Please clarify how denylist works with other zygisk modules

Search This thread

droidvark

Jul 22, 2013
With Magisk 24 a couple of things have changed and its got me confused maybe someone here can help me understand.

Previously, with MagiskHide I could select apps for which Magisk would be hidden. In addition, I had riru/lsposed with a couple of modules, afwall+ donate and xprivacyLua for example. I selected all user installed apps for both these modules. So I basically had hidden magisk, and magisk and lsposed modules worked on selected apps.

With Magisk 24 it seems differently, but maybe I misinterpret.

With Magisk 24, I enable zygisk with enforce deny list. The description says that selected processes will have all Magisk modifications reverted.

I installed lsposed canary version which works with zygisk on Magisk 24 (on 2/2 it will be pushed to the stable channel). I installed the same modules, afwall+ and xprivacylua. Except that now all the apps that are on the zygisk denylist are marked as such in the lsposed module list. I suspect this means lsposed as a zygisk module is also reverted on apps on the denylist.

So if thats correct, basically we cannot have Magisk hidden and still have LSPosed modules applied, such as AFWall and XprivacyLUA.

Is that correct or am I misinterpreting the denylist description?

With Magisk 24 a couple of things have changed and its got me confused maybe someone here can help me understand.

Previously, with MagiskHide I could select apps for which Magisk would be hidden. In addition, I had riru/lsposed with a couple of modules, afwall+ donate and xprivacyLua for example. I selected all user installed apps for both these modules. So I basically had hidden magisk, and magisk and lsposed modules worked on selected apps.

With Magisk 24, I enable zygisk with enforce deny list. The description says that selected processes will have all Magisk modifications reverted.

I installed lsposed canary version which works with zygisk on Magisk 24 (on 2/2 it will be pushed to the stable channel). I installed the same modules, afwall+ and xprivacylua. Except that now all the apps that are on the zygisk denylist are marked as such in the lsposed module list. I suspect this means lsposed as a zygisk module is also reverted on apps on the denylist.

So if thats correct, basically we cannot have Magisk hidden and still have LSPosed modules applied, such as AFWall and XprivacyLUA.

Your misinterpreting it, deny list just denies access to zygisk to the apps you selected, you have to use LSPosed zygisk version as Rieu will not work with it. Everything else works the same

Reactions: droidvark

droidvark

Jul 22, 2013
Your misinterpreting it, deny list just denies access to zygisk to the apps you selected, you have to use LSPosed zygisk version as Rieu will not work with it. Everything else works the same

Thanks! Yes I am using the Zygisk version (and I think you meant riru, rieu sounds like an autocorrect mistake :p).

Maybe I didn't explain it very well. I tested it with several apps in different situations and it works like I suspected. For example, XprivacyLua can deny apps access to the clipboard. When an app is on the denylist in Zygisk and has access to the clipboard denied in XprivacyLua, it still has access to the clipboard. Once I remove the app from the denylist, XprivacyLua starts working and selected apps are denied access to the clipboard.

In other words, LSPosed modules do not work on apps that are on the denylist. During my trials I also noticed the short popup message in LSPosed saying that it might not work on apps on the denylist.

I think this is a serious regression from previous versions.

Reactions: kaefers

mGforCe

Dec 3, 2007
Mumbai
I have the same query as OP. How do we configure denylist in tandem with other modules?

If any bank app is selected in the denylist, then in XPrivacyLua the same app is given a label "On denylist"

same here :v
so much confusion lol

Thanks! Yes I am using the Zygisk version (and I think you meant riru, rieu sounds like an autocorrect mistake :p).

Maybe I didn't explain it very well. I tested it with several apps in different situations and it works like I suspected. For example, XprivacyLua can deny apps access to the clipboard. When an app is on the denylist in Zygisk and has access to the clipboard denied in XprivacyLua, it still has access to the clipboard. Once I remove the app from the denylist, XprivacyLua starts working and selected apps are denied access to the clipboard.

In other words, LSPosed modules do not work on apps that are on the denylist. During my trials I also noticed the short popup message in LSPosed saying that it might not work on apps on the denylist.

