.

edit: oh and if anyone is wondering it was at the Cascade Station Best Buy in Portland, OR.

Last edited:

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
This has probably already been said before but I was able to buy one at Best Buy yesterday. Got one of the sprint ones for $350, they were willing to match the Google play store price (were hesitant though). Popped the Sprint sim card out and put my Straight Talk sim card in and works just fine.

edit: oh and if anyone is wondering it was at the Cascade Station Best Buy in Portland, OR.

Wow lucky I'm gonna call and see if they can do that for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
Wow lucky I'm gonna call and see if they can do that for me.

Good luck! Sounds like it is hit or miss for most people. Just depends on the store and sales person you talk to. The employees I spoke with were really cool and it probably helped that they hadn't even seen the Nexus 5 yet (had to track one down for me in the back). I gladly let them play with it for a couple minutes after I paid for it and opened the box.

Oh and I printed off my play store receipt and play store price page and took them in with me for the price match.

Last edited:
Reactions: abdel12345

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Good luck! Sounds like it is hit or miss for most people. Just depends on the store and sales person you talk to. The employees I spoke with were really cool and it probably helped that they hadn't even seen the Nexus 5 yet (had to track one down for me in the back). I gladly let them play with it for a couple minutes after I paid for it and opened the box.

Oh and I printed off my play store receipt and play store price page and took them in with me for the price match.

Cool I think I'll try that. They do state on their website that they'll match the price of any of their competition but when I checked they only had it on contact for 150 on their website. There was no unlocked version.

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
Cool I think I'll try that. They do state on their website that they'll match the price of any of their competition but when I checked they only had it on contact for 150 on their website. There was no unlocked version.

If you look again they have 'replacement device' for $450. You can select that option when you add the phone to your shopping cart.

Again YMMV, some people couldn't even buy the phone outright at $450 in store. You could always buy one online for in store pickup and try to price match when you go to pick it up. If they don't, just cancel the order right there.

ctowne

Feb 1, 2012
Hampton, NH
This has probably already been said before but I was able to buy one at Best Buy yesterday. Got one of the Sprint ones for $350, they were willing to match the Google play store price (were hesitant though). Popped the Sprint sim card out and put my Straight Talk sim card in and works just fine.

Wow that's surprising that they matched the price of the play store :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jbrinkley

Jan 12, 2010
florida
my order for two 32g black ones early morning Nov 1 changed to- label created this morning.
My order was one of those that said ships on Nov 22, or before.
I'm in Florida.

fallingd0wn

Apr 9, 2010
IN

I got my local Best Buy to match the Play Store price as well. They only carry the 16Gb Sprint package though. Since they have an extended return policy due to Christmas (anytime before Jan 15), I'm considering ordering a 32Gb from the play store and returning the 16Gb to BB after it arrives.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh --- I almost forgot about the Limbo! I better get ready for another wild ride!

Limbo Level 1: Made purchase and it shows up in your Play account and Wallet (status irrelevant) but no confirmation, back order, or shipping emails from Google. These people are known as the Untouchables.

Limbo Level 2: Made purchase and it shows up in your Play account and Wallet (status irrelevant) and received a confirmation email, but no back order, or shipping emails from Google. These people are known as the Forgotten.

Limbo Level 3: Made purchase and it shows up in your Play account and Wallet (status irrelevant) and received a confirmation and back order email, but no shipping emails from Google. These people are known as the Betrayed.

Limbo Level 4: Made purchase and it shows up in your Play account and Wallet (status irrelevant) and received a confirmation email and shipping emails from Google. These people are known as the Impatient.

Those who have their phones in-hand today are simply the Hated.
    Ordered at 1:22pm (MST)

Nexus 5 (16GB, Black)
    Leaves warehouse by November 8, 2013

- Credit card shows full pre-auth amount of $369.99 (full price of phone and shipping)
    - Received confirmation email about 1.5 hours after placing the order
    - Wallet shows "Pending"

:good:

A couple of additional things to note for those who were not involved with the N4 launch last year:

1) For those concerned about Google Wallet showing the order as "Pending", don't be. It will remain as "Pending" until the phone is shipped. At which point it should be changed to "Shipped" or "Completed". Hell, this status can't be trusted at all really. My Nexus 4 replacement order from August still says "Pending" even though I received it over 2 months ago. :rolleyes:

2) Another big scare people seemed to have during the N4 crisis (yes I'm calling it a crisis) last year was that after 48-72 hours, the pre-auth charge on people's credit card statements started disappearing. THIS IS NORMAL. This does NOT mean the order was canceled. All it means is that the deadline on the pre-auth hold was reached with your bank and the hold is dropped. The full charge will reappear once the phone has officially shipped. The only reason this Pre-auth hold is initially placed is so that Google can confirm that you have enough funds in your account to purchase the phone. If you do not have enough funds the pre-auth hold fails and your order is immediately canceled.

3) The status of "Leaves warehouse by November 8, 2013" means that the phone is scheduled to ship FROM the warehouse on November 8, 2013. This does NOT mean you will receive the phone on November 8, 2013. I already know that come November 5th or November 8th, people are going to start freaking out because their phone hasn't arrived and they are incapable of comprehending simple English.
    Can we get this out of the way before it is posted about a million times:

1) If you actually get your order to go through (unlikely but possible), you may or may not get charged. Then a few days later your order may or may not get randomly cancelled.
    2) 2-day shipping means when it is shipped you will get it in 2 days. It doesn't account for processing time.
    3) After you order, it may take hours or days for you to get order confirmation
    4) Some people will get shipping notifications but some won't. Do NOT call Google to ask when it will get shipped. They have no clue and will just make up information.
    5) Getting the shipping notice means they created a shipping label but it may take days for it to actually ship.
    6) Don't read these order threads on XDA because it will just make you go mad. If you get a order confirmation, sit back and relax because there is nothing you can do but wait for it to come. Google will not ship these in any type of order. And calling Google will just increase the chances they screw up your order. Relax while everyone on XDA freaks out and claims the world is coming to an end. Then enjoy your N5 when it comes a week or two later.
    I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that haven't purchased anything on the Play Store before that may have questions about how it works and what to know.

Discussion about the ordering and ridiculous shipping when purchasing through the play store!

We all know last year was a complete flop. Hopefully Google got their act together :eek:

Standard shipping is/was $11.99
    Most likely your nexus was packaged and given a UPS label, but has not been picked up by UPS yet. I'd say by end of business today you should have tracking.

This.

It's funny seeing people bring up limbo and what-not so early; last year many of us would have killed to have such a smooth ordering experience.

I guess some of us might be understandably gun shy, but I also wonder how much of it is just us getting more and more spoiled every year.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk