• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

please delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tom19146

Feb 6, 2014
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cant get PC to read watch in step 10 of flashing

I have an Omate 1/8 which arrived yesterday. I factory reset it. I got through steps 1-9 of the recent Rom update. When I tried 10, to connect my watch to my PC, it recognized a "removable disc G:" and told me to insert a disk, but it didn't/couldn't read the watch contents.
(The setup file in step 2 did properly set up according to my pc.)

Anyone able to suggest what I do?

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
I have an Omate 1/8 which arrived yesterday. I factory reset it. I got through steps 1-9 of the recent Rom update. When I tried 10, to connect my watch to my PC, it recognized a "removable disc G:" and told me to insert a disk, but it didn't/couldn't read the watch contents.
(The setup file in step 2 did properly set up according to my pc.)

Anyone able to suggest what I do?

Are you trying to flash the ROM or trying to run the patch? They are two different things. This thread is for the Patch.

urmcgwy

May 5, 2010
No root

Thanks for all your work so far on the x201! Having an issue of no root on the watch...

1. x201 Omate Truesmart
2. Omate_Truesmart_20140120.154604_v2.0
3. Not root after flashing 1.0.2 patch
4. Reverted back to stock, reflashed. Attempted the 1.0.1 version. Security Settings and SU say no root ("There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!")

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Thanks for all your work so far on the x201! Having an issue of no root on the watch...

1. x201 Omate Truesmart
2. Omate_Truesmart_20140120.154604_v2.0
3. Not root after flashing 1.0.2 patch
4. Reverted back to stock, reflashed. Attempted the 1.0.1 version. Security Settings and SU say no root ("There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!")

What OS?

EDIT;
What model?

Last edited:
Reactions: urmcgwy

urmcgwy

May 5, 2010

Sorry Win7 x64

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Sorry Win7 x64

And I have no idea why I wrote Win7.... its Win8.1 x64 =P

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Sorry Win7 x64

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

And I have no idea why I wrote Win7.... its Win8.1 x64 =P

Omate "Developer Edition" 1/8

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Sorry Win7 x64
And I have no idea why I wrote Win7.... its Win8.1 x64
Omate "Developer Edition" 1/8

Is ADB installed?
Did you disable Quickboot?
Did you enable USB Debugging?
Did the Patch give any errors when you ran it?

Just hard wiped my dev unit, flashed stock Jan20 and ran the Patch v1.0.2. The only thing I had happen was SuperSU tell me the su binary needed to be updated. I am curious as you mention trying to install SuperSU, it's preinstalled by the Patch and should not have to be installed by the user.

Last edited:

urmcgwy

May 5, 2010
Is ADB installed?
Did you disable Quickboot?
Did you enable USB Debugging?
Did the Patch give any errors when you ran it?

Just hard wiped my dev unit, flashed stock Jan20 and ran the Patch v1.0.2. The only thing I had happen was SuperSU tell me the su binary needed to be updated. I am curious as you mention trying to install SuperSU, it's preinstalled by the Patch and should not have to be installed by the user.

I did all of that according to your instructions and didn't get any errors. Decided to wipe and return to stock, but got an error during flashing (status bar went to 100% really quick and an error popped up around 13 seconds). Watch won't respond to anything including plugging it into a wall charger. Will try with another computer to see if that helps, and then try pulling the battery if that doesn't work. Any advice to unbrick?

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
I did all of that according to your instructions and didn't get any errors. Decided to wipe and return to stock, but got an error during flashing (status bar went to 100% really quick and an error popped up around 13 seconds). Watch won't respond to anything including plugging it into a wall charger. Will try with another computer to see if that helps, and then try pulling the battery if that doesn't work. Any advice to unbrick?

Those errors are really important. Knowing what the error and what color the was was tells me a lot of things. As far as the watch being unresponsive, battery pull or wait a few hours for the battery to die. If you don't want ot void the warranty I suggest waiting for the battery to die.

Something is not right then because if SuperSU (or any file file that matter) was not installed, the script would have given an error.

EDIT:
I don't want to seem like I'm not trying to help but I run the script 20-30 times before a release and use it about 10-15 times a day on a regular basis. In fact I use a slightly modified version to cut down on dev time.

Last edited:

urmcgwy

May 5, 2010
Those errors are really important. Knowing what the error and what color the was was tells me a lot of things. As far as the watch being unresponsive, battery pull or wait a few hours for the battery to die. If you don't want ot void the warranty I suggest waiting for the battery to die.

Something is not right then because if SuperSU (or any file file that matter) was not installed, the script would have given an error.

EDIT:
I don't want to seem like I'm not trying to help but I run the script 20-30 times before a release and use it about 10-15 times a day on a regular basis. In fact I use a slightly modified version to cut down on dev time.

Sounds good! SuperSU was installed, it just said the binaries weren't installed. I took off the screw covers for the waterproofing warranty, but one of the screws was stripped, so I think I'm out of luck...the watch is off so I don't think the battery will even drain. I guess it is time to see what Omate customer service is made of.