In order to make this work before what you need to do is configure the dentist and enforce toggle on. Reboot phone. Search Magisk alpha thread on telegram. Download latest Shamiko Magisk module. Toggle the enforce toggle off then flash the Shamiko module and reboot. all will work like before
Ps riru doesn't work on zygisk yet as far as I know and there is lsposed zygisk version you will need to run attached below. Remove riru core and old lsposed prior to flashing new one
Also if you need more hiding ability use hidemyapplist xposed module for other stuff

Attachments

• Shamiko-v0.4.3-102-release.zip
    218.2 KB · Views: 396
  • LSPosed-v1.7.2-6420-zygisk-release.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 342
Last edited:
In order to make this work before what you need to do is configure the dentist and enforce toggle on. Reboot phone. Search Magisk alpha thread on telegram. Download latest Shamiko Magisk module. Toggle the enforce toggle off then flash the Shamiko module and reboot. all will work like before
Ps riru doesn't work on zygisk yet as far as I know and there is lsposed zygisk version you will need to run attached below. Remove riru core and old lsposed prior to flashing new one
Thanks gonna try this out.

edit: everything works fine. thanks!

looks like shamiko takes the denylist and enforces it while preserving the ability for the same list to be accessible for lsposed modules. nice thing.

Last edited:
Thanks gonna try this out.

edit: everything works fine. thanks!

looks like shamiko takes the denylist and enforces it while preserving the ability for the same list to be accessible for lsposed modules. nice thing.
Been using it this way for 3 plus months
Shamiko is actually a zygisk hide itself

Last edited:

okwhateverok

Sep 21, 2014
Amsterdam
Thank you guys for offering a possible solution but after the tests i took i think this shamiko module is just a visual module. To share one of my test results i installed this app Device info pro and on the system tab it says root management app Magisk....

So there is no solution yet i think to have zygisk deny list configured for the some app and use for example xprivacylua lua on this app and have them both working toghether properly..

Thank you guys for offering a possible solution but after the tests i took i think this shamiko module is just a visual module. To share one of my test results i installed this app Device info pro and on the system tab it says root management app Magisk....

So there is no solution yet i think to have zygisk deny list configured for the some app and use for example xprivacylua lua on this app and have them both working toghether properly..
Shamiko is not a visual mod... It hides zygisk.... Maybe read a little. Also did you turn denylist toggle off before flashing shamiko.

okwhateverok

Sep 21, 2014
Amsterdam
Exactly, if shamiko v0.4.3 was not a visual mod (at least on system level) i should not be able to see what app does provide root if i got this app enabled on the magisk denylist and got this same app completely blocked by xprivacylua using Lsposed 1.7.2 zygisk.

This means that this is a pure cosmetic mod, but thanks to the developers anyway.

I think i had done a little more than only read a little haha...

mARximUS

Jul 18, 2006
Hi, I have a similar question. I use SeftyNet from kdrag0n, works fine with a banking app (denyList + enforce)
Can I add programs preventively? For example most of Google, all banking apps (before I run them)?
Could this slow down the system? Or make the applications will not work properly?

After reading this thread, I have a question. I wonder whether to use SeftyNet from kdrag0n, or Shamiko ?

PS I've had a lot of work lately and a long pause on Android systems, And I'm just catching up.

eternalvarka

Aug 19, 2021
Exactly, if shamiko v0.4.3 was not a visual mod (at least on system level) i should not be able to see what app does provide root if i got this app enabled on the magisk denylist and got this same app completely blocked by xprivacylua using Lsposed 1.7.2 zygisk.

This means that this is a pure cosmetic mod, but thanks to the developers anyway.

I think i had done a little than only read a little haha...
Did you find an answer? Lsposed modules + Denylist enforced or somehow else?

okwhateverok

Sep 21, 2014
Amsterdam
I did not find a solution nor the developers did so far...

This all while running the latest version of Shamiko v0.5.0 and Lsposed Zygisk v1.8.3.

But still i want to thank the developers for their hard work because it is actually the manufacturers android developers who does close these doors for their users to modify and control their own devices.

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
FYI .... I found out that for some funny reason one banking app with a wierd name like /data/data/com.uniken.r2fa4a.boi will not add via GUI . If you add it to denylist via GUI it will auto uncheck. Its aint a system app why then does Magisk ( latest as I type ) refuse to add it ? Go Figure. In the meantime , found a workaround by using ---denylist add < package > on command line. So far it seemed to have worked. But dunno why GUI would'nt take my commands

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
I have a fork that restore MagiskHide from DenyList. MagiskHide can be enabled no matter Zygis is enabled or disabled. After enable MagiskHide, zygisk module will still be loaded on denylist. I also add hide zygisk, hide for isolated process and app zygote into MagiskHide.

magiskhide is already inc in the magisk --denylist command just that there is no seperate bin for that in the new one .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Also if you need more hiding ability use hidemyapplist xposed module for other stuff
    The OP has a valid question. I hope someone can answer.