Please Help! Black screen but LCD has backlight!

Search This thread

g77

Nov 8, 2006
Porto
Well guys this is what happened:

1. My wife got mad with me and broke my lovely trinity. In fact only touch screen was broken, lcd still works.
2. So I bought a new one on ebay (lcd+touch), so much more cheaper!
3. I replaced the broken one for the new one and everything was fine, I got my trinity back
4. Anyway I had to disassamble it all again because lcd was not placed conveniently, I've done it several times until I got it perfect but when I power-on there was no image on LCD, just a black screen with backlight.
5. I thought it could be a damage in flex cable, but older lcd leads me to the same result.

Any idea?

Last edited:

g77

Nov 8, 2006
Porto
Can't find a reason for it! Broken flex or chipset damage? I'm not in the mood to buy a new one to check it!...

vimafeje

Mar 30, 2006
*/*
www.vimafeje.com
hi, it's has appening the same thing to me!!! but i solve it!!!! how? my problem was in the connection of the LCT to the motherboard! I just have put a small paper in it between the cover to make some pressure on it and then the LCD work perfectly!

if you need some more help, tell me something and i will take some picture of it!!!

great rom's!!!
greetings

g77

Nov 8, 2006
Porto
hi, it's has appening the same thing to me!!! but i solve it!!!! how? my problem was in the connection of the LCT to the motherboard! I just have put a small paper in it between the cover to make some pressure on it and then the LCD work perfectly!

if you need some more help, tell me something and i will take some picture of it!!!

great rom's!!!
greetings

Doesnt work either!...But thanks anyway!

vimafeje

Mar 30, 2006
*/*
www.vimafeje.com
Doesnt work either!...But thanks anyway!

let me tell you that i have made more than 50 try to mount it correctly.
the flex cable is terrible to put in place.

have you try to make some pressure like in this picture:

p3600-pressao.png

when my screen is not working, if i does that, the LCD works, but whith no pressure, no LCD...

have you try to turn on the PDA when he was disassemble?
try it!

australfr

Jul 29, 2008
Villenoy
let me tell you that i have made more than 50 try to mount it correctly.
the flex cable is terrible to put in place.

have you try to make some pressure like in this picture:

p3600-pressao.png

when my screen is not working, if i does that, the LCD works, but whith no pressure, no LCD...

have you try to turn on the PDA when he was disassemble?
try it!

Hi there, i'v got the same problem. black screen backlite is ok
I bought a new LCd and still have the problem.
I try the pressur e like the picture but is't not Ok even dissassemble.

I'll aprecciate help about this problem.
My trinity is without warranty so i can't return it

Thank's

g77

Nov 8, 2006
Porto
Hi there, i'v got the same problem. black screen backlite is ok
I bought a new LCd and still have the problem.
I try the pressur e like the picture but is't not Ok even dissassemble.

I'll aprecciate help about this problem.
My trinity is without warranty so i can't return it

Thank's

Boy I just bought a new LCD on ebay thinking i'd get my problem solved!:mad:
So we'll have to wait someone help us...

g77

Nov 8, 2006
Porto
Great! I got my trinity working now with my brand new lcd, but it's kinda unstable i wonder if could be keypad flex cable that is broken as i read somewhere that a broken cable could cause other issues...

NOW SOLVED: I unpluged keypad flex and removed the whole board now it works perfectly (no keypad of course, but i'll buy a new one ;) )

Last edited:

nazbel

Nov 15, 2008
Algiers
Thanx!!!!

Thanks vimafeje!!! you are great!!!! i thought my problem was software!!! i tried all kind of stuff,change roms, radios, format with mtty, unbrick..and always got that black screen!!! almost tried everything!!and i luckily found this thread... your solution was mine!!!
before reading your thread i used to make some pressure on the down right side of the battery...and it was working a couple of minutes because when pressing on battery i was pressing under screen !!!
anyway......i'll try to disassemble it to fix it.....
i think my problem came from one of my trinity's fall !!!
take good care!! :):):)

broadband

Jun 25, 2006
hi guys , i have 2 P3600 devices ,...and i got the same problems ,,, and if i press on the batteror or twist it ,, the LCD works
so i think it s kind of break on the Motherboard Tracks ,,,, how we can fix it
is there any way to repair....
i need to fix both devices ,,,,
it s expencive to buy new HTC ,,, specially the new one is highly expencive

vimafeje

Mar 30, 2006
*/*
www.vimafeje.com
hi guys , i have 2 P3600 devices ,...and i got the same problems ,,, and if i press on the batteror or twist it ,, the LCD works
so i think it s kind of break on the Motherboard Tracks ,,,, how we can fix it
is there any way to repair....
i need to fix both devices ,,,,
it s expencive to buy new HTC ,,, specially the new one is highly expencive

hello,

its look like you are having a connection problem with the flat cable to connect the screen to the motherboard. making some pressure in the side of the trinity, like in the picture posted some post ago qill prove that.

so, have you try to dismantle them?

try it, and make shure the flat cable is in place, try to turn on the phone while he is dismantle, and if the screen is not working, try to touch this flat cable.

i solve mine by luck, i have dismantle mine more than 50 times!!!!! but now, it's working wonderfull!!!!

good luck!!!

try it,

marotoweb

Feb 23, 2007
Senhora da Hora
The problem is the flex cable connection of the display or keypad to the motherboard.

Check if the display flexcable is well aligned and properly inserted into the motherboard slot.
Place a piece of paper or other soft material on the two connectors (display/ keypad) to improve the pressure from the back cover in these components.

broadband

Jun 25, 2006
Hi guys ... i tried to dismentle it many times
the main problem coming form the motherboard itself ..as i touched the lcd flat cable and nothing happend still black screenn,,but if i twist the main board it works fine and quickly
thank for replying
hope we find a solution anyway,,i nneed my trinity so much

broadband

Jun 25, 2006
Thank you for your fast reply,,,, i really appreciate it
i am working on it now ,,, i try to find where to put the paper piece and i will tell you the result soon ,,,, thank you
Jimmy

gkooi

Aug 1, 2007
i have the same problem 3 weeks ago, if u r in Shanghai China. I bet u can 100% fixed. I hv send to repair house and they tried to fix the flex cable but no luck. Change the touch screen same issue happen. and when the Samsung CPU is depressed. It boots up all right. So... the root cause is the CPU BGA balls suspected crack. So this guy just removed it reball it and place back.. Wallah!... IT WORKS!!!。。。。 My Trinity was dropped before black screen... hope this help!.. My advice is if you r not good in rework skill,don't do it. Get the expert help!... it cost me RMB400... :-(

broadband

Jun 25, 2006
Hi guys ,, i tried to place a piece of paper under the flat cable ,,but no luck to boot normally,,, i think the problem like Gooki said ,on the one of the chips placed under the LCD connector,,,,, i hope i can find someone can help me in egypt ....
could u send me the name and the address in china pls for repairing ,,,, maybe i can send mine to be repaird i have 2 trinitys should be repaired ... thnaks