Question Play Store scrollling choppy - cleared cache and data

Search This thread

nayak.aj

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Hey guys ,
The scrolling in play store is extremely choppy . I ve cleared data and cache and the usual stuff but the issue still persists.
Any ideas ? Video attached.
I checked the frame rate and it is at 60hz which should be fine. Only when i keep my finger pressed and drag it across the screen from bottom to top does it scroll smoothly.
EDIT : not sure if its worth mentioning, but my DPI is set to 597
EDIT 2: Reverted back to default 411 dpi and it's still the same . Wiped phone cache too

Attachments

• Screen_Recording_20220805-123814_Google Play Store.mp4
    11.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I had a look/try with my Play Store and it looks/feels similar to what I saw on your video. I think it goes slow(er) as it loads content and then speeds up if I scroll up or down. I think it is business as usual

nayak.aj

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
I had a look/try with my Play Store and it looks/feels similar to what I saw on your video. I think it goes slow(er) as it loads content and then speeds up if I scroll up or down. I think it is business as usual
No such luck with me ... Just stays that way ... No big deal ... I can live with it since it's not 'a daily use app'

nayak.aj

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Still looking forward to any suggestions though . What I noticed is, regardless of DPI , clearing cache and data works for some time but then play store starts lagging again. Almost impossible to navigate within the app pages, sensibly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will give it a shot. not sure if its worth mentioning, but my DPI is set to 597. will wipe phone cache via recovery and report back in a day or 2

EDIT: wiped cache partition - didnt work, its still the same :(
    Reverse back dpi? To exclude it as cause