Question Playstore and Global release

Search This thread

crótach

Sep 20, 2012
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
What's it like to use a china-only device globally? I know they come with play store and english, so I don't see why it would be any different from the global release, I don't need other languages :)

Do you change ROMs eventually, or just get the regular updates for the chinese device?

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
The Google services they install is a limited version. Location history is one thing that does not work, there are others too that just are annoying. I always switch to the Xiaomi EU ROM as soon as it is available. It is based on the latest official Chinese weekly or stable whichever branch you choose.
For me, I like miui call and contacts app and if you go Global you only get Google version.
As it sounds like the 12s series is only going to be Chinese mainland, there might not be a global ROM anyway. We will have to wait and see.

mamuraro

Aug 21, 2016
The Google services they install is a limited version. Location history is one thing that does not work, there are others too that just are annoying. I always switch to the Xiaomi EU ROM as soon as it is available. It is based on the latest official Chinese weekly or stable whichever branch you choose.
For me, I like miui call and contacts app and if you go Global you only get Google version.
As it sounds like the 12s series is only going to be Chinese mainland, there might not be a global ROM anyway. We will have to wait and see.

Hi all,
Could someone tell us what doesn't work on this phone CN version?
Does google assistant (hey google) works?
how's the sync of google services in background?
IS the bootloader easy to unlock? and Can you flash or install other version of google services by now?

Thank you

Staff_ionut68

May 22, 2010
How do you guys manage to "live" without bands 20, 28b and 32? I am UK based, looking forward for this phone but unfortunately I have no experience with those 4G bands that are missing.
Will affect a lot the 4G signal?
I assume there are users of 10 Ultra in Europe able to advise on how they find the phone signal?!
Is there any workaround?

luisvalino

Feb 11, 2011
How do you guys manage to "live" without bands 20, 28b and 32? I am UK based, looking forward for this phone but unfortunately I have no experience with those 4G bands that are missing.
Will affect a lot the 4G signal?
I assume there are users of 10 Ultra in Europe able to advise on how they find the phone signal?!
Is there any workaround?

I have got a Chinese Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G since three years. My current carrier is Movistar in Spain ... and I haven't had any issues of missing bands.

Staff_ionut68

May 22, 2010
I have got a Chinese Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G since three years. My current carrier is Movistar in Spain ... and I haven't had any issues of missing bands.
Mate 30 Pro is missing only band 32 which doesn`t affect you at all in Spain as none of the spanish networks are using it.

When it comes to 12s Ultra, it`s missing 4 bands in UK.
5G - N20b
4G - N20, N28b, N32.

Having issues with the network coverage is my only concern regarding this phone.

Reactions: luisvalino

luisvalino

Feb 11, 2011
Mate 30 Pro is missing only band 32 which doesn`t affect you at all in Spain as none of the spanish networks are using it.

5G - N20b
4G - N20, N28b, N32.

Having issues with the network coverage is my only concern regarding this phone.

Me too.

I'm thinking about buy it in a short time ... but I would like that Xiaomi release a global version.

kyero985

May 9, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
I ordered my Xiaomi 12s Ultra from Giztop last week and should be receiving it on Tuesday. Looking forward to doing lots of camera comparisons with it soon as I still have my Mi 11 Ultra.

Also keen to see how many firmware updates are waiting, as this has been rarely discussed - the phone's still fresh off the production line and ready for more optimizations and improvements!

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Hi all,
Could someone tell us what doesn't work on this phone CN version?
Does google assistant (hey google) works?
how's the sync of google services in background?
IS the bootloader easy to unlock? and Can you flash or install other version of google services by now?

Thank you

I ordered my Xiaomi 12s Ultra from Giztop last week and should be receiving it on Tuesday. Looking forward to doing lots of camera comparisons with it soon as I still have my Mi 11 Ultra.

Also keen to see how many firmware updates are waiting, as this has been rarely discussed - the phone's still fresh off the production line and ready for more optimizations and improvements!
Mine arrived today in the UK. It was only dispatched on Tuesday by Wonda.
There was 1 update waiting and yes, it has that mini google service installed but once the unlock process was started I was able to install and use Nova ( wouldnt let me change launcher until) so my desktop is back to my normal. I used mi mover to copy over apps and settings. All good for now, looking forward to my 168 hours to fully unlock and install the Xiaomi EU ROM when released.

kyero985

May 9, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Mine arrived today in the UK. It was only dispatched on Tuesday by Wonda.
There was 1 update waiting and yes, it has that mini google service installed but once the unlock process was started I was able to install and use Nova ( wouldnt let me change launcher until) so my desktop is back to my normal. I used mi mover to copy over apps and settings. All good for now, looking forward to my 168 hours to fully unlock and install the Xiaomi EU ROM when released.

I remember you from the Mi 11U board, things are going to get interesting again with the comparisons and feedback!

Have you already debloated your new phone? I plan on using the Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools before I even start migrating and transferring over my data if it's still compatible to remove some of the unnecessary background services and apps pre-installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sathelp

GodKingKnight

May 7, 2012
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
I remember you from the Mi 11U board, things are going to get interesting again with the comparisons and feedback!

Have you already debloated your new phone? I plan on using the Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools before I even start migrating and transferring over my data if it's still compatible just to get remove some of the unnecessary background services and apps pre-installed.
Maybe you can compile a list of the removed apps and services for us? Lol. 😉

kyero985

May 9, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Maybe you can compile a list of the removed apps and services for us? Lol. 😉

Good idea. Looking forward to doing this and if it bricks my phone, bring it on because that'll be part of the learning process before I publish my findings of what's safe to debloat and what isn't.

An extra few mins of battery life is welcome because I've done it extensively on my Mi 11U anyway!

Bert Trees

Jul 16, 2022
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Hello all,

Google keyboard installed, which works fine, but can't see to stop the mi security keyboard activating when entering passwords.

Contacts load but system shuts down when clicking on a name. Have to use contacts in the Google phone app.

Used Mi Mover like others but had to load the majority of the Google apps via playstore (which I deleted initially by 'accidently' doing a factory reset as I forgot which default apps I'd given access permission to).

Appears a great phone so far, haven't tried Android auto but can log into bank apps.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No phone has a working twrp on release. It needs the guys who can, to work on it and modify a twrp version to match the new phone. So everyone will have to wait for that.
    Normally a custom fastboot ROM gets released until a working twrp is found and then custom ROMs tend to be in a twrp flash version and of course ability to flash magisk. Just hand on a while until a twrp is found before buying.
    Probably a couple of weeks after release? Check out the Xiaomi EU forum for its release, as those are the guys who will have the first but also check out https://mifirm.net/model/thor.ttt for all the latest releases and twrp releases.
    I had no idea that mifirm website had existed, I'll keep track. Thanks again!
    Mine shipped yesterday as part of first release. Should be with me in the UK on Monday according to FedEx

5G - N20b
    4G - N20, N28b, N32.