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Sounds good! SuperSU was installed, it just said the binaries weren't installed. I took off the screw covers for the waterproofing warranty, but one of the screws was stripped, so I think I'm out of luck...the watch is off so I don't think the battery will even drain. I guess it is time to see what Omate customer service is made of.

Unless you pull the battery, the watch may appear to be off but stuck on bootloader mode. It's happened to me a couple times as well.

If yours is anything like mine, the placement screws are better than the ones in the TS.

Reactions: urmcgwy

urmcgwy

May 5, 2010
Unless you pull the battery, the watch may appear to be off but stuck on bootloader mode. It's happened to me a couple times as well.

If yours is anything like mine, the placement screws are better than the ones in the TS.

Thanks for all the help! I'll just wait until tomorrow to see if the watch dies on me and see what Omate has to say. Really appreciate the quick responses!

Tom19146

Feb 6, 2014
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I just flashed back to stock, what next is needed?

Following Lokifish's very helpful video, I have finally succeeded in flashing back to stock. Do I need now to do a security patch, or was that included in the stock file I'd have used? Also, how might I obtain some of the useful additions that Loki installed in Imperium, working from stock?

Thanks for all your help!

Tom

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Following Lokifish's very helpful video, I have finally succeeded in flashing back to stock. Do I need now to do a security patch, or was that included in the stock file I'd have used? Also, how might I obtain some of the useful additions that Loki installed in Imperium, working from stock?

Thanks for all your help!

Tom

If you flashed back to stock then none of the improvements listed in the OP will be found on your device. Stock is exactly that, stock with no changes at all.

Except for some build.prop edits, removing preinstalled apps like FB and a different launcher, there is no difference between the patch and the ROM. I in fact use a slightly modified version of the Patch myself to build the test builds of the ROM.

Tom19146

Feb 6, 2014
Philadelphia, PA, USA
If you flashed back to stock then none of the improvements listed in the OP will be found on your device. Stock is exactly that, stock with no changes at all.

Except for some build.prop edits, removing preinstalled apps like FB and a different launcher, there is no difference between the patch and the ROM. I in fact use a slightly modified version of the Patch myself to build the test builds of the ROM.

I am not sure if I understood. Weren't there some security issues you helped address,( before Imperium), that were recommended to add to the stock rom?

Are you saying if I do this patch, I will basically have the Rom plus some adjustments? Are these security related or just improvements, tweaks and some helpful programs? Either way, I think I will prefer this to the basic stock. (I took your reply to suggest there might be no need to do the patch, that it is useful to you but not so necessary...)

Tom

Oh, by the way, for us true newbies, it might be helpful to offer some advice how best to negotiate the downloads at host-dev... I found myself in a hellish loop of websites offering that I join for free but then never giving a way to get past the "upgrade to premium" offers. In the end, I downloaded iLivid download manager and got it to work.

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
I am not sure if I understood. Weren't there some security issues you helped address,( before Imperium), that were recommended to add to the stock rom?

Are you saying if I do this patch, I will basically have the Rom plus some adjustments? Are these security related or just improvements, tweaks and some helpful programs? Either way, I think I will prefer this to the basic stock. (I took your reply to suggest there might be no need to do the patch, that it is useful to you but not so necessary...)

Tom

Oh, by the way, for us true newbies, it might be helpful to offer some advice how best to negotiate the downloads at host-dev... I found myself in a hellish loop of websites offering that I join for free but then never giving a way to get past the "upgrade to premium" offers. In the end, I downloaded iLivid download manager and got it to work.

Fixes have not made it to official firmware yet.

Rom = Patch + extras

Use an adblocker and only the actual download button will be seen.

Reactions: Tom19146

Tom19146

Feb 6, 2014
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Thanks. All working with the patch now.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

I successfully downloaded the patch. I was downloading apps and after downloading cal from the Omate store, it froze. I cannot shut the phone off. Neither button. Touch screen unresponsive. Is there any other way to reboot things than to take the battery out? Any reset pin hole or such?

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Thanks. All working with the patch now.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

I successfully downloaded the patch. I was downloading apps and after downloading cal from the Omate store, it froze. I cannot shut the phone off. Neither button. Touch screen unresponsive. Is there any other way to reboot things than to take the battery out? Any reset pin hole or such?

Iv'e had that happen to me a couple of times even when on stock w no patch. Short of pulling the battery you have to wait for the battery to die.

Reactions: Tom19146

Agiord

Feb 18, 2014
Omate TS slow and built-in memory full

Hi all, hopefully this time I am posting in the right place. After flashing the patch my TS seems to be slower and seems to ignore storing things on the sd card. The TS memory now has only 228mb free and the SD card is all free (this is set up as the default storage). Has anybody come across a similar situation (TS slow and memory full) and how could I overcome that? Many thanks in advance (please be patient, I am not an expert)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts