playing god with LG wine smart (looking for assistance with reviving)

Search This thread

donny101

Sep 17, 2008
St Louis
Here we go!
~no recovery ~no fastboot ~no download [rooted android 4.4]
I bought an lg wine smart 2014 (LG-D486) for nostalgia's sake. The device doesn't come with much storage space so i used a partitioned micro sd card to expand the storage.

I had it up and running perfectly with Link2sd keeping the internal storage free. One day i tried to put the system files on the sdcard through link2sd.
Again everything worked fine, a little slow but i think that was because of the partitions being a little too large.

to speed things up i thought why not try a swap partition. This is where the **** hit the fan.
I was able to reformat the sdcard to have fat32/ext2/swap partitions. The phone was running great after all the setup was finished in link2sd and swapper2.
I just finished receiving a call from a friend and the phone froze up. I removed the battery and tried to start my device back up. NOTHING. no boot logo. no vibration. nothing.
---------
when i connect it to a computer (windows) i get notification to reformat the device and two folders are readable {image/verinfo}
(with linux Reader i can see 35 android partitions)

When connected to a linux computer (ubuntu) i can see about 13 android partitions.
--------------
I've tried flashing the official .kdz file but because it won't go into download mode the updater just crashes.
I've tried unzipping the .kdz and pushing sbl1.img, aboot.img, rpm.img, tz.img, laf.img, boot.img. straight to the partitions but still no reaction.

I have another fully functional wine smart device and was wondering if there was a way to push its partitions to this device?!
all i really need is a way to get download mode working again; from there i can just factory reset the device!

i know it's a long shot but id thought id ask here before giving up.