Question Playstore and Global release

Search This thread

droidkoder

Feb 26, 2015
This device looks great. Do you guys know if this will be launched with the Playstore in China or will this have a Global release in the near future?
I couldn't find the ROM for this device in MIUI forms, do you guys know if and when the ROM will be released so that we can get Root for this device?

MariozPOC

Apr 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I bought it from Wanda mobile, Chinese/English languages and all Google matters installed. They are going to ship July 15th. I believe they'll create a global version but I don't think immediately.

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
The Xiaomi EU forum will probably be the first to release a more generic ROM but in fastboot versions until a working twrp is produced.
Mine too is coming from Wanda and as said, it will come with a basic Google with playstore but I will flash the first Xiaomi EU fastboot ROM as soon as I can.

MrOnder

Jul 29, 2018
The Xiaomi EU forum will probably be the first to release a more generic ROM but in fastboot versions until a working twrp is produced.
Mine too is coming from Wanda and as said, it will come with a basic Google with playstore but I will flash the first Xiaomi EU fastboot ROM as soon as I can.
It might kind of a dumb question but is it possible to flash Magisk without a custom recovery (e.g. TWRP) because if I can't root it as soon as I get it, I probably won't buy the phone haha

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
No phone has a working twrp on release. It needs the guys who can, to work on it and modify a twrp version to match the new phone. So everyone will have to wait for that.
Normally a custom fastboot ROM gets released until a working twrp is found and then custom ROMs tend to be in a twrp flash version and of course ability to flash magisk. Just hand on a while until a twrp is found before buying.

Reactions: wizpizz

wizpizz

Jun 11, 2022
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
No phone has a working twrp on release. It needs the guys who can, to work on it and modify a twrp version to match the new phone. So everyone will have to wait for that.
Normally a custom fastboot ROM gets released until a working twrp is found and then custom ROMs tend to be in a twrp flash version and of course ability to flash magisk. Just hand on a while until a twrp is found before buying.
Thanks for the answer :)
How long do you think it would take for a custom fastboot ROM to be released?

GodKingKnight

May 7, 2012
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
This is exciting. I'm waiting for mine in Canada, bought internationally. Not sure where mine will be coming from. I usually buy internationally.

Hoping for a quick mod fastboot edition of the ROM to install for removal of junkware and inclusion of PlayStore plus better battery optimizations by default.

maverixz

Jan 7, 2011
Midwest
Based in the US and I ordered one from Giztop.com on July 4th and received it yesterday (July 11th.) Looking forward to switching the Chinese Rom to another rom. It came with the Google Playstore.

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
Wow u got yours very fast ! My one arriving on July 14. (Giztop)
Do you have VoLTE activated from the box....or you did it manually ?
Im gonna use on Tmobile. (sold my Vivo X Fold., which was a beast)

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
Based in the US and I ordered one from Giztop.com on July 4th and received it yesterday (July 11th.) Looking forward to switching the Chinese Rom to another rom. It came with the Google Playstore.
have you had luck with 5G? am using the mi 11ultra in the usa on t-mobile. it can access 5GNSA but not their 5GUC which is about 5 times faster.

tee00max

Jun 19, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Ordered from Giztop back on 7/7 and its out for delivery today. Plan on using it on my T-Mobile line so ill report back once I pop my sim in it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probably a couple of weeks after release? Check out the Xiaomi EU forum for its release, as those are the guys who will have the first but also check out https://mifirm.net/model/thor.ttt for all the latest releases and twrp releases.
    I had no idea that mifirm website had existed, I'll keep track. Thanks again!
    Mine shipped yesterday as part of first release. Should be with me in the UK on Monday according to FedEx
    I have got a Chinese Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G since three years. My current carrier is Movistar in Spain ... and I haven't had any issues of missing bands.
    Mate 30 Pro is missing only band 32 which doesn`t affect you at all in Spain as none of the spanish networks are using it.

When it comes to 12s Ultra, it`s missing 4 bands in UK.
    5G - N20b
    4G - N20, N28b, N32.

Having issues with the network coverage is my only concern regarding this phone.