Question Playstore and Global release

Search This thread

Thystle

Jan 17, 2017
Hi everyone,
I just returned my pixel 6 pro to Amazon (really unhappy with it - fingerprint sensor was terrible, battery life barely ok even with custom kernel...) and now looking at maybe getting a 12S ultra to replace my Huawei Mate 10.
I'm in the US with Tmobile (seems to be getting good reception in 4G LTE)
Where can I buy the phone? I heard about wandaphone? Is this a reputable source? Any other suggestions?
Thanks
I've just got a 12GB+256GB one at $1379. https://www.ebay.com/itm/275378050948
They gave me $150 discount, DHL use about 11 days to arrive.

But compare to my Mi 11, I think the new screen is not so good. I like the screen of Mi 11 more.

kuau

Jul 24, 2010
I ordered mine from Giztop.com. I paid $1374.00 fir the 12/256 model and I purchased the case. I took about 10 days to get here.

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Xiaomi 12S Pro
There will only ever be a global ROM if and when the S12U is launched outside of China (officially released I mean, not 3rd party sellers).

Last I heard there are no plans to release the Ultra outside of mainland China. This is a worrying trend - other brands e.g. Vixo's X Fold - are launching their most advanced models only in china only and with only the Chinese ROM available. (I blame USA -> Huawei ban)

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I heard that it was down to chip shortages. Maybe the 13 Ultra will be a global release. Until then, I'll enjoy mine and now the devs at Xiaomi EU forum have a physical unit, a Xiaomi EU ROM won't be long too hopefully.

Dutch-Vivo

Mar 3, 2022
That's right ... It's the USA Huawei ban !
They know that if they become to popular they would be banned as only Samsung and Apple are allowed to dominate and they would end up like Huawei which is really crippled in 2022.
Huawei would have been the world leader in 2022 if it wasn't for the bans.
It's not worth it for these brands to release these premium devices and run a risk.

Sure, they do release lower end tier models but these are far from a threat and usually are lower spec versions.
I am not expecting this to change and NO 12Sultra will ever be Global.
Just like the 11ultra and the 10 ultra that also were not global through the official channels.

Dutch-Vivo

Mar 3, 2022
11 Ultra was global. At the least China, India, Indonesia, global and EEA ROMs, all official. May be not USA due to many other issues but it was classed as a globally released phone.
It wasn't sold in several EU countries through regular carriers and the big retailers. Some countries did have it but they didn't have the big 512GB version and soon stopped selling it all together.
And yes North America didn't get it neither through official channels.

That's NOT global.

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Xiaomi 12S Pro
There will only ever be a global ROM if and when the S12U is launched outside of China (officially released I mean, not 3rd party sellers).

Last I heard there are no plans to release the Ultra outside of mainland China. This is a worrying trend - other brands e.g. Vixo's X Fold - are launching their most advanced models only in china only and with only the Chinese ROM available. (I blame USA -> Huawei ban)
I believe xiaomi.eu team are working on the EU ROM now so those owners wanting a "global" ROM can use that when it's available

Based on Chinese ROM but with the Chinese bloatware stripped out and all the usual Google apps and services pre-baked into the ROM plus international regions and language support included

(unlocked bootloader required)

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
I had the global Mi 11 Ultra. Xiaomi had plans to roll out even more but got hit with component shortages. It's the same with the 12 Ultra plus wanting to be first with the sensor and make a big splash. I'm sure at some point we will see other brands offering big sensor cameras options, which are executed better, as not as rushed.

GodKingKnight

May 7, 2012
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Good idea. Looking forward to doing this and if it bricks my phone, bring it on because that'll be part of the learning process before I publish my findings of what's safe to debloat and what isn't.

An extra few mins of battery life is welcome because I've done it extensively on my Mi 11U anyway!
Hey bro,

What were your results? Wondering if you got around to it. Also maybe the commands through ADB/Fastboot to debloat would be amazing.

AndroPlus

I created the Magisk module to add languages, so you don't need to wait for eu ROM if you are rooted 👍

Reactions: tensux

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No phone has a working twrp on release. It needs the guys who can, to work on it and modify a twrp version to match the new phone. So everyone will have to wait for that.
    Normally a custom fastboot ROM gets released until a working twrp is found and then custom ROMs tend to be in a twrp flash version and of course ability to flash magisk. Just hand on a while until a twrp is found before buying.
    Probably a couple of weeks after release? Check out the Xiaomi EU forum for its release, as those are the guys who will have the first but also check out https://mifirm.net/model/thor.ttt for all the latest releases and twrp releases.
    I had no idea that mifirm website had existed, I'll keep track. Thanks again!
    Mine shipped yesterday as part of first release. Should be with me in the UK on Monday according to FedEx
    I have got a Chinese Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G since three years. My current carrier is Movistar in Spain ... and I haven't had any issues of missing bands.
    Mate 30 Pro is missing only band 32 which doesn`t affect you at all in Spain as none of the spanish networks are using it.

When it comes to 12s Ultra, it`s missing 4 bands in UK.
    5G - N20b
    4G - N20, N28b, N32.

Having issues with the network coverage is my only concern regarding this phone.