• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Please Disregard - PEBCAK

Search This thread
Edit: I happened to be looking through Developer Options and realized that "Don't Keep Activities" had been enabled. I never thought to check that because I don't enable it. I don't know how it got enabled, but that fixed the issue. Lesson learned: Check it anyway.

----------

NieR cannot be resumed. It restarts even by clicking the recent apps button of the navigation bar. This cannot be reproduced on other devices.

Settings verified:

app is still enabled in Auto-start Manager
not optimized in Battery optimization
Battery Saver in Developer options is disabled
Background app management is disabled
Detect & stop under Detect battery-draining apps is disabled

Has anyone else noticed this with an app and was able to fix it?

Attachments

• 2021-08-03-10-33-16.mp4
    13.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jhosharath

Jan 1, 2011
Pondicherry
I am on WW .56 firmware . I dont have the issue as seen in your video with that game (even at 14% battery in ultra durable after 4 mins approx).It resumes where i left. Maybe a firmware related issue?. Try locking the task from recents and give a try.

Reactions: twistedumbrella
I am on WW .56 firmware . I dont have the issue as seen in your video with that game (even at 14% battery in ultra durable after 4 mins approx).It resumes where i left. Maybe a firmware related issue?. Try locking the task from recents and give a try.

That was the first thing I tried before toggling anything. It seems it isn't an app issue then, so I should probably report it to Asus.

I wonder if turning on persistent lighting could exploit their wakelock.

Last edited:

jhosharath

Jan 1, 2011
Pondicherry
I updated to the newest firmware WW .86. no issues faced.

Attachments

• 2021-08-04-10-59-39.mp4
    9.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jhosharath

Jan 1, 2011
Pondicherry
Yes try another game or two to check the same. I have no idea regarding this issue 😅
Maybe try clearing data for that game and start fresh with permissions or uninstall and reinstall to see if the same issue is persistent.

Yes try another game or two to check the same. I have no idea regarding this issue 😅
Maybe try clearing data for that game and start fresh with permissions or uninstall and reinstall to see if the same issue is persistent.

Its not a system crash. I had downloaded the full data package to avoid downloading on mobile data, but also wiped, tried without downloading it, then downloaded it again. I'll have to double check the logs and make sure it isn't a silent crash, but that seems unlikely.

It's not a big enough issue to justify a full wipe, but that would probably fix it.

Last edited:

jhosharath

Jan 1, 2011
Pondicherry
Having done everything but still persistent mean it is for sure due to system management or something else related to system and app or the game specifically. Because online server sync crash is highly unlikely for this game since before you continue its getting crashed/restarted. Give a try with two other random games if the issue is reproducible

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had this with a music player app. Have you tried adding the app in Optiflex?
    It's looking like Game Genie may be crashing out.