Question Playstore and Global release

Search This thread

maverixz

Jan 7, 2011
Midwest
Wow u got yours very fast ! My one arriving on July 14. (Giztop)
Do you have VoLTE activated from the box....or you did it manually ?
Im gonna use on Tmobile. (sold my Vivo X Fold., which was a beast)
Probably because I paid for express shipping. VoLTE was activated from day 1 but greyed out for both sims.

maverixz

Jan 7, 2011
Midwest
Mine arrived today in the UK. It was only dispatched on Tuesday by Wonda.
There was 1 update waiting and yes, it has that mini google service installed but once the unlock process was started I was able to install and use Nova ( wouldnt let me change launcher until) so my desktop is back to my normal. I used mi mover to copy over apps and settings. All good for now, looking forward to my 168 hours to fully unlock and install the Xiaomi EU ROM when released.
Mine kept failing to add my account saying "Can't verify. Try adding your account and device again" in the "Mi Unlock Status" section even though I am logged into my Mi Account on the phone. Any idea as to what could be causing this?

RyanErwin

Jan 8, 2019
had to load the majority of the Google apps via playstore (which I deleted initially by 'accidently' doing a factory reset as I forgot which default apps I'd given access permission to).
What was the process for getting Play Store installed since?

Can you just install it from ApkPure, or is there a special procedure to get it installed?

Bert Trees

Jul 16, 2022
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
What was the process for getting Play Store installed since?

Can you just install it from ApkPure, or is there a special procedure to get it installed?
Hi, from the Mi I downloaded the 'Edge' browser as couldn't see the Google download (as in Chinese). Via Edge, just downloaded the apk for playstore and then gboard etc..... Majority all working, WhatsApp doesn't always sync the name immediately when opening the app, but great phone overall (albeit android auto not working yet).

Bert Trees

Jul 16, 2022
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Hi, from the Mi I downloaded the 'Edge' browser as couldn't see the Google download (as in Chinese). Via Edge, just downloaded the apk for playstore and then gboard etc..... Majority all working, WhatsApp doesn't always sync the name immediately when opening the app, but great phone overall (albeit android auto not working yet).
My bad, found it in the getapps store, just need to put Google Play Store in the search rather than Play Store.

Washo4evr

Sep 11, 2012
Hi everyone,
I just returned my pixel 6 pro to Amazon (really unhappy with it - fingerprint sensor was terrible, battery life barely ok even with custom kernel...) and now looking at maybe getting a 12S ultra to replace my Huawei Mate 10.
I'm in the US with Tmobile (seems to be getting good reception in 4G LTE)
Where can I buy the phone? I heard about wandaphone? Is this a reputable source? Any other suggestions?
Thanks

GodKingKnight

May 7, 2012
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Hi everyone,
I just returned my pixel 6 pro to Amazon (really unhappy with it - fingerprint sensor was terrible, battery life barely ok even with custom kernel...) and now looking at maybe getting a 12S ultra to replace my Huawei Mate 10.
I'm in the US with Tmobile (seems to be getting good reception in 4G LTE)
Where can I buy the phone? I heard about wandaphone? Is this a reputable source? Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Giztop

kyero985

May 9, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Wondamobile
TradingShenzhen
Giztop

(in no particular order)

I've ordered from all 3 websites in the past without any issues (my phones were delivered in just over a week). No customs charges/fees either. I had the best customer service experience with Wondamobile, but Tradingshenzhen and Giztop were both equally as good too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No phone has a working twrp on release. It needs the guys who can, to work on it and modify a twrp version to match the new phone. So everyone will have to wait for that.
    Normally a custom fastboot ROM gets released until a working twrp is found and then custom ROMs tend to be in a twrp flash version and of course ability to flash magisk. Just hand on a while until a twrp is found before buying.
    Probably a couple of weeks after release? Check out the Xiaomi EU forum for its release, as those are the guys who will have the first but also check out https://mifirm.net/model/thor.ttt for all the latest releases and twrp releases.
    I had no idea that mifirm website had existed, I'll keep track. Thanks again!
    Mine shipped yesterday as part of first release. Should be with me in the UK on Monday according to FedEx
    I have got a Chinese Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G since three years. My current carrier is Movistar in Spain ... and I haven't had any issues of missing bands.
    Mate 30 Pro is missing only band 32 which doesn`t affect you at all in Spain as none of the spanish networks are using it.

When it comes to 12s Ultra, it`s missing 4 bands in UK.
    5G - N20b
    4G - N20, N28b, N32.

Having issues with the network coverage is my only concern regarding this phone.