Play store works

Search This thread
Feb 8, 2012
Hi guys,

I got play store working following the instructions for HDXposed on the fire hdx tablet here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2618158

and installing google services / apps based on these instructions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2787813

combined with instructions here on how to set xbmc as the default launcher:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2786618

and the ability with amber xbmc skin to run android apps from the homescreen (including KFTV Launcher) this is finally shaping up to some goodness.

nhumber

Apr 26, 2014
Sarnia
confirmed working for me, i just followed the instructions in the Second Link posted above only, play store is functioning normally with paid apps showing and installing properly.

Reactions: mattgyver

[email protected]

May 11, 2014
Have any of you attempted to install play store apps before?

These instructions did not work for me. Maybe due to previous install attempts.

Even when I clear data and uninstall the apps then re-install, it still has my account name there and I get 'NO CONNECTION - RETRY"

May have to Reset box again.

nhumber

Apr 26, 2014
Sarnia

Even when I clear data and uninstall the apps then re-install, it still has my account name there and I get 'NO CONNECTION - RETRY"

i had previously installed the store with no luck prior to today. i just installed the apks from the second link above after installing xposed, restarting, and enabling the HDXposed module. The store started right up.

mastafunk

Aug 31, 2011
Undisclosed Swamp Location, FL

Followed instructions to a T.. not a newb here but did not work for me.. perhaps you had allready done something else before doing that? When i launch the play store it never opens.. (well opened for a brief second then goes back to launcher)

Last edited:

[email protected]

May 11, 2014
Working now

Used Titanium to get rid of old google apps/data

Re-installed google apps.

Most important - enable Xposed module - CHECK THE BOX

Reboot gave me a scare - it displayed the FireTV update screen - Installing new software. But no update occurred.

Even then it had 'NO Connection'

Cleared play store data - Then it worked

Feb 8, 2012

I had had Google play store, framework and services etc... Installed before and it had said no connection. When trying to run play store. Before following the instructions above I had uninstalled all of the Google apps through the amazon settings-apps menu except the one that doesn't show (play services?). That one I installed over the old one using adb install -r package name.apk. and it worked. Have you also enabled 3rd party sources with sqlite editing of the settings.db?

princedarian22

Dec 22, 2011
I already had everything installed from my previous attempts I just installed the exposed modules and cleared data on the play store

How is everyone getting around everything saying it isn't compatible?

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

puppinoo

Jun 14, 2008
Hi, I'm trying to make this work. I installed everything. Installation seems fine. I launch xposed framework. It sees HDXPosed modele BUT using the FTV remote if I click on it to activate I receive a "This module doesnt provide a user Interface" and the module remains inacttive.
If I try to launch Google Play store is appears for a moment then shuts down. I think it depends by the fact the module is not active.
Since I dont have a keyborad right now, is there a way to activate it manually?

Thanks.

Pino.

mastafunk

Aug 31, 2011
Undisclosed Swamp Location, FL
Hi, I'm trying to make this work. I installed everything. Installation seems fine. I launch xposed framework. It sees HDXPosed modele BUT using the FTV remote if I click on it to activate I receive a "This module doesnt provide a user Interface" and the module remains inacttive.
If I try to launch Google Play store is appears for a moment then shuts down. I think it depends by the fact the module is not active.
Since I dont have a keyborad right now, is there a way to activate it manually?

Thanks.

Pino.

I had to use a mouse to click the box to activate the module.. however i am still where you are :(

puppinoo

Jun 14, 2008
Thanks,
I did the same but still no luck.
Let's hope in some fix/advice.

Pino.

I had to use a mouse to click the box to activate the module.. however i am still where you are :(

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Ok,
Considering I already had rebooted but I reinstalled using adb install -r all the gapps, rebooted and now it seems to work.
Thank youw and thanks everybody.

Hold down play and select to reboot the firetv after activating the module.

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Free mobile app

alwaysbless

Nov 24, 2012
San Diego
This works great! Finally this device is starting to come along! I wasnt able to install the module without a keyboard and then i had to power cycle manually from there to get the changes to take effect.

UPDATE: Play store is missing certain apps like Youtube, poweramp full etc =/.. Maybe build.prop edit can resolve

Last edited:

Hrodriguez77

May 28, 2013
Does the device go to sleep if it is running xbmc as a launcher?

Hi guys,

I got play store working following the instructions for HDXposed on the fire hdx tablet here:

and the ability with amber xbmc skin to run android apps from the homescreen (including KFTV Launcher) this is finally shaping up to some goodness.

Shinyhead

Jun 18, 2010
Fullerton
If you follow the procedure on the xbmc wiki it does in fact go to sleep. It is the method i use.

Also adb after rebooting and trying a few different things... i adb install -r all the apk's again and that seemed to do it.
Not sure why it didnt work the first time.

Sorry but what does the -r parameter do for adb install?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Thanks, reinstall apks using adb fix the problem. However, a lot of apps show not compatible.

this is sort of fixed by using the app Market Helper, you set the program to spoof the nexus 7 tablet, and while i still am getting app not compatible on the ftv.. if i visit the play store from my PC it does in fact think the ftv is a nexus 7 and i can install any apps without issue.

EDIT, it must just take a few minutes to update on googles end, play store fully open and working with the above fix and the APP market helper located here..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2146216

nexus 7 is working good for me.
    confirmed working for me, i just followed the instructions in the Second Link posted above only, play store is functioning normally with paid apps showing and installing properly.
    Worked like a charm. Here is a full guide with screenshots every step for those who need it:

How to install the Google Play Store on the Amazon Fire TV - Step by step guide with screenshots
    Guys, I was wondering if this works with latest firmware, I tired to reinstall the 4 apps multiple times and apps install fine, but when i click on install in the playstore, nothing will happen, I have installed hdxposed module as well by the way
    Thanks

Yes it works with the latest update. I originally could not get it to work as it always said no connection. After some searching around i saw that fire tablet users doing this had to add gmail to activate the terms acknowledgment. After installing all the playstore files, i install gmail next and now its working. Could be coincidence, but it's working.

Unfortunately, until someone can fix the compatibility issue it's a pain to find apps/games that will install. So for me, it's still easier to side load, especially with the FTV side app installer here on XDA. One good thing about installing playstore is you can sideload your paid games and they will work (well they'll start, whether or not it's compatible with firetv is another thing